Continuing Jokes Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh reminds me of the fun times in physics class at high school :lol:

Here's mine (might have been said before)

Descartes walks into a bar.

The bartender walks up to him and says, Would you care for a drink?

Descartes replied, I think not. and disappears.

I never get sick of that joke

Does that "Descartes joke" make sense?? I'm not sure it does.......

anyway.......

A man walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Do you want to play a game? See those two rib-eyes nailed to the ceiling? You get to throw one dart. If you hit one, you get to take them home and I'll give you a free drink." The man says, "No thanks, the steaks are too high."

A blind man walks into a bar with his seeing eye dog. He lifts the dog up and swings him around over his head by the tail. The bartender says "Hey, man! What are you doing?" He says, "Oh, I'm just looking around."
-- Prairie Home Companion, Pretty Good Joke Book

A guy walks into a bar and there is a horse behind the bar serving drinks. The guy is just staring at the horse, when the horse says, "What are you staring at? Haven't you ever seen a horse serving drinks before?" The guy says, "No, I never thought the parrot would sell the place."

A baby seal walks into a bar. "What can I get you?" asks the bartender. "Anything but a Canadian Club," replies the seal.

A definite integral walks and orders 10 shots of whiskey. "You sure about that, buddy?" "Yeah, I know my limits.

A bar walks into a commutative algebraist.

A cosine wave walks into a bar, and orders a pint. The barman says sorry, we dont cater for functions.

Three fonts walk into a bar. The bartender looks up and says, "We don't serve your type in here."

A man walks into a bar with a newt on his shoulder. "Hey," the bartender says, "what's his name?" "Tiny," the man replys. "Why call him that?," the bartender says. "Because he's my newt."

[Heard on WPLJ radio - New York City- 4/21/97] A man walks into a bar and orders a drink. After sitting for a few minutes, he hears a voice say, "nice tie." He looks around but doesn't see anybody near him. Some time passes and he hears the same voice say, "nice shirt." This time he looks everywhere; behind him, up and down the bar, under the chair, behind the bar, everywhere he can think to look, but he doesn't see anyone. A few minutes later he hears, "nice haircut." He can't stand it any more, so he calls the bartender over and tells him he has been hearing this voice. The bartender says, "Oh that...that's the nuts -- they're complimentary."

A priest meets a drunk outside a bar. The drunk claims to be Jesus. The priest disagrees, the man insists. Finally, the priest says, "how can you prove it?" The man, says "come with me." They go inside the bar. The bartender says, "Jesus Christ, not you again."

A man goes into a bar and orders 12 shots of tequila. The bartender looks on as the guy downs one after another. As he slams the 10th one, the bartender says, "I dont think you should be drinking those so fast." "You would if you had what I have," the man says, throwing back number 11. "Well, what is it you have?" The man throws back his last shot and says, "Fifty cents."

A man walks into a bar and the bartender asks him "What'll you have?". The guy answers, "A scotch, please". The bartender hands him the drink, and says "That'll be five dollars", to which he replies "What are you talking about? I don't owe you anything for this". A lawyer, sitting nearby and overhearing the conversation, then says to the bartender, "You know, he's got you there. In the original offer, which constitutes a binding contract upon acceptance, there was no stipulation of remuneration". The bartender's not impressed, but says to the guy, "Okay, you beat me for a drink. But don't ever let me catch you in here again". The next day, same guy walks into the bar. Bartender says, "What the heck are you doing in here? I can't believe you've got the audacity to come back!". The guy says "What are you talking about? I've never been in this place in my life", to which the bartender replies "I'm very sorry, but it's uncanny. You must have a double." To which the guy replies "Thank you! Make it a scotch."

A guy walks into a bar down in Alabama and orders a Grape Nehi. Surprised, the bartender looks around and says "You ain't from around here... where you from, boy?" The guy says, "I'm from Pennsylvania." The bartender asks, "What do you do up in Pennsylvania?" The guy responds, "I'm a taxidermist." The bartender asks, "A taxidermist... what the heck is a taxidermist?" The guy says, "I mount dead animals."....The bartender smiles and shouts to the whole bar, "It's OK boys, he's one of us."

A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel sticking out of his zipper. The bartender says, Hey! Did you know you have a steering wheel attached to your willie? The pirate replies, Aye! Its driving me nuts!

A man walks into a classy bar. This bar has a dress code, and the maitre d' demands he wear a tie. Discouraged, the guy goes to his car to sulk when inspiration strikes: He's got jumper cables in the trunk! So he wraps them around his neck, sort of like a string tie and returns to the bar....The maitre d' is reluctant, but says to the guy; "Okay, you can come in... but just don't start anything!"

