Punkin's Allgrain Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May as well put the bar in as well. i have posted in the kegging setup thread, so apologies to those who follow it and have seen the pics.

I had two goes at a kegerator to upgrade my 4 keg fridge.
The first one used a 300l freezer i already had running on a fridgemate i already had. The freezer lasted a couple of weeks on test just fine and then as soon as i set it all up with collar manifolds etc it shit itself :rolleyes:

So i bought a new ebay 300l freezer.
it came with a fridgemate controller built in, but it would start for 1 minute, then turn off for 15 then start again. I mapped it with a usb recorder and then plugged it into the fridgemate with temp probe in a copper tube immesred in a drink bottle full of water. This runs for 12 minutes and then is off for 6 or 7 hours...

Fridgey was much happier with the map on this.

kegfridge11.jpg

kegfridge12.jpg

kegfridge13.jpg

kegfridge14.jpg

kegtaps2.jpg

I have 4 taps inside and 1 goes straight through the wall behind the fridge to my bar outside in the entertaining area...

Only thing that worries me is that i've finally got the perfect setup and the grogs about to kill me :drinks:

Speak for yourself. Most ordinary people I know have plenty of handyman,plumbing and metal working skills. I don't know what you do for a living phoneyhuh, I am a tradesman/farmer, and plenty of people and other brewers I know have the skills to build their own set up. Maybe you work in IT or something similiar. If you do, I suppose you wouldnt meet many people with the above skills.

Most IT people I know tend to be fairly handy with other things. I don't get where that perception comes from to be honest.

I'm an auditor, and son of a plasterer. I can sheet walls and fit suspended ceilings (working on a building site from age 11-14), but I tend to be useless with anything else, except computers.

And I can guarantee that I'm not the only one. I probably have the ability mentally, but I'm pretty unco (I've a busted knee ATM as tribute to this fact).

Back on topic - I love that keezer. That's a serious drinker (or supplier of alcohol)'s set up.

Takes me about 6-9 weeks to roll a keg, so way overkill for me.

Goomba

I'm an auditor, and son of a plasterer. I can sheet walls and fit suspended ceilings (working on a building site from age 11-14), but I tend to be useless with anything else, except computers.

And I can guarantee that I'm not the only one. I probably have the ability mentally, but I'm pretty unco (I've a busted knee ATM as tribute to this fact).

Back on topic - I love that keezer. That's a serious drinker (or supplier of alcohol)'s set up.

Takes me about 6-9 weeks to roll a keg, so way overkill for me.

Goomba

Sorry, but can you explain what the **** that means? The keezer is in my lounge room, who do you think i am 'supplying with alcohol'.

**** me there's some gooses on this forum :rolleyes:

If i do 44l batches i need to brew every w'end. And it only takes a couple of mates to drop round for a beer on a sat and a few arvo visits after work and i'm going backwards.

Sorry, but can you explain what the **** that means? The keezer is in my lounge room, who do you think i am 'supplying with alcohol'.

**** me there's some gooses on this forum :rolleyes:

Dude, I think this is what he was referring to. You already said that you supplied your mates with alcohol. We all do. He didn't insinuate that you were driving your mobile kegging system past the primary school or anything. Chill out, it's a good setup, but there's always going to be some banter going on.

As in - you mentioned your mates can come over and seriously deplete your supply.

No need to get nasty, punkin. :wacko:

I know that, in my case, if I let people, they'll generally drink more of my home brew than I will, and I spend more time making it for other people than for myself.

Goomba

I said that if my mates come over and have half a dozen beers it will make the difference tween holding steady and going backwards in my keg supply.

I never made out that i was an 'alcohol supplier' and i resent the implications that the phrase brings.

I don't think i was the first to 'get nasty'.

... and i resent the implications that the phrase brings...

You were the only one reading that phrase that way, believe me. Paranoid much? Goomba did say 'I love that keezer'... why not just accept the compliment in the spirit that it was meant?

Anyway, without wanting to say something that is taken the wrong way... :rolleyes:

I love those tap handles - where did you get them? And the hair lackies around the taps I assume signify something?

They signify which beer line is connected to which tap of course. A wind of electrical tape in a colour in front of the disconnect and line up the colour of the hair thingy.

