Brewmate Software With Added Biab Support!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the fields look good but a thought was for a check box where the user can select the options they want to use. Will also donate when I get the chance.

Yes Great Idea, I'll have a go at adding a tick box for each option and greying it out if you don't use it.

Calendar2.JPG

So when you click on Calendar, it will select the current day as your Brew Day (which you can change)
it will auto populate the rest of the dates (i.e. reminds you when to do that next step)
if you leave it a few more days you can just adjust it and it will adjust the rest.

Works quite well.

Cheers Rob.

I've picked up a new developer (a fellow AHB'er!) and he's got the skills and is very motivated and has been busily plugging away at the changes needed for BrewMate to support Multi-Step Mashing so all i can say is Stay Tuned, you Hardcore AG'ers will be looked after.
I just read this and all I can say is: awesome. I just did my first step mash the other day and had to install the Promash demo to get the infusion calculations. It's so ugly and unintuitive compared to Brewmate !

Great piece of software. :icon_cheers:

Hey Guys,

Well that took a lot longer than first expected!

We've just uploaded the BrewMate version (V1.20) for you to have a look at

http://www.brewmate.net/downloads

BrewMate v1.20 - 14/5/11

Enhancements

* Added Calendar to main recipe screen for Tracking / Logging /Estimating Beer Progress
* Added ABV to text exports
* Added Up / Down Minutes on Timers

BM_Calendar.JPG

also Many Bug Fixes.

As with any release if you find any problems please let us know

Cheers Rob.

Rob - THANK YOU. Beats the pants of beersmith for useability. It has been incredibly helpful as a new AG'er.

I have found after a couple of recipes now that the start volumes are slightly out for my BIAB, so currently the brewday sheet seems to be 2-3 litres below what is required (crown urn 40L). For the grain bill at 75%, I am putting in 33 litres for strike rather than 29.65 and it comes out at the right OG. No biggie though.

I am sure most people on this site would buy it with Paypal for $5 a throw without a second thought to keep it going - (if you can code it for MAC you may strike some real cash as the equivalent iphone apps suck).

Cheers

J
:D :D :D

* Added Up / Down Minutes on Timers

Is this to do with the nochill IBU calculations? I always forget whether i save my recipes as i do them (ie adding 20min addition at 20min), or with the adjusted IBU calculations (200min addition actually 5min). A saved minute adjuster number would be awesome!

Fantastic piece of kit, my free trial of beersmith ran out, and frankly wondered what the fuss was about, heaps of buttons but couldn't figure out how to drive it for the life of me.
brew mate will be the software of choice from now on.
Was going to be only one request but reached 3....

another one for the no-chill modification though please. I currently add 10mins to any additions after 30 mins to do the IBU calcs ( no idea if this is 'correct'), print the recipe off, and then scribble the actual times all over it.

Also, i daren't set the pc up in the brew shed, SWMBO would lose the plot over that.
how would it be to print a brew day 'crib sheet', tick boxes and times for each addition, reminders for jotting down gravity readings and so on.

Ianh's great spreadsheets have a function to record the diameter of each vessel, so when the brew day crib sheet says 25litres of strike water, it also says 150mm deep.

Great work though, many many thanks

With your recent comparisons of Beersmith and Brewmate Bribie, that is very funny....

I agree with you by the way.

You sure can fit a lot of milk into a B Double.. It'd probably go off quickly though.

Any chance of a BrewMate iPad app being developed? There's really only two serious apps out there for allgrainers and I'm not totally happy with either of them!

Fantastic piece of kit, my free trial of beersmith ran out, and frankly wondered what the fuss was about, heaps of buttons but couldn't figure out how to drive it for the life of me.
brew mate will be the software of choice from now on.
Was going to be only one request but reached 3....

another one for the no-chill modification though please. I currently add 10mins to any additions after 30 mins to do the IBU calcs ( no idea if this is 'correct'), print the recipe off, and then scribble the actual times all over it.

Also, i daren't set the pc up in the brew shed, SWMBO would lose the plot over that.
how would it be to print a brew day 'crib sheet', tick boxes and times for each addition, reminders for jotting down gravity readings and so on.

Ianh's great spreadsheets have a function to record the diameter of each vessel, so when the brew day crib sheet says 25litres of strike water, it also says 150mm deep.

Great work though, many many thanks

Next Release has....

vessel_gauging.jpg

and....

water_chemistry_calcs.jpg

I really want to get the No-Chill stuff into the program as much as you guys just don't want it to be a fudge. Appreciate you keeping it at the front of my mind.

Any chance of a BrewMate iPad app being developed? There's really only two serious apps out there for allgrainers and I'm not totally happy with either of them!

Yes for sure - a Multi-platform version it is in the works! i'll flick some screenshots up when I can.

Next Release has....

View attachment 47078

and....

View attachment 47079

I really want to get the No-Chill stuff into the program as much as you guys just don't want it to be a fudge. Appreciate you keeping it at the front of my mind.

Yes for sure - a Multi-platform version it is in the works! i'll flick some screenshots up when I can.

Mmmm, iPad BrewMate... that'd be nice :)

Rob,

you really should charge something for all the effort you are putting into this program mate, i think in all fairness, most of us would be more than happy to pay for your obvious skills...

Cheers for all the effort mate,

Nath

Hey Nath,

Thanks. Much Appreciated.

The above two features are being added by a fellow AHB'er Barry. So i can't take credit for his outstanding work.

The Multi-platform Version is being worked on by 2 US Developers.

Rob.

thanks also for considering having the no chill "button" or calculations or whatever you come up with.

If this comes to fruition, your software package will be a huge leap forward for an increasingly large style of brewers!

Will be following this post for more updates,

Cheers

Hey Guys,

I've added the No-Chill Option / Bitterness Adjustment to BrewMate v1.22

You will see a tick box on the main Recipe Designer Window.

It's Available to download at the usual location ==> http://www.brewmate.net/downloads

Happy to hear what everyone things and can tweak it as necessary

Cheers Rob.

Rob,

you are a dead set legend.

my search for the most functional brewday software is now complete.....

Just a quickie, what time frame is the no chill calculation worked out on? Or is it another type of formula...

cheers for all your hard work.

I WILL BE CERTAINLY DONATING SOME CASH TO YOU VIA THE BUTTON ON YOUR WEBSITE, AND STRONGLY RECOMMEND AND SUGGEST THAT OTHERS MIGHT LIKE TO DO THE SAME....

Thanks again,

Nathan

Here's a part screen shot of a recipe clearly showing that the recipe has been done with No Chill adjustment....

Once again Rob, great stuff. How many questions about whether recipes posted on ahb are no chilled or not will this feature save, as well as the obvious benefit of being able to much more accurately work out recipes in the first place.

Cheers mate.

NO_CHILL.jpg

What is the no chill adjustment used? Virtually shifting the additions +15 for IBU calcs?

Is this an Excel spreadsheet? If so a zip download might make it multi-platform. I use Linux, and can use spreadsheets, but not exe files, though I might give it a shot in WINE and see what happens. It does look great from the pics.

Latest posts

Back