Archive's Response To Brews News Article

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Archive. Start Rant !I am sick of no body bloggers who think they are experts smashing an establishment based on nothing. Link If they think they can do a better job go for it. Archive have clearly spent alot of money and time trying to get the right mix to survive in this ever changing Brisbane beer scene. As a beer lover I want to go to a venue and get the beers I want to drink not the beers some blogger thinks I should drink! Rant over.

Jimbo

How on earth is a story about a lawsuit in LA (based around hacking and customer detail compromise) even remotely relevant to a review about a bar in Brisbane?

The blog is here to stay, like it or lump it, everyone can print an opinion.

I agree with the few whove posted a retort should be to the point and based on fact, a chance to state the positives that you feel have been neglected, not an attack on the reviewer. That just says youve lost the argument to me, and it makes me wonder what the service culture is like at the bar.

Storm in a teacup anyway. I'm sure its well worth a visit if I'm ever up in Brisbane.

How on earth is a story about a lawsuit in LA (based around hacking and customer detail compromise) even remotely relevant to a review about a bar in Brisbane

Its not. I merely wanted to point out that bloggers have to be careful and are starting to be prosecuted for slander/Libel even though i dont think the original reviewer has done that. I just think not enough research had been done.

Bandying around words like slander (or libel when it's written) is slightly ludicrous mate. It's a review. A review is an opinion based on an experience and doesn't connect with the kinds of allegations suggested in your link.

Whether or not you agree with the review is another story but it would be a sad day if reviewers weren't able to give anything but a 100% positive description of any place for fear of legal censure or prosecution. Fortunately the law itself in this country isn't quite so severe.

I wonder what the response will be like if they ever get a bad review.

I read the article as:

"beer.. . beer..... something .... beer... excuse to try a new pub.... beer.... beer"

Make of it what you will but I like all the venues mentioned for different reasons with the exception of Bitter Suite and Super Whatnot simply because I haven't had a chance to try them yet. I think from one visit to the next a place will get safer and more edgy and I like that (better than staying the same each time like mainstream pubs). Hideaway (my local when @ work) has just come out of a "safe" period because they couldn't get Holgate (they've now got SN Torpedo, Murray's Whale Ale and Angry Man). These places still need to have some "safe" beers so that we can corrupt/convert our philistine mates into drinking real beer.

It's not like ABN is saying that we should all grow up and drink wine - they're on our side.

Cheers,

Ed

p.s. this is not at all biased by the fact I owe Matt a drink ;)

Latest posts

Back