Christmas in Late July 2014 Lotto

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,
Assuming there was a draw last night I'll check the numbers tonight when I get home & post the results & confirm the division of the loot. If anyone has the opportunity to check during the day & wants to post a tentative result, feel free, but it's not official till the steward says so.
Best of luck drinkers and gentlemen!

It looks like they still haven't posted the results for Monday 28th July yet... It's killing me. It has been over 24 hours, what's taking them so long?!

EDIT: Now I think about it, they'll probably post the whole days results at midnight tonight.

I had a quick look at the keno website, but to search the results you have to put a game number in. What game number are we using? Must admit, keno's not really my game so not overly familiar with it.

So this is by no means official and I take no responsibility for any false joy/disappointment if it turns out to be incorrect. With some trial and error I THINK I've worked out the first game for 28/7 was 152. If so, the draw, in order was:

74 - not taken
37 - Goomba
8 - jaypes
52 - not taken
23 - Stalking Wilbur

So by my reckoning, Goomba has won first prize, jaypes second prize, and Stalking Wilbur third prize.

As I say, this may be completely wrong and the organisers will give the official results and prize break-ups.

Frick!

I wanted to win the next one and give away beer this one (for critiquing purposes).

Hopefully this unofficialness means someone else gets it.

#firstworldproblems.

I would think your beer would make up part of third prize Goomba, so you'd send yours to Stalking Wilbur. So you get 20 odd beers AND get yours critiqued, WIN WIN!

Once again though, results and prize allocation need to be confirmed by the organisers.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Frick!

I wanted to win the next one and give away beer this one (for critiquing purposes).

Hopefully this unofficialness means someone else gets it.

#firstworldproblems.
LRG ....you poor bugger. fancy winning all those beers and not wanting them.

I have a solution....

You could pick a random number, lets say "16", and bequeath your prize to the person with number "16".

(although bequeathing seems to imply dying first and I certainly wouldn't wish that one you)

GrumpyPaul said:
LRG ....you poor bugger. fancy winning all those beers and not wanting them.

I have a solution....

You could pick a random number, lets say "16", and bequeath your prize to the person with number "16".

(although bequeathing seems to imply dying first and I certainly wouldn't wish that one you)
:D :lol:

As I said, first world problems. I didn't see myself drinking that much beer over the next two months, but as you said, it's not a bad way to be.

I was hoping to dip my toes in this time and then take home the big prize at year end, when I have time and inclination to drink a great deal.

Having said that, if there are any darker beers, then I have the advantage of having a proper winter to enjoy them.

I thought the keno game numbers reset to start at game number 1 at midnight each night? I don't know much about keno to be honest but my source is SWMBO whom has worked in keno pubs previously.

I'm not sure though and could be completely wrong, Prince or QLDKev will make the ruling.

EDIT: Wait I see what you've done and I think you may be right after-all... Judges we need a ruling.

Hard cardboard tube eith caps and wrap bottle in bubble wrap to go inside. Think there are wine bottle mailers too

the PO sell wine bottle cardboard boxes that work really well but they aint the cheapest.

Small box, well padded would work just as well. (IMO)

I used the PO boxes last time I needed to send them out, next time will be the padded boxes

I've always managed to fit 3x 740ml PET bottles into a $13.50 3kg postage bag in the past, no problems. With a bit of bubble wrap for added safety.

My post office accepts it just fine, or has for the last 2 lottos.

I've got very few PET bottles, unless someone wants 1.5L of an APA that's a little old. I'm keeping the 740ml ones I do own for AABC, should I qualify.

So glass it'll be.

You're first place Goomba, I'm fairly sure that you don't have to send any beer, unless you really wanted too. I think your pledged brews just get subtracted from your winnings (kinda of like sending your beer to yourself as the winner).

Otherwise is you are posting glass bottles I think you'll need to pay for an Aus. Post wine box...

Thanks for the link, meno.

I thought the winner still needed to send his brew to whoever got 2nd or third (I entered 2 times), depending on how numbers worked out.

I've been checking back very regularly trying not to get my hopes up until its official!

Hi guys, thanks for being patient. Just jumping on now to see if I can give the results a rubber stamp. Shouldn't be too long now!

Latest posts

Back