A man walks into a bar with a slab of asphalt under his arm and says, "A beer please, and one for the road."

A woman walked into a bar carrying a duck under her arm. "Get that pig out of here!" yelled the bartender. "That's not a pig, stupid!" she replied, "That's a duck!" "I know!" said the bartender, "I was talking to the duck!"

A man walked into a bar with an alligator under his arm. He asked the bartender, "Do you serve lawyers here?" The bartender said, "Yes, we do!" "Good," replied the man. "Give me a beer, and I'll have a lawyer for my alligator."

A kangaroo walks into a bar. He orders a beer. The bartender says, "That'll be $10. You know, we don't get many kangaroos coming in here, you know." The kangaroo says, "At $10 a beer, it's not hard to understand."

A snake slithers into a bar and the bartender says, "I'm sorry but I can't serve you." "Why not?" asks the snake. The bartender says, "Because you can't hold your liquor."

A grasshopper hops into a bar. The bartender says, "You're quite a celebrity around here. We've even got a drink named after you." The grasshopper says, "You've got a drink named Steve?"

A crow walks into a bar wearing a pearl necklace. He orders a drink. "I've never seen a crow wearing a pearl necklace before", says the barkeep. "What do you expect with basic black?", says the crow.

A string walks into a pub and orders a drink. "Sorry, we don't serve strings," says the barman. "What? That's discrimination," says the string. So the string walks into the bathroom and ties himself in a knot and messes up his end. He comes back out and approaches the bar and again attempts to order a drink. "Aren't you that string I just refused to serve?" asks the barman. "No. I'm a frayed knot."

A Number 12 walks into a bar and asks the barman for a pint. 'Sorry I can't serve you' states the barman. 'Why not' asks the number 12. 'You're under 18' replies the barman.

A mushroom walks into a bar and starts buying drinks for everyone. Big party, everyone is happy. Eventually, someone leans over and says to the mushroom, "your a fungi to have around." [Heard on Prairie Home Companion, April 17, 2004]

A dyslexic guy walks into a bra.

A priest, a rabbi, a nun, a doctor, an engineer and a blond walk into a bar. The bartender says, "Hey, what is this, some kind of a joke?"

A man walks out of a bar and meets a policeman. "Hey," the policeman says, "your eyes are bloodshot, have you been drinking Bloody Mary's?" "Well," the man says, "your eyes are glazed, have you been eating donuts?"

SCHOOL 1960 vs. 2010

Scenario:

Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.

1960 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up friends.

2010 - Police called, arrests Johnny and Mark.. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it. Both children go to anger management programmes for 3 months. School board hold meeting to implement bullying prevention programs. Mark accused of being a racist

Scenario:

Robbie won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1960 - Robbie sent to office and given 6 of the best by the Head Master. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2010 - Robbie given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADD. Robbie's parents get fortnightly disability payments and school gets extra funding from state because Robbie has a disability.

Scenario :

Billy breaks a window in his neighbour's car and his dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1960 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2010 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. State psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison.

Scenario :

Mark has a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1960 - Mark gets glass of water from his teacher to take aspirin with.

2010 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. His house is searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario :

Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from Bonfire Night, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up an ants nest.

1960 - Ants die.

2010- Police Force, & Anti-terrorism Squad called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, Police investigate parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated. Johnny's dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario :

Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary . Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1960 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2010 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

How stupid have we as a society become!

The room was full of pregnant women with their partners. The class was in full swing. The instructor was teaching the women how to breathe properly and was telling the men how to give the necessary assurance to their partners at this stage of the pregnancy.

She said "Ladies, remember that exercise is good for you. Walking is especially beneficial. It strengthens the pelvic muscles and will make delivery that much easier. Just take several steps and stay on a soft surface like grass or a path."

She looked at the men in the room, "and Gentlemen, remember -- You're in this together -- It wouldn't hurt you to go walking with her. "

The room suddenly got very quiet as the men absorbed this information.

Then a man at the back of the room slowly raised his hand.

"Yes", answered the Instructor.

"I was just wondering if it would be all right if she carries a golf bag while we walk?"

---- This kind of sensitivity just can't be taught.

(Brilliant!)

Hot or Cold...?

The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid term.
The answer by one student was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well :

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today.

Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.
This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "It will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you," and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number two must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct......leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED AN A+.

Why we miss Rodney Dangerfield...........

Because he said ....

My wife only has sex with me for a purpose. Last night she used me to
time an egg.

It's tough to stay married. My wife kisses the dog on the lips, yet she
won't drink from my glass!

