Christmas Homebrew Lottery 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 x 375ml stubbies of caramalt extract hopped with fuggles & cascade just packed a minute ago, ready for shipping in tomorrow's post.

Enjoy ! :D And I await your feedback !

Congrats blue,
Basic Coopers lager posted (first brew), apologies for not having anything more exotic, still traveling along the learning curve. It's not bad though, I think, but then again I've been told I don't have any taste.
Don't forget to wish your postie a Merry Christmas, you probably won't get any well wishes back from him though, maybe an evil stare instead.

Nathan

I win the prize for most awesome packaging :p

Inside is a bottle of Saison that had Brett added to secondary. Hopefully you like funky beers and its something a little different to the other 75 odd beer.

package.jpg

Inside is a bottle of Saison that had Brett added to secondary. Hopefully you like funky beers and its something a little different to the other 75 odd beer.

I find it hard to have a beer I don't like, your funky beer will definitely be appreciated.

Note to self (and maybe others): Throw in a copy of the beersmith brewsheet, so in the odd event that Blue actually likes my beer he knows how I made it and what went in....

I wonder how many packages are going to be opened due to being classed as suspicious?? Think about it, 70+ packages all having a container full of liquid going to the same address.

Note to self (and maybe others): Throw in a copy of the beersmith brewsheet, so in the odd event that Blue actually likes my beer he knows how I made it and what went in....

I like this idea and I would be thankful to anyone that does it, but it is by no means necessary.

Good idea but too late she cried, my bottle went into the post this evening after hunting around for a 90mm postpak cylinder for most of the day. I hope it arrives OK. The recipe is in the DB under Whitey's Blondie so all is not lost.

cheers

grant

View attachment 23274

No ******* way Jye... no offense. BUT Blue can verify that mine was particularly well packed - as in tank proof. Got in an arguement in the P.O. because it didn't fit in the biggest padded bag and ripped it and had to be inserted into an extra tough bag - it is the size of a small horse.

No ******* way Jye... no offense. BUT Blue can verify that mine was particularly well packed - as in tank proof. Got in an arguement in the P.O. because it didn't fit in the biggest padded bag and ripped it and had to be inserted into an extra tough bag - it is the size of a small horse.

LOL, let's hope the size comparison is not suggestive of the taste. You're right, Jye stands no chance in the packaging competition. Mine were wrapped in freezer bags in the event of breakage, rolled in bubblewrap, taped, put into a shoebox surrounded by foam packing balls, the box was then wrapped in heavy duty brown paper and masking-taped. Let's hope Blue doesn't receive any casualties, but I would be surprised if all 70+ get there unscathed.

kaboom.jpg

Jase, is that the shoe box??

That's either a huge shoe box, or a tiny stool....

he might spew when he gets that to the post office , will probably cost a mint to send it

Well, my stuff from the LHBS comes in at under $9 for up to 20kg....

Hopefully it won't be much more to send it to Vic.

It's actually a small shoe box, which contained a pair of slides. (Ok, a size 12 pair, but still...)

And you just leave my small stools out of it :lol:

APA on it's way today blue256! We had this one at a xmas party over the weekend, it got some great feedback. Enjoy :)

There you go Blue

Picture.jpg

APA :chug: :chug:

The invoice slip on the side is details of whats inside as I forgot to put that in before closing up :wacko:

I stuck an avery label to the outside of my bottle with the brew schedule detailed.

APA on it's way today blue256! We had this one at a xmas party over the weekend, it got some great feedback. Enjoy :)

Also, as mine (and quite a few others I guess) is bottle conditioned, might need to sit in the fridge for a few days to clear out a bit....

Blue a bottle of Golden Ale is on its way posted today
I reckon you should have it by tomorrow or the next day

Have a great chrissy
kleiny

Back