And i did accept the compliment, i just don't accept the other implications. Not a case of paranoia.

He wasn't implying what you think he was, just miss communication.

My bar setup is very similar to that yet my kegs last about as long as Raja's FYI.

He wasn't implying what you think he was, just miss communication.

My bar setup is very similar to that yet my kegs last about as long as Raja's FYI.

The implication is:

1. I brew cheap beer.
2. People know about it, and try to get as much as they can from me (because free is good for them).
3. Giving it away ("supplying") to so many people requires some serious equipment and/or time (as OP mentioned); and
4. Costs too much to do, thus meaning #1 no longer valid, therefore I've had to start restricting giving it away ("supplying") to others.

Two people have picked it up now - so obviously it isn't just me (which is quite unusual, especially if you ask SWMBO).

Cool system, brew on, if you give it away ("supply") to your mates, you need something like that.

Goomba

PS. Just to punctuate this, here's the wiktionary definition:

Verb
supplying

1. Present participle of supply.
Supply:

(transitive) To provide (something), to make (something) available for use.

Wow punkin, nice brewery.
When I finally build my shed (next year I hope) I may well go 3v, but I doubt I'll go as big as you. Double batches would be cool. Quads - hmm, I like variety... but then, when I have a shed, I can have manylots kegs, so could store some, drink others, mix and match....
Your f/kin eski / mash tun is almost as big as my keezer!
Noice.

ps. I think you are reading too much in to what LRG posted.
Cheers.

I use my mates as guinea pigs. The basic rule now is that you dont bring beers to my place, and I don't bring beer to yours, that way I drink free when im out and about. I enjoy being able to have friends over and give them free beer all afternoon.

Because I have such a good beer shed (lounges, wide screen tele, music etc) we tend to spend a lot of time at my place. One round with 3 people is just over a litre, it doesn't take long to knock an entire keg off when there are a few extras around

I BIAB and always do double batches of my main house beers just to keep production up. I've now over engineered a bag and I have a 114L pot so I can potentially do triples if I need to (except I need a bigger fermenting fridge)

I use my mates as guinea pigs. The basic rule now is that you dont bring beers to my place, and I don't bring beer to yours, that way I drink free when im out and about. I enjoy being able to have friends over and give them free beer all afternoon.

Because I have such a good beer shed (lounges, wide screen tele, music etc) we tend to spend a lot of time at my place. One round with 3 people is just over a litre, it doesn't take long to knock an entire keg off when there are a few extras around

I BIAB and always do double batches of my main house beers just to keep production up. I've now over engineered a bag and I have a 114L pot so I can potentially do triples if I need to (except I need a bigger fermenting fridge)

If you're doing 114L BIAB batches I would love to see that on a chain block :D

i sometimes wish more of my mates would come over and drink my beer, the slack pricks :)

most (maybe me to) have gone a bit soft since having kids... or they live to far away :(

Speak for yourself. Most ordinary people I know have plenty of handyman,plumbing and metal working skills. I don't know what you do for a living phoneyhuh, I am a tradesman/farmer, and plenty of people and other brewers I know have the skills to build their own set up. Maybe you work in IT or something similiar. If you do, I suppose you wouldnt meet many people with the above skills.

Bingo! I'm an IT worker :) I suppose it's all about the people you mix with, I only know maybe one or two tradesmen let alone any farmers but I do know plenty of guys who wouldn't even own a cordless drill or a shifter.

I'm also happy to say that I supply them with alcohol when they come over to my house.. :lol:

If you're doing 114L BIAB batches I would love to see that on a chain block :D

Yeah I will be upgrading it before I go that big or there could be a serious f up....

i sometimes wish more of my mates would come over and drink my beer, the slack pricks :)

most (maybe me to) have gone a bit soft since having kids... or they live to far away :(

Maheel, im finding the same thing, my friends are popping out kiddies like its going out of fashion. My last brew session was with my mate and his 2 year old kid.. not quite relaxing as the old days :unsure:

NIce brewery Punkin! I like your kettle!

Yeah I will be upgrading it before I go that big or there could be a serious f up....

Just use two bags. Then its the same lifting as a double, except you get twice as much beer :)

Latest posts

Back