Braumeister NEXTGEN Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a temp probe that's brand new you can have mate. Looks the same size. It's the One with weld less already part of it. Regards dave

I've got a temp probe that's brand new you can have mate. Looks the same size. It's the One with weld less already part of it. Regards dave

Thanks Dave
The photo is one if those sure electronics ones with the bulk head but it was a little to long, I need it to be less than 35mm in to the pot.
I thought I could use a 1/2 bush the some epoxy to seal

Ah cool. I see. I have some high temp silicone that would work for that. Got it at masters. But all my brew gear is packed Up ready to move. Otherwise I could let you have that. Or what's left of it.

tateg said:
Hi guys
I am looking for a food grade epoxy to seal up the thermowell in the pics below, would need to be more of a liquid I think.
Could I use jb weld? Haven't been able to find a definitive answer if it is beer safe
Cheers

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1385944587.078875.jpg
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1385944607.026776.jpg
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RTV-650F-Red-Silicon-Adhesive-FDA-Food-Grade-Safe-High-Temp-Gasket-smoker-sealer-/171054621766?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d3a66446

Bene oggi ho quasi terminato :D

Inscatolare il tutto non è stato semplice vi posto qualche foto
Come vi ho accennato ho deciso di svincolare elettronica dal blocco meccanico.

Quindi ci sono dei connettori sull' elettronica e sulla parte meccanica

Well today I have almost finished: D

Canning the whole it was not easy I'll post some pictures
As I mentioned I have decided to release the mechanical lock electronics.

Then there are the connectors on the 'electronic and mechanical parts

20131201_180035.jpg

20131201_171125.jpg

20131201_164317.jpg

20131201_121911.jpg

20131201_194931.jpg

Servirebbe un contenitore un pelo più grande circa 2 centimetri per ogni lato compreso altezza
Ma alla fine sono riuscito a farci entrare tutto :D

Certo appena qualcuno risucira a implementarci una tastiera piatta key 4x4
il costo e sopratutto ingombro avra un notevole miglioria ma gia cosi non è niente male :D

Se in questa settimana riesco a finire tutto a breve vi postero il video del test di cotta.

Would need a larger container a hair about 2 inches on each side including height
But in the end I managed to get us all: D

Of course, as soon as someone risucira to implementarci a flat keyboard key 4x4
the cost and size will have a significant improvement especially
but already so it is not bad: D

If this week I can finish everything you posterolateral short video of the test firing.

Guys,

I am very interested in starting to gather the fittings I need for one of these. I have a 50L pot with a 2400W electric element already installed that I use to BIAB. I would like to buy some stainless "skin fittings" or equivilent, some kind of stainless fitting for the pump in and out of the pot. I have seen a few on this post but have not had much luck finding any to buy? Also I would like to attach some quick disconnects to these fittings camlocks maybe? any suggestions of a good online store? ANZOR is not far from me but I havent seen anything on their website that looks like what I want? I think I want to use 10mm or 1/2inch silicone tubing.
EDIT I am probably going to start using a 12C little brown pump from craftbrewer.

Also I would like to run my system just on a stc 1000 (simple I know but I already have one and a 40amp SSR) I currently just put the temp probe over the side but would like to get a probe plumbed in. Does anyone sell a replacement probe that would suit a STC1000 similar to the ones people on here are using.

Thanks guys
JJJ

Hi guys
just wondering if anyone had any hot tips on a stand for a 50 litre pot.
kind of like edaks one, looks nice and light plus leaves lots of room for the plumbing

cheers

There are a couple of options, but it depends on how much you wish to spend and whether you have any fabrication skills. You could build from scratch, you could get another 50l pot and invert it and cut it to make it look like mine, or you could go to bunnings and buy that clip together aluminium extrusion stuff and cut to size. I did option one, I recommend option 2 as it will be cheaper.

There are a couple of options, but it depends on how much you wish to spend and whether you have any fabrication skills. You could build from scratch, you could get another 50l pot and invert it and cut it to make it look like mine, or you could go to bunnings and buy that clip together aluminium extrusion stuff and cut to size. I did option one, I recommend option 2 as it will be cheaper.

Thanks Edak
Maybe your right, cost would outweigh the benefit, when you say aluminum extrusion do you mean those shelves that they have or do they sell it on its own ?
Cheers

You could use an inverted Big W pot, cut out the majourity of the base,cut down one side and open to the width of the controler. A little streching of what is left of the base may be required. cheap effective and not in the upper realms for skill set :)

Thanks Edak
Maybe your right, cost would outweigh the benefit, when you say aluminum extrusion do you mean those shelves that they have or do they sell it on its own ?
Cheers
I am taking about that anodised square pipe stuff that joins together with plastic joiners.

I am taking about that anodised square pipe stuff that joins together with plastic joiners.

Thanks
I am just looking at it now
Should do the job nicely

Happy day feeling well blessed :D

I've managed to get some perforated stainless and some stainless mesh but there are some things I would like advice about.

The holes in the mesh are 1.5 to 2mm is this fine enough?
The perforated plate is 2.5 maybe even 3mm thick, how close to the inner diameter of the malt pipe does it need to be? When the plate is in position in the malt tube what should the gap be between the plate and the sides of the malt pipe?

The picture shows the plate and behind it some of the mesh, the key is just to give a sense of scale.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=C6BF22BD82CAE4A0!153&authkey=!AD-i8IWDdXTHTK4&v=3&ithint=photo,.jpg

Many Thanks. Aamcle

Your perforated plate is perfect, your mesh is probably OK but could be finer. The plate pretty much has to go right to the edges. Basically will any of it let grain past?

Back