Last night my wife met me at the front door. She was wearing a sexy
negligee. The only trouble was, she was coming home.

A girl phoned me and said, 'Come on over. There's nobody home.' I went
over. Nobody was home!

A hooker once told me she had a headache.

I went to a massage parlor. It was self-service.

If it weren't for pickpockets, I'd have no sex life at all.

I was making love to this girl and she started crying I said, 'Are you
going to hate yourself in the morning?' She said, 'No, I hate myself now.'

I knew a girl so ugly that she was known as a two-bagger. That's when you
put a bag over your head in case the bag over her head comes off.

I knew a girl so ugly... They use her in prisons to cure sex offenders.

My wife is such a bad cook, if we leave dental floss in the kitchen the
roaches hang themselves.

I'm so ugly I stuck my head out the window and got arrested for mooning.

The other day I came home and a guy was jogging, naked. I asked him, 'Why?'
He said, 'Because you came home early.'

My wife's such a bad cook, the dog begs for Alka-Seltzer.

I know I'm not sexy. When I put my underwear on I can hear the
Fruit-of-the-Loom guys giggling.

My wife is such a bad cook, in my house we pray after the meal.

My wife likes to talk on the phone during sex. She called me from Chicago
last night.

MY FAVORITE:

My family was so poor that if I hadn't been born a boy, I wouldn't have had
anything to play with.

Darwin Awards
Not quite sure these are all new ones, but good for a chuckle.

And once again, it's time for the Darwin Award Nominees. "The Darwins"are
awarded every year to the persons who died in the stupidest
manner,thereby removing themselves from the gene pool.

Here is the official 2010 list. Notice the interesting spin for thisyear's
first place award which comes to us... from -- of all
places, Arkansas. How surprising is that? This year's nominees are:

Nominee No. 1: (San Jose Mercury News):
An unidentified man, using a shotgun like a club to break
a former girlfriend's windshield, accidentally shot himself to death when
the gun discharged, blowing a hole in his gut.

Nominee No. 2: (Kalamazoo Gazette): James Burns, 34, (a mechanic) of Alamo,
MI, was killed in March as he was trying to repair what police
describe as a "farm-type truck." Burns got a friend to drive the truck on
a highway while Burns hung underneath so that he could ascertain the source of a
troubling noise. Burns clothes caught on something, however, and the other
man found Burns "wrapped around the drive shaft."

Nominee No. 3:
(Hickory Daily Record): Ken Charles Barger, 47,
accidentally shot himself to death in December in Newton, NC.
Awakening to the sound of a ringing telephone beside his bed, he
reached for the phone but grabbed instead a Smith & Wesson .38
Special,which discharged when he drew it to his ear.

Nominee No. 4:
(UPI, Toronto): Police said a lawyer demonstrating the safety of windows in a downtown
Toronto skyscraper crashed through a pane with his shoulder and plunged 24 floors to his
death. A police spokesman said Garry Hoy, 39, fell into thecourtyard of
the Toronto Dominion Bank Tower early Friday evening as he was explaining
the strength of the building's windows to visiting law students. Hoy
previously has conducted demonstrations of window strength according to
police reports. Peter Lawson, managing partner of the firm
Holden Day Wilson, told the Toronto
Sun
newspaper that Hoy was "one of the best and brightest" (ed note:????)
members of the 200-man association.

Nominee No. 5: (The News of the Weird): Michael Anderson Godwin made
News of the Weird posthumously. He had spent several years awaiting
South Carolina's electric chair on a murder conviction before having his
sentence reduced to life in prison. While sitting on a metal toilet
in his cell attempting to fix his small TVset, he bit into a wire and was
electrocuted.

Nominee No. 6 A cigarette lighter may have triggered a fatal explosion in Dunkirk, IN. A Jay Countryman,
using a cigarette lighter to check the barrel of a muzzle loader,
was killed Monday night when the weapon discharged in his face, sheriffs
investigators said. Gregory David Pryor, 19, died in his parents'
rural Dunkirk home at about 11:30 PM. Investigators said Pryor
was cleaning a 54-caliber muzzle-loader that had not been firing
properly.He was using the lighter to look into the barrel when
the gunpowder ignited.

Nominee No. 7: (Reuters, Mississauga, Ontario): A man cleaning a
bird feeder on the balcony of his condominium apartment in this Toronto
suburb slipped and fell 23 stories to his death. Stefan Macko, 55,
was standing on a wheelchair when the accident occurred, said Inspector
Darcy Honer of the Peel Regional Police. "It appears that the chair
moved, and he went over the balcony, " Honer said.

