Brewmate Software With Added Biab Support!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi! - I just tried downloading the software and I'm getting the following message;

Oops! This link appears broken.
DNS error occurred. Server cannot be found.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Linda

^^^

His site is down on my end as well. Have PM'd randyrob to advise.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the heads up, I've logged a support incident with our Hosting Company.
It appears to be back up on my end, is it working for everyone else?

Cheers Rob.

I just d/l now. It worked fine, although I may not go through installing Win7 on my next Mac so that would be a bummer.

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

Sertvetrs still down for me...

I will try again later though, looks the goods :)

I've been using brewmate for a while now and just want to say its a great software. thanks randyrob

I've been getting same problem for a week or so now, seems to be working for some but not for others. I've used Chrome, Firefox and Opera. Remote server not found.

One idea I had as a handy addition would be a converter from Brix to SG, The refractometer i have only measures brix, so it would save me from crunching it!

One idea I had as a handy addition would be a converter from Brix to SG, The refractometer i have only measures brix, so it would save me from crunching it!

Hey Clueless

Is this what you are looking for?

Tools > Refractometer Calc

refrac.jpg

Cheers Rob.

Hey Rob how hard would it be, if even possible, to add cube hopping when using no-chill to the calculator for IBU's?

Cheers Brad

G'Day Rob,

I have an issue with the way the fermentable mass is being calculated if I enter my fermentables by percentage (as I always do).

When I enter sugars or LDME or honey (items that aren't mashed), and then adjust the efficiency, the mass of sugar (etc) required is changed.

According to "Designing Great Beers" by Daniels, these extra fermentables should always be considered to be 100% efficient. Hence changing the efficiency of the mash should not change the mass of extra fermentable required.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there some factor of the efficiency that I am not considering?

-Shane.

Edit: grammar.

G'Day Rob,

I have an issue with the way the fermentable mass is being calculated if I enter my fermentables by percentage (as I always do).

When I enter sugars or LDME or honey (items that aren't mashed), and then adjust the efficiency, the mass of sugar (etc) required is changed.

According to "Designing Great Beers" by Daniels, these extra fermentables should always be considered to be 100% efficient. Hence changing the efficiency of the mash should not change the mass of extra fermentable required.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there some factor of the efficiency that I am not considering?

-Shane.

Edit: grammar.

I've just put only lme in the field and the efficiency doesnt change a thing in terms of og so it seems fine to me.

I noticed this awhile ago. I thought it was weird that i would need more sugar if i calculated my efficiency a little lower, you'd think it would stay the same no matter what.

This brewmate software really is the bomb. I find it way easier than beersmith to use, and it has a better feel about it too. When i first started brewing i got brewmate to practice on with the intention of 'upgrading' to beersmith when i knew what i was doing. I tried beersmith a few months ago and i quickly went back to brewmate.

Thanks Rob!

This brewmate software really is the bomb. I find it way easier than beersmith to use, and it has a better feel about it too.

Sure is, but alas no step mashing so I can't use it live on brewday. If your a single batch sparger it's the best there is.

Screwy

I've just put only lme in the field and the efficiency doesnt change a thing in terms of og so it seems fine to me.

True, 100% LDME works as it should.

But if you adjust this recipe to 5% Crystal 30 - 95% LDME and then change the efficiency the mass required of LDME changes. And from my understanding that is a bug.

True, 100% LDME works as it should.

But if you adjust this recipe to 5% Crystal 30 - 95% LDME and then change the efficiency the mass required of LDME changes. And from my understanding that is a bug.
But wouldn't that be decreasing the efficiency = less extract from the crystal,which means you need more fermentables to maintain you target gravity... So to ccompensate you can increase the grain, increase the DME, or increase both... So which is correct? Sounds like you want it to only increase the grain, but it increasing both? Not sure it's a bug, just a difference in opinion ;)

Mind you I'm imagining the behaviour, I'm not actually trying it now...

Back