Brewmate Software With Added Biab Support!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this an Excel spreadsheet? If so a zip download might make it multi-platform. I use Linux, and can use spreadsheets, but not exe files, though I might give it a shot in WINE and see what happens. It does look great from the pics.

Runs fine in Linux - it's a spreadsheet and OOo and gnumeric render it adequately. I'm running it on my ubuntu machine and the 5 1/2 year old machine running a cobbled together bitzer using E17, a little bit of gnome to fill out the apps, and the basic kernel. Both work fine.

Goomba

Doh. If only it weren't packaged as an exe file. Can I get a copy of the xml files/s?

THANK YOU for adding the nochill adjustment. You have just made my life so much easier. been playing around with the feature, so awesome!

So glad i clicked on this thread otherwise i would have missed it!

Thanks randyrob, you're a legend!

Just a quickie, what time frame is the no chill calculation worked out on? Or is it another type of formula...

What is the no chill adjustment used? Virtually shifting the additions +15 for IBU calcs?

Yes that is Precisely what it does, from my research that seems like the thing people do anyway.

I guess the next progression would be to add an Option for "Cube Hopping", Many people around here do that?

As with anything we can tweak it as necessary - just thought it would be good to get something out there.

Cheers Rob.

Hello all, Can't find water chemistry feature on version 1.22. Is it only a beta currently?

Cheers

Hello David,

Still a few tweaks and testing to be done with the Water Chemistry Cals before we release it.

Stay Tuned

Rob.

Hi Rob

Have been having a play with the software and noticed that the strike water temp seems low compared to pro-mash

In pro-mash I had to adjust the mash tun thermal mass amount to "0.2" to accommodate my system

Any chance of such a variable added to the settings page?

Also it'd be great if there was an option to print the recipe and brew day numbers on the same page

Top work

Cheers

Hi

I thought I would put a post up here as well as sending an email on the brewmate site.

Im brewing BIAB but have an issue with how strike water is calculated. The brewmate software appears to use evaporation percentage as a percentage of strike water as opposed to kettle size. This is obviously not going to work correctly as boil off does not change based on volume of water, its dependent on energy input and surface area (vessel size) which wont change if you do a double batch or whatever.

Anyone got any solutions to this?

Cheers

Fil

is there anyway to download heaps of recipies in one hit or just go 1 at a time?

cheers: HBK

Hi,

Is there any plans to get this to run on an iPad.

Would be willing to help develop it, if you do not already have plans to do so

PM me on [email protected]

Love it, just do not have a PC

Yettiman said:
Hi,

Is there any plans to get this to run on an iPad.

Would be willing to help develop it, if you do not already have plans to do so

PM me on [email protected]

Love it, just do not have a PC
I hope this happens soon. I run all apple these days and don't want to download parallel programs just to get this software up and running again. When I sold the old laptop I Emailed myself the recipe files incase they ever do decide to get it to run on MAC. I hope your offer is accepted Tony
Seems like a lot more people would be able to enjoy this if it became supported.

****. I thought there was finally a Brewmate update. But this is from 2011. -_-

Apple is evil and seeks to enslave users inside their walled garden.

Now, as a BIABer the post from 11/6/2012 is so true.
The boiloff depends on the applied energy and the surface area of the vessel. When I ran 2 urns (Crown and Birko) which had different diameters I found around a litre difference in the required strike water for most batches and I'd bet that the required strike water would also differ between a Crown exposed and a Crown concealed element.

I use Brewmate and it works brilliantly as long as I stick to around 33L initial water and bugger what the program tells me. However it took me a few brews to arrive at that figure and involved putting marks on the sight tube until eventually I arrived at "the" benchmark for a 5k grain bill with a 60 min boil.

Edit: so nowadays if I am looking for a 1050 wort I can hit it bang on, but I agree that first time or new users might be a bit off for the first few brews.

I can't really see a work around for the problem without complicating Brewmate by introducing "brewing profiles" such as found in BeerSmith where you enter all your equipment. Those complications are I feel the reason than many people don't stick with BeerSmith and go to easier programs.

Is it possible to have an SG-driven refractometer correction tool?

Why does it need to have Brix?

Latest posts

Back