Archive Beer Boutique (brisbane)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will88

Reaction score
I recieved an email from Little Creatures last week with some interesting info for us Brissie residents:

If you are in Brisie or heading that way soon, make sure you drop in to Archive on Boundry St South Brisbane, a brand new bar dedicated to Aussie craft beer... you can even get a bucket full of Little Creatures Pale Ale on ice, now that sounds like a great afternoon right there! Right on Brisbane!

Archive Beer Boutique, 100 Boundry St South Brisbane

I haven't been able to find any info besides this:

http://www.archivebeerboutique.com.au/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Brisba...08716779?v=info

Has anyone else heard of this place?

Troydo's been there and said it was pretty good:

and I quote...(with his spelling intact :lol: )

"just got back from there, Well worth a peak! 2 page beer menue, nothing mind blowing but good selection of ausssie micros. The MOST comfy couches, cool interior setup, the bar is made of books, and staff that saw me tasting the beers and asked for my comment on the beers so they could know more about beer, to better reccomend stuff... so clearly they are interested in it...

worth a bit of support i say :D

Ohh and prices are damn good, $6 scooners, and most bottles are $6 or $7 a few are 8 and the wiked elf opnes are 9
Troydo"

Cheers - Snow

OK so this will probably end badly (for me). Saturday walkies, start here with a selection of micros, stop off at the Brewhouse#2 for steak and beers, onward to the German club 'til dark - taxi! :party:

staff that saw me tasting the beers and asked for my comment on the beers so they could know more about beer, to better reccomend stuff
This says to me: "We don't know anything about beer, but we've found a niche market that might be lucrative for us." I don't really care what their motivation si. If they keep their prices down and their selection up, it can only be a good thing for us.

This says to me: "We don't know anything about beer, but we've found a niche market that might be lucrative for us." I don't really care what their motivation si. If they keep their prices down and their selection up, it can only be a good thing for us.
I agree. My team at work is already arranging a "team meeting" over there.

- Snow

Just noticed the typo in the email, should be 'Boundary St'. This place is barely a few steps away from Nectar.

OK so this will probably end badly (for me). Saturday walkies, start here with a selection of micros, stop off at the Brewhouse#2 for steak and beers, onward to the German club 'til dark - taxi! :party:

My thoughts exactly, although substitute Saturday for Thursday! Brewhouse#2--Archive--The Fox for 50c buffalo wing night :D only I'd have to convince my tightarse VB-swiling mate that $6 a schooner is value for decent craft beer...good luck!

There's got to be a bus that gets near this place. My Translink search told me to take a 1000 meter walk from the Cultural Center. Don't mind 1000 meter walks for good beer... 2000 if I count the return walk, but I'll never be able to convince my wilfe to do that.

From town, or the Valley, the new City Glider service drops you on Boundary St. You just then walk up the road a couple of hundred metres.

- Snow

Coolski!
I should be able to get on that at the Cultural Center I would think. Hopefully Translink will update.

From town, or the Valley, the new City Glider service drops you on Boundary St. You just then walk up the road a couple of hundred metres.

- Snow

Or the 199, but I think the City Glider is still free for a few more days...

Dropped in there for lunch yesterday after visit to Nectar. We were the only ones there.

Looks like a top little spot. Trendy but clean "industrial" style look, with a mix of tables (inside and out) and couches/armchairs plus a couple of pool tables. Very comfortable and relaxed feel; could have easily whiled away the day there if I didn't have other things to do.

Very brave in terms of beer selection - not a XXXX, VB or TED in sight. Only thing low carb was Burleigh Brewing's Big Head on tap. Beer selection was exclusively Australian "Craft" beer (if you count Squires and Matilda Bay as craft), with about 8 on tap, and 60 bottled to chose from. They even had bottles of the limited release Little Creatures IPA.

The food seems to be typical Bistro/Gastro Pub style, and there is some attempt at pairing with the beers. My son had the Steak Burger, which came with beer battered chips; he enjoyed very much. I had bacon and eggs, paired with a pot of White Rabbit (on tap) :icon_drool2: .

In terms of price, I have no idea what is reasonable for beer nowdays, but the tap prices were between $3.50 and $4.00 a pot and around $6 for a schooner.

The staff was pretty enthusiastic about craft beer, although it seems that they know they have an uphill battle, and treat every punter as if they know nothing about beer. My only real criticism of the place was that they served the beer too cold. I passed this on to the bar tender, who was very receptive to feedback.

I hope that they make a success of it; the more places like this serving and advocating craft beer in Brisbane, the better!

Dropped in there for lunch yesterday after visit to Nectar. We were the only ones there.

Looks like a top little spot. Trendy but clean "industrial" style look, with a mix of tables (inside and out) and couches/armchairs plus a couple of pool tables. Very comfortable and relaxed feel; could have easily whiled away the day there if I didn't have other things to do.

Very brave in terms of beer selection - not a XXXX, VB or TED in sight. Only thing low carb was Burleigh Brewing's Big Head on tap. Beer selection was exclusively Australian "Craft" beer (if you count Squires and Matilda Bay as craft), with about 8 on tap, and 60 bottled to chose from. They even had bottles of the limited release Little Creatures IPA.

The food seems to be typical Bistro/Gastro Pub style, and there is some attempt at pairing with the beers. My son had the Steak Burger, which came with beer battered chips; he enjoyed very much. I had bacon and eggs, paired with a pot of White Rabbit (on tap) :icon_drool2: .

In terms of price, I have no idea what is reasonable for beer nowdays, but the tap prices were between $3.50 and $4.00 a pot and around $6 for a schooner.

The staff was pretty enthusiastic about craft beer, although it seems that they know they have an uphill battle, and treat every punter as if they know nothing about beer. My only real criticism of the place was that they served the beer too cold. I passed this on to the bar tender, who was very receptive to feedback.

I hope that they make a success of it; the more places like this serving and advocating craft beer in Brisbane, the better!

Damm, I should have gone there as well. Oh well, being at craftbrewer wasn't a bad option - I'll make a real effort next week.

Checked this place out ... I like it! Hopefully they will get a bit more daring with the taps, but its a great start!

Enjoyed the White Rabbit! Suggested they should get some of the Mt Tamborine beer on tap.

Oh yeah, they were the cover pic on MX yesterday too.

I have to go to West End on the way home so I thought I might drop in and check this place out..
Maybe suggest a few beers :)

The bar is very cool. Great setting for what has the potential to become a fantastic beer venue for Brisbane.

Range was decent enough without being mindblowing.
If they could drop the Bighead and start getting in a few more micros over time it will be good.

The staff were receptive. They had some issues with some beers in bottles being off but they recognised it and were willing to take returns, and even let me buy a beer on the proviso that I could exchange it if it was opened and turned out to be off.

The main barman / manager whatever he was was definitely open to suggestions and seemed to be switched on.
The staff didn't seem super knowledgable on beer, but maybe I'm a hard taskmaster on the subject :)
They were willing to listen though.

I'll definitely be going back and I'll have more suggestions as time goes on.

I got a call from Winkle about this place yesterday arvo and I didn't have too much of a clue about where he was on about (FWIW, I work up the street). Having said that though, it sounds like a pretty kewl spot. IIRC and thinking a little bit more about it, I reckon it is underneath the Uber nightclub. Will have to check this one out for myself.

Snow, use the 199 or CityGlider bus if the walk seems a bit far. Knowing the standard of public transport for this route, you might be better off walking.

Walking distance from work. I'll have to get a group together one afternoon.

Latest posts

Back