Brewmate Software With Added Biab Support!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OG was 1050. Yeah will try that thanks. I was just playing around with it already had the recipe in the spreadsheet. But should be helpful on my next biab brew

sweet

randyrob_3.JPG

Hey BribieG,

Thanks for double checking that for me, Have you also seen i've added ABV to recipe printouts/exports as well!

Cheers Rob.

Sure is, but alas no step mashing so I can't use it live on brewday. If your a single batch sparger it's the best there is.

Screwy

This is what I came looking for answers to. Couldnt find it in the software. So no step mashing plans? Its the only thing stopping me using it.

I'd use it if it had step mashing as well.

Hey Guys,

I've picked up a new developer (a fellow AHB'er!) and he's got the skills and is very motivated and has been busily plugging away at the changes needed for BrewMate to support
Multi-Step Mashing so all i can say is Stay Tuned, you Hardcore AG'ers will be looked after.

Rob.

you're a legend!

any chance of the no chill scenario?

Hey Guys,

I've picked up a new developer (a fellow AHB'er!) and he's got the skills and is very motivated and has been busily plugging away at the changes needed for BrewMate to support
Multi-Step Mashing so all i can say is Stay Tuned, you Hardcore AG'ers will be looked after.

Rob.

Yesssssssssss!
sHa_clap3.gif
antytk5.gif

Just downloaded this now, awesome tool! Thanks :beerbang:

<does a little dance> :icon_chickcheers: :icon_cheers:

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

Rob, here's a curly one.
A fair few brewers of lower alcohol beers such as lawnmowers and UK Milds mash at a higher temperature.
Is your mash temp. button at the bottom of the screen attached to any code at the moment? For example setting it to 64 or 70 doesn't make any difference in either the FG field or the ABV - whereas in the real world it would have a significant effect.
Is this a work in progress?

Cheers

How is the IBU calculated? Tinseth, Rager, Garatz? Is the equation varied on high and low SG?

I see the IBUs of this software coming out quite a bit lower than others.

How is the IBU calculated? Tinseth, Rager, Garatz? Is the equation varied on high and low SG?

It defaults to an average between Tinseth and Rager - but you can change it to one of these two in the settings

Not sure about high and low SG's

Rob, here's a curly one.
A fair few brewers of lower alcohol beers such as lawnmowers and UK Milds mash at a higher temperature.
Is your mash temp. button at the bottom of the screen attached to any code at the moment? For example setting it to 64 or 70 doesn't make any difference in either the FG field or the ABV - whereas in the real world it would have a significant effect.
Is this a work in progress?

Cheers

Hey BribieG,

Yes your correct the Mash Temp/Time is only used at the moment for the BrewDay Mode and Mash Timer.

I'd be more than happy to add in some code for the program to do what you have suggested (much like it will adjust the FG/ABV with different fermentability of ingredients.

Has anyone got any literature/formulas/articles/books/information on this subject?

Hey Nick JD,

unrealeous is bang on the money. Tinseth, Rager or an Average of Both. I'm not sure anyone uses Garatz.

It will also give you AAU's and %age of total contribution if you wave over the IBU Fields.

I'd have to double check the code but there was a heap of discussion in the early days of the development of BrewMate,
and after trying many things in regards to SG, we agreed on taking an average of preboil and post boil values.

Cheers Rob.

Randy rob, you really are a legend. Do you have a plan to start charging for the software once you've finished it? Its pretty good, i find it much easier to use than beer smith and more visually pleasing.

Thanks mate

Randy rob, you really are a legend. Do you have a plan to start charging for the software once you've finished it? Its pretty good, i find it much easier to use than beer smith and more visually pleasing.

Thanks mate

Hey ekul,

It has never been my intention to charge for the program, I find it hard to believe I'd ever get recouped for the hundreds of
hours of coding i've sunk into the program. I have really been doing it for the greater good "BEER"
I believe recipes should be shared, but saying that I have just added a PayPal Donate button to the download section of
the site to try and cover some of the costs for the domain and hosting so the project can be sustainable.

There should be another release of BrewMate out fairly shortly and I was going thru the giant list of suggestions
and came across one from BribieG asking for a "Date Brewed" field. I have been working on that but I'm interested
in what fields people would like to see on the Recipe?

Calendar.JPG

Cheers Rob.

That calendar tool looks awesome, just what I need as I often pitch a few days after I brew (nochill) and sometimes slip a day or two. That, plus the ability to open a recipe from the .txt file from within Brewmate itself rather than having to go through the "back door" in Windows to chase up the file would be awesome. Very useful for emailing or PMing a recipe or posting on a forum.

All the fields look good but a thought was for a check box where the user can select the options they want to use. Will also donate when I get the chance.

There should be another release of BrewMate out fairly shortly and I was going thru the giant list of suggestions
and came across one from BribieG asking for a "Date Brewed" field. I have been working on that but I'm interested
in what fields people would like to see on the Recipe?

Cheers Rob.
Calendar feature looks handy. Great to see a good program getting better and better!

What about putting the recipes into a recipeDB on your site.

Then you could build a browse interface into the Brewmate software, it you pick a recipe you like then press 'download' and it saves it to your local machine. Saves importing files manually.

QldKev

Latest posts

Back