Brewmate Software With Added Biab Support!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob
When printing or exporting to text file for posting on forums or sending to people, any chance of putting in the ABV% ?
Cheers

I'd kill for a version of Brewmate that runs natively on Mac OSX. I keep having to switch from my office machine (win) to my home machine (mac) and it drives me insane.

I'd kill for a version of Brewmate that runs natively on Mac OSX. I keep having to switch from my office machine (win) to my home machine (mac) and it drives me insane.

I'd like that too, but I somehow suspect its not really feasible :(

This is what I came looking for answers to. Couldnt find it in the software. So no step mashing plans? Its the only thing stopping me using it.

I'd use it if it had step mashing as well.

I'm with you mate, be real good to get a Mac app - can anyone help in that regard?

Another one for a Mac port. If not an iPhone/iPad app. But as has been said it might not be feasible depending how it was written.

Cheers
Steve

I know it's not a perfect solution but you can run it (or others like Beersmith) on Wine or equivalent pretty easily on OSX.

Worse still is run XP in a virtual box with your choice of software, but this will hog your resources a little.

Hi Rob, coming thick and fast :rolleyes:

I've found a wee glitch, I'm just having a play with recipes for the forthcoming comps season and entered a couple - Dry Stout and Mild. Because of my naming "convention" which lists the AHBC class, when I save them, Brewmate assumes I am giving them the file extension "1" and "5" respectively, and saves them according to this "instruction". So they don't get saved as XML and I've lost them. See screenshot.

brewmate_glitch.JPG

Michael, how does it go if you try naming the file *.xml? For example; Comp 2011 Dry Stout 11.1.xml

You can just name your file and drop .XML as the last bit Bribie

Stout.11.1.xml

*edit* beaten by my slow phone typing

Yes, I just renamed them in Windows and got them back. :icon_chickcheers:
Cheers

That's great, I can tackle the other 34 now - erm, how do you make Roggenbier ? :p

Hey BribieG,

Thanks for see the screenshot but I can't seem to replicate your problem,
No mater how many dots or if i put the .xml in or not it always saves it as an xml in Brewmate for me.

Any more hints on how you managed to do it would be good!

Cheers Rob.

P.S. good luck in the comps looking forward to seeing the recipes.

Hey Guys,

If there is a member here called Drew Peakcock can you please PM me your email address you provided me is bouncing :(

Cheers Rob.

Just made up this award winner, named it as in top left text box, clicked save (bottom left button) , and ended up with the following:

randyrob_1.JPG
randyrob_2.JPG

Hey BribieG,

Ahh Gotcha!

Very well spotted, just wait one of these days i'll have to name a release after you :icon_cheers:

I've squashed that particular bug and uploaded it to the BrewMate website for you to tryout for me.

Cheers Rob.

P.s. that recipe doesn't looked very balanced mate!

Rob
When printing or exporting to text file for posting on forums or sending to people, any chance of putting in the ABV% ?
Cheers

Something like this

Code:
[b]Party Wee[/b]

American Pale Ale

[b]Recipe Specs[/b]

----------------

Batch Size (L):		   28.0

Total Grain (kg):		 7.471

Total Hops (g):		   90.00

Original Gravity (OG):	1.055  (P): 13.6

Final Gravity (FG):	   1.014  (P): 3.6

Alcohol by Volume (ABV):  5.40%  

Colour (SRM):			 6.9   (EBC): 13.6

Bitterness (IBU):		 34.1   (Average)

Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 65

Boil Time (Minutes):	  60

[b]Grain Bill[/b]

----------------

6.350 kg Maris Otter Malt (85%)

0.747 kg Munich I (10%)

0.374 kg Wheat Malt (5%)

[b]Hop Bill[/b]

----------------

30.0 g Nelson Sauvin Pellet (11.4% Alpha) @ 30 Minutes (Boil) (1.1 g/L)

30.0 g Nelson Sauvin Pellet (11.4% Alpha) @ 15 Minutes (Boil) (1.1 g/L)

30.0 g Nelson Sauvin Pellet (11.4% Alpha) @ 0 Minutes (Boil) (1.1 g/L)

[b]Misc Bill[/b]

----------------

Single step Infusion at 66C for 60 Minutes.

Fermented at 20C with US_05

Recipe Generated with [b][url=http://www.brewmate.net]BrewMate[/url][/b]

Mine has a glitch set 21lt put in 100% LDME says 2.9kg. then I put in 90% LDME and 10% dex and LDME is 3.8kg and dex is 360g well thats rough guess as I am on linux. So I dunno whats going on there the volume and gravity didnt change just a addition of dex and % changes

Rob
Cheers

OK both text exports now have Alcohol by Volume (ABV) on them, The update is available on the BrewMate Website if you want to give it a go.

Cheers Rob.

Mine has a glitch set 21lt put in 100% LDME says 2.9kg. then I put in 90% LDME and 10% dex and LDME is 3.8kg and dex is 360g well thats rough guess as I am on linux. So I dunno whats going on there the volume and gravity didnt change just a addition of dex and % changes

Hello Kelbygreen,

I'll have a look at this now, what do you have the OG Set to?

If your just dealing with Extract/Sugars you're better off setting your efficiency to 100% for now.

I'm

Back