Finally,
THE WINNER!!!:
(Arkansas Democrat Gazette):
Two local men were injured when their pickup truck left the road and struck a
tree near Cotton Patch on State Highway 38 early
Monday. Woodruff County deputy Dovey Snyder reported the accident shortly after
midnight Monday. Thurston Poole, 33, of Des Arc, and Billy Ray Wallis, 38, of Little
Rock, were returning to Des Arc after a frog catching trip. On
an overcast Sunday night, Poole's pickup truck headlights
malfunctioned. The two men concluded that the headlight fuse on the
older-model truck had burned out. As a replacement fuse was not
available, Wallis noticed that the 22-caliber bullets from his pistol fit
perfectlyinto the fuse box next to the steering-wheel column.
Upon inserting the bullet the headlights again began to operate
properly, and the two men proceeded on eastbound toward the White River
Bridge . After traveling approximately 20 miles, and just before crossing
the river, the bullet apparently overheated, discharged, and struck
Poole in the testicles. The vehicle swerved sharply right,
exiting the pavement, and striking a tree. Poole suffered only minor
cuts and abrasions from the accident but will require extensive surgery to
repair the damage to his testicles, which will never again operate as
intended.Wallis sustained a broken clavicle and was treated and
released. "Thank God we weren't on that bridge when Thurston shot
his nuts off, or we might both be dead, " stated Wallis. "I've
been a trooper for 10 years in this part of the world, but this is a first
for me. I can't believe that those two would admit how
thisaccident happened, " said Snyder. Upon being notified of the
wreck, Lavinia (Poole's wife), asked how many frogs the boys had
caught and did anyone get them from the truck.Priorities, after all!!
Though Poole and Wallis did not die as a result of their misadventure
as normally required by Darwin Award Official Rules, it can be
argued that Poole did, in fact, effectively remove himself from the
gene pool.

people like that remind me that some people shouldn't be allowed to breed

One of my all time favourite Darwin Awards was the ex-marine (Russian I think) walking his Alsatian and got into an argument with some passerby's.

As they walked away rom him he lobbed a grenade at them.

Hi Alsatian promptly retrieved it and blew up himself and his angry owner.

i got this mate, top bloke.. he has epilepsy.. i bought him a strobe light for christmas, he will have a fit when he sees it..

Why Men aren't allowed to take messages...

message.JPG

Whoa. That fridge is tiny.

A man asked an American Indian what was his wife's name.

He replied, "She called Five Horses".

The man said, "That's an unusual name for your wife. What does it mean?"

The Old Indian answered, "It old Indian Name.

It mean... NAG, NAG, NAG, NAG, NAG!

A magician worked on a cruise ship.

The audience was different each week so the magician did the same tricks over and over again.

There was only one problem: The captain's parrot saw the shows each week and began to understand how the magician did every trick.

Once he understood, he started shouting in the middle of the show, "Look, Its not the same hat!" or, "Look, he's hiding the flowers under the table!" Or "Hey, why are all the cards the ace of spades?"

The magician was furious but couldn't do anything. It was, after all, the captain's parrot.

Then one stormy night on the Pacific, the ship sank, drowning almost all who were on board.
The magician luckily found himself on a piece of wood floating in the middle of the sea, as fate would have it ... With the parrot.

They stared at each other with hatred, but did not utter a word.

This went on for a day... And then 2 days. And then 3 days. Finally on the 4th day, the parrot could not hold back any longer and said...

"OK, I give up. Where's the fuckin' ship?

A Mexican, an Arab, and an Arizona girl are in the same bar. When the Mexican finishes his beer, he throws his glass in the air, pulls out his pistol, and shoots the glass to pieces. He says, 'In Mexico, our glasses are so cheap we don't need to drink with the same one twice.'

The Arab, obviously impressed by this, drinks non-alcohol beer (cuz he's a muslim!), throws it into the air, pulls out his AK-47, and shoots the glass to pieces. He says, 'In the Arab World, we have so much sand to make glasses that we don't need to drink with the same one twice either.'

The Arizona girl, cool as a cucumber, picks up her beer, downs it in one gulp, throws the glass into the air, whips out her 45, and shoots the Mexican and the Arab. Catching her glass, setting it on the bar, and calling for a refill, she says, 'In Arizona, we have so many illegal aliens that we don't have to drink with the same ones twice.'

God Bless Arizona

a man walks into the doctors office wearing only a gladwrap nappie... Doctor takes one look and says "Clearly I can see your nuts"

a man walks into the doctors office with a bit of lettuce poking out of his arse... Doctor takes one look and says "Its just the tip of the iceberg"

Latest posts

Back