Brewmate Software With Added Biab Support!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randyrob

Halfluck Brewing
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just a quick update, we have now added BIAB Support to BrewMate, so if you are that way inclined check it out and let us know what you think.

BrewMate_BIAB_1.jpg

Recipe Designer screen with the well known and loved DrSmurto's Golden Ale

BrewMate_BIAB_2.jpg

BIAB BrewDay Mode - Which takes a recipe and automatically calculates Water Required, Strike Temp, Wort required pre-boil etc...

BrewMate_BIAB_3.jpg

To Enable BIAB BrewDay Mode go to Settings / Default Settings / Recipe Type and select "BIAB"

BrewMate is BeerXML Compatible so you can exchange recipes with Brewers that use other software, Share it on the web and forums with ease.

BrewMate is Free and more details and a download link are on out website here ==> http://www.brewmate.net

Cheers Rob.

Awesome. Love your work!! :beerbang: :beer:

Hi,

This software looks great, but every time I attempt to download it from this site my antivirus program (Norton) picks it up as a virus and reboots my computer.

Cheers,
Tony

Hey Guys,

Just a quick update, we have now added BIAB Support to BrewMate, so if you are that way inclined check it out and let us know what you think.

View attachment 43839

View attachment 43840

BIAB BrewDay Mode - Which takes a recipe and automatically calculates Water Required, Strike Temp, Wort required pre-boil etc...

View attachment 43841

To Enable BIAB BrewDay Mode go to Settings / Default Settings / Recipe Type and select "BIAB"

BrewMate is BeerXML Compatible so you can exchange recipes with Brewers that use other software, Share it on the web and forums with ease.

BrewMate is Free and more details and a download link are on out website here ==> http://www.brewmate.net

Cheers Rob.

Hey Guys,

View attachment 43839

View attachment 43840

View attachment 43841

Cheers Rob.

Excellent software, can't wait to give it a try

Hi,

This software looks great, but every time I attempt to download it from this site my antivirus program (Norton) picks it up as a virus and reboots my computer.

Cheers,
Tony

Hey Tony,

That is extremely odd, I can assure you that the BrewMate download does not have any viruses in it. I have even just double checked and ran it thru VirusTotal which runs multiple antivirus engines and it came up clean. Perhaps make sure your Norton is completely up to date and try again. pls let me kmow how you go.

Rob.

yep, downloaded cleanly and safely this afternoon and spent some time playing around with it.

Awesome work RR, also sent a PM to ya with some feedback.

Nath

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your response.

I have just downloaded it successfully, buy first saving the .exe file and then executing it from my HDD. Previously I was attempting to run it online which brought up a "SONAR" virus message.

Anyway, many thanks for the product - it looks outstanding!

Cheers,

Tony

Hey Tony,

That is extremely odd, I can assure you that the BrewMate download does not have any viruses in it. I have even just double checked and ran it thru VirusTotal which runs multiple antivirus engines and it came up clean. Perhaps make sure your Norton is completely up to date and try again. pls let me kmow how you go.

Rob.

Hey Tony,

Thanks for the quick reply - glad you got there in the end.
Thanks for trying the software.

Cheers Rob.

P.S. A couple of my Favourite features of Brewmate; Forum Friendly Text Export / Being able to enter in recipes by Grain Percentage & Hops by Grams per Litre e.g. ==>

Simcoe Summer Ale (Blonde Ale)

Original Gravity (OG): 1.045 (P): 11.2
Colour (SRM): 5.3 (EBC): 10.4
Bitterness (IBU): 25.1 (Average)

87.5% Ale Malt
10% JWM Wheat Malt
2.5% Weyermann Carahell

0.4 g/L Magnum (13.1% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil)
0.9 g/L Simcoe (12.2% Alpha) @ 10 Minutes (Boil)
0.9 g/L Simcoe (12.2% Alpha) @ 0 Minutes (Aroma)

Single step Infusion at 66C for 60 Minutes. Boil for 75 Minutes

Fermented at 20C with Safale US-05

Recipe Generated with BrewMate

Brilliant work randyrob will definetly check it out. Will test it out my brew this weekend.

C'mon Rob, Step Mashing next please. I really want to use your software live "because it's really good and easy to use". But cant due to no step mashing.

Cheers,

Screwy

Well done! I've switched from Beertools couple of months ago and never looked back :chug:

Keep up the good work, man!

Hey Guys,

Just a quick follow up, thought i'd better put my money where my mouth is and Brew a batch of beer using BIAB BrewDay Mode and see how close i got to calculated figures, my results were BLOODY CLOSE! I'm not actually a BIAB brewer so this was a really interesting experience for me to compare to 90+ batches on a Traditional AG setup.

