Christmas Homebrew Lottery 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mate i wrote my name on the post pack (on the back sender bit) should be there today (i hope).

I would have thought mine would have been there,I hope it didn't explode someplace :lol:

It is over carbonated so in the fridge and get it cold,crack the top and let it sit for a little while.

Batz

Mine sent, although I had some issues.

1) Vista somehow "lost" my beersmith recipes, so no brewsheet, keep in mind I have 3 fermenters running and no data on what is in them and when it was brewed....
2) Actually, that's about it..

I sent you a PET sealed in a glad bag, then placed into one of those Auspost winepak thingies... Hopefully it makes it safely....

Enjoy.

Mine is bottled, just haven't sent it yet.

Had to spend today fishing out on the reef so couldn't make it to the post office, will do so next week :rolleyes:

Mine is bottled, just haven't sent it yet.

Had to spend today fishing out on the reef so couldn't make it to the post office, will do so next week :rolleyes:

how rude , someone forced you to go reef fishin...

Cool mine was the smaller white box in the front of the pic.

Glad it made it safe....... it should have a 14 on the cap.

hope you like it

cheers

Blue, perhaps you could sample the beers in the order of the 'received' list you posted :)

I am going to throw you a question ...... not many posts under your belt before this comp started, but your join date is a year ago, - would be interesting to know what you do on the brewing front, what your favourite styles are, etc.

I'm still reeling from this comp, and for the great booty that Blue's receiving. Shout out to Jye for starting the lottery !

Blue, perhaps you could sample the beers in the order of the 'received' list you posted :)

I am going to throw you a question ...... not many posts under your belt before this comp started, but your join date is a year ago, - would be interesting to know what you do on the brewing front, what your favourite styles are, etc.

I'm still reeling from this comp, and for the great booty that Blue's receiving. Shout out to Jye for starting the lottery !

Yeah I admit I am much more of a lurker than a poster. I first started brewing kits in late 1999 and in a few months moved on to AG with my cousin. We jumped in a little to fast with buying march pumps and stuff like that before we had a proper mash tun set up and after only a few successes, discouraged ourselves a bit I think.

But we both got the itch again last year, which was when I signed up here and we did a bit more research. Since then we have on average brewed about every fortnight and try to brew every weekend when we can. Originally setting up our bastardised RIMS system again. About a year ago we were still getting some unsatisfactory brews and we deceided to simplify. We now no chill and do 50L BIAB. After finally figuring out why some of our FG's were a bit variable, I think we are now consistantly making some really great beer.

I will drink and enjoy any well made beer and love trying something new. Recently we have been brewing nice malty german lagers as I got around to getting a fermenting fridge, with a bock and schwartzbier being the latest.

Hopefully my story didn't bore you and its what you were after :)

Onya blue.
Sending mine in about an hour, on the way to the WA xmas case.
Sorry but didn't have time thru the week.
Has my AHB user name on label.
Cheers and enjoy.

Happy to hear mine has arrived. Its ready to drink. If you like it let me know and am more than happy to PM you the recipe or email you the beersmith file.

Just make sure you let it warm up. 10-12C is where it shines.

Had a bottle myself tonight, not too shabby :p

Blue - im sending my brown belgian porter today. Hope the post man delivers on Xmas Eve? Was going to send it Monday but it needed an extra couple of days. Its interesting. Hope you enjoy your Christmas.
Cheers
Steve

Edit....drink asap as its bottled from the keg!

Best laid plans and all.....
I never got to the post office on Sat, was running late for the WA xmas case swap.
But I sent it yesterday, air express, should be there sometime today :D

Mine was sent Friday so you should get it soonish. The UXB is ready to drink now, its 6.8% - let it warm a bit ~ 8 C.

mine should be there today or tomorrow as well,

it's a Beez Knees styled beer,

5.4%
1kg of Stringy Bark Honey, came out quite nicely, good to go as soon as it's chilled!

Mine only got on its way yesterday. Hopefully it will make it in time.
Enjoy the Bavarian Lager

Updates for the beers have come in the last couple of days:

pokolbinguy
Thommo
pollux
Josh
Guest Lurker
Batz
gibbocore
Jye
Devo
NickB
Brewer
TidalPete
punter
kram
Sunshine Brewer
fhgwgads
Mitchell
Ross
cracka
chad

I'm also not totally sure who sent me the Wounded Beaver

There are also a couple more that I need to work out who they are from but I'll update them later.

Excellent, even with my slackness it still made it in time for xmas.....

Be warned, chill it for a few days before you open it, that yeast seems to have a habit of flocing into huge lumps

Back