Archive Beer Boutique (brisbane)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went here for a bucks party starter a couple of weekends ago. Loved the layout of the place, couches were very comfortable and the range of beers were fantastic.

Went back for lunch the next weekend with the family for lunch. Minister of war and finance loved the place, we had the burgers for lunch and they were reasonably priced and pretty tasty too.

The father-in-law loved the Red duck Porter so much I thought I would give brewing a porter a go. Now I just have to wait

Cheers,

H.

Archive Review

I was quite impressed with the Archive Cellar! A great selection of the Aussie Craft brews you can get at the bar, and some good imports as well, kept nice and cold!

So how did he manage to get 46 posts up but not banned yet?

Apparently the Archive managed to stay dry but are without power until further notice.

Archive re-opened at 4PM today. with Murrays 2IPA on tap. limited food service.

I noticed two interesting events coming up at Archive posted on their various facebook accounts and thought I'd pass on the info to those unaware:

The first BEER ACADEMY of 2011

Ever wanted to know more about your favourite beer, while enjoying foods that compliment them?

Well join us on:

THURS FEB 10
when we discover knowledge about:

+ Indian PALE ALE +

Hosted by Andrew Cowdie (Malt Shovel Brewery)

$30 per Head.
Limited Tickets Available
Book Now! 38443419
7pm Start

Being served:
James Squire IPA w/ Wild Mushroom & Chilli Risotto Cake
Bridge Road Bling IPA w/ Asian Style Duck Breast
Jamieson Beast IPA w/ Bread & Butter Pudding

and

26 February 14:00 - 17:00

This will be the first of 4 Beer Clubs to be held at Archive in Brisbane. Space will be limited to just 50 spots and tickets will need to be pre purchased from Archive.

The Aim will be to have 3 kegs of beer on tap that are Limited release, hard to find and or not available in sunny Brisbane and, where applicable, we will try to have a brewer or two along.

Keg One: Kooinda pale (first time in QLD)
...Keg Two: ???
Keg Three: Little Creatures East Kent Goldings Ale

The Cost to join the club will set you back just $10. This will give you first digs at tickets to beer club events, a discount at the bottle shop at Next door Cellars (at Archive) and a shiny membership card. We will be capping the spots at 50! So act now.

The cost of the first event will be $55 for members $65 for non members- what do you get for that, I hear you ask? 2 schooners of each beer (6 schooners all up) + Food! Given that schooners of these beers go for $8-$10 each on a good day, plus the fact that they are incredibly rare and difficult to find on tap, makes this an awesome value event!

No affiliation etc, just looks like a good time to me and I'll be making an effort to get to at least one of these events.

Archive beer crew get ready! First time Kooinda goes to QLD! Enjoy QLD crew.

180190_10150137447716834_669306833_7846324_7513898_n.jpg

Archive beer crew get ready! First time Kooinda goes to QLD! Enjoy QLD crew.

180190_10150137447716834_669306833_7846324_7513898_n.jpg

This is quite tempting, looks like a trip to the other side of the river is on. :icon_cheers:

Archive just announced on Facebook today that you can grab a bottle. Apparently it won't be on tap until the Ministry of Beers event next weekend (26th) though.

I refuse to have anything to do with StalkBook so unable to log in. Is there an open site anywhere re the festival?

Yay Bacchus brewing is in there .... I'll be there if not working that day :icon_cheers:

Brewing up a couple of specials for the day... Hopefully have 6 beers available from us on the day.

Should be a cracker.....

Cheers Ross

Will definitely be there. It's great to see Brissie is getting more events like this.

Back