DSC03356.JPG

Nipped down the LHBS and picked up a "Brew in a Bag" $9.95 Bargain! - Double Crushed the grain.

DSC03358.JPG

2400w Electric Brew Kettle with Temperature sensor on the right, 30L Urn on the left doubling as a CIP for my Chilling Gear.

DSC03359.JPG

Hang up my Mash Paddle in exchange for an official BIAB Mash Stirrer.

DSC03361.JPG

Mash-out - had to lift the bag slightly so as not to melt the Bag.

DSC03362.JPG

Draining last few mls.

DSC03363.JPG

Done and Dusted, super quick brewday, bit confusing not having to pump wort all over the place constantly and clean a heap of extra vessels and equipment, found it a bit hard to get my head around the "cloudy wort' in the kettle but the true results will be in the taste test in a month :eek:

Cheers Rob.

Simcoe Summer Ale
Blonde Ale

Recipe Specs
----------------
Batch Size (L): 28.0
Total Grain (kg): 6.092
Total Hops (g): 62.00
Original Gravity (OG): 1.045 (P): 11.2
Colour (SRM): 5.3 (EBC): 10.4
Bitterness (IBU): 27.8 (Average)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 65
Boil Time (Minutes): 90

Grain Bill
----------------
5.331 kg Ale Malt (87.51%)
0.609 kg JWM Wheat Malt (10%)
0.152 kg Weyermann Carahell (2.5%)

Hop Bill
----------------
12.0 g Magnum Pellet (13.1% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil) (0.4 g/L)
25.0 g Simcoe Pellet (12.2% Alpha) @ 15 Minutes (Boil) (0.9 g/L)
25.0 g Simcoe Pellet (12.2% Alpha) @ 0 Minutes (Aroma) (0.9 g/L)

Misc Bill
----------------
15.0 g PH 5.2 @ 60 Minutes (Mash)
10.0 g Whirlfloc Tablet @ 15 Minutes (Boil)
10.0 g Yeast Nutrient @ 15 Minutes (Boil)

Single step Infusion at 66C for 60 Minutes.
Fermented at 20C with Safale US-05

Mash
----------------
Total Grain (kg): 6.092
Grain Temp (C): 25.0
Strike Water (L): 36.80
Grain Absorbtion (L/Kg): 0.60
Water / Grain Ratio (L/Kg): 6.04
Desired Mash Temp (C): 66.0
Strike Water Temp (C): 68.7
Total Mash Volume (L): 42.89

Boil
----------------
Wort Volume before Boil (L): 33.1
SG before Boil: 1.041 (P): 10.2
Boil Length (Minutes): 90.0
% Evaporation per Hour (5-15%): 8.0
Wort Volume after Boil (L): 29.2
SG after Boil: 1.045 (P): 11.2
Losses to Trub and Chiller: 0.0
Final Volume (L): 29.2
After Cooling (4% loss): 28.0

Notes
----------------
5/2/2011 10:30:49 AM : Start Brew Day

5/2/2011 10:35:41 AM : Added 5g Calcium Sulfate / 1TBL pH5.2 into 37L Strike Water

5/2/2011 10:40:02 AM : Double Crushed Grain

2/5/2011 11:10:00 AM : Strike Temp 68.7*c Dough In

2/5/2011 11:15:00 AM : Mash Temp 67*c

2/5/2011 11:32:38 AM : 1/2 Way thru mash before stir = 65.5*c / After stir = 64.7*c

2/5/2011 11:47:43 AM : 64.7*c

2/5/2011 12:03:41 PM : 64.3*c

2/5/2011 12:04:02 PM : Stir and Add heat for Mash Out

2/5/2011 12:19:06 PM : Hit 75*c / Stir and Lift Mash Bag

2/5/2011 12:25:24 PM : 32L Preboil @ 9.5 Brix (1.039)

2/5/2011 12:56:38 PM : Kettle reaches rolling boil / skim break

2/5/2011 1:27:36 PM : add Bittering Hop

2/5/2011 2:10:36 PM : add Flavour Hops

2/5/2011 2:25:56 PM : Flameout / add Aroma Hops

2/5/2011 2:25:58 PM : End Boil 29.5L @ 11 Brix (1.045)

2/5/2011 2:52:04 PM : Cleanup Done, Fermentation Fridge set to 20*c

Hey GB,

Your not wrong! it was a spur of the moment brew and first thing i did was log into your site to order them
but they were out of stock :) so looks like your Mum has a bit of a back log of BIABers to please!

Rob.

Thanks for the software Rob, just looking/ getting set up for BIAB may save me doing a spreadsheet.

cheers

Ian

hey Rob, what settings would you change to get the numbers closer?

cheers mate

Jim

Back