Archive Beer Boutique (brisbane)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had dinner there on Saturday night, risotto and salmon were overcooked, duck and sweet potato mash was way too sweet and rubbery tough. they were very quick to refund my money, which was nice. The beer list is pretty decent.

Went there for lunch this afternoon with my wife after she refused to go again to the Brewhouse 2.0. The White Rabbit-battered fish & chips were quite good, and the wife liked the Calamari. The only down side was the panhandler coming up with his detox shakes mooching change while we were eating.

Beer-wise, the Burleigh Hef the wife had with her meal seemed a bit weak and watery compared to when we had it at the Platform. The White Rabbit was tasting good, the 3 Ravens Dark was a bit flat but still good. we were training a waitress who was on her first day, and she couldn't find the Bridge Roads Celtic red my wife ordered as her 2nd beer, so we ended up leaving after I finished. Went to Nectar to buy a few bottles and then headed home.

I had lunch there this arvo as well.

The steak burger was pretty tasty and I was impressed with the range on tap/in the fridge. And at $6 a schooner I'll definitely be back for a few drops and games of pool.

I also noticed the Burleigh Hef tasted a bit watery and my mate reckoned they were serving it too cold.

lol

I was there yesterday at lunch time too. I really thought the food was over priced and nothing to write home about. I was very happy with the selection of brew on offer though. The place has a cool vibe. I enjoyed sitting on brown leather 70s couches. Someone put the telly on after a while and the vibe was lost. I had the same waitress as snowdog, she couldn't find the the Bridge rd Celtic Red for my party either(I actually don't think they had it).

Overall a good place to kick back with a few ales with friends. I don't think I will bother buying food next time. The $20 Little Creatures bucket is value if that's your bag.

I went there with Snow and StillScottish on Friday arvo and enjoyed it, interesting decor (particularly the book bar) and a pretty decent beer menu. And pretty reasonable prices, enjoyed a few Lord Nelsons in the tasting session (its been a while). Very quiet during the afternoon but quickly filled up at dusk. Staff were friendly and trying hard to spread the good beer message. Sadly the Celtic Red got pulled 'cause the bottles were gushers :( .

The only down side was the panhandler coming up with his detox shakes mooching change while we were eating.

Welcome to the West End ;) .

It's funny we all were there at roughly the same time Sunday.
I'm thinking they didn't have the Celtic Red either, even though it was on every clipboard menu I picked up. It kind of killed the vibe for my wife as she is a fan of red ales. I suggested the Sunny Coast Rye ESB but she had decided not to order anything since they didn't have what they advertised. Me, I could have been happy to sit at the bar drinking schooners of white Rabbit. I like it draught!

It was great huh? I hadn't had it since it was released, having been quite underwhelmed, but draught schooners for $6? yes please!

Sadly the Celtic Red got pulled 'cause the bottles were gushers :( .
That would explain it. It seems Bridge Roads has this problem as I had a couple geysers from a 6-pack of Robust Porter I bought at 5th Element.

I went there with Snow and StillScottish on Friday arvo and enjoyed it, interesting decor (particularly the book bar) and a pretty decent beer menu. And pretty reasonable prices, enjoyed a few Lord Nelsons in the tasting session (its been a while). Very quiet during the afternoon but quickly filled up at dusk. Staff were friendly and trying hard to spread the good beer message. Sadly the Celtic Red got pulled 'cause the bottles were gushers :( .

Welcome to the West End ;) .

I agree the decor is pretty cool. It's rare to walk into a pub/restaurant these days and go "wow - look at that!".

I really enjoyed the White Rabbit, but it wasn't as fresh as it could have been. The Lord Nelons, I thought, were in very good condition.

Thanks for the company, Winkle!

Cheers - Snow.

Dropped in to check the place out on Sunday, all bottled beers $5! Very reasonable indeed! Polished off a 3 Ravens Dark and a Feral White, both very tasty...

Will be interesting to see what they get on tap in the future...

Not sure myself. Maybe give them a ring?
07-3846-6680

Was thinking of heading down today for a Rabbit or three, and listen to some live music.

Stopped in last night for the opener on my way to somewhere else for dinner. The decor is pretty special, and the layout of the place is nice and open. I'm not sure if they could have done any better with the fitout IMHO.

I had the Burleigh Hef as well - I'm not sure if their glassware is doing this beer justice or there is something else wrong. I agree with the sentiments of others here - it was watery and not as flavoursome as it should be. I'm also of the opinion that the bar staff are used to pouring megaswill and are thus relucant to serve a beer with a well formed head. My 2c. My GF had a S&W lager. I haven't had it off the tap before, but it seemed to be along the same lines wrt taste.

Because I work in West End I no doubt will be back to try out more of the range. IIRC the tap list was:

- White Rabbit
- BB Hef
- BB Big Head
- S&W Lager
- CPA
- JS Pilsener
- Pipsqueak Cider

... and probably something else which I can't remember. I suspect I'll try dinner at some stage too. As we walked out a steak was being served and it smelt divine! Will report back in due course.

Added some photos and a review to the Thirsty Critters blog:

http://thirstycritters.com.au/archive-bris...tique-beer-bar/

I'll be back very soon - probably on a Sunday to take advantage of the $5 bottled beers! You can barely buy some of those drops in a bottle-o for that price...

4597337563_ffe1b933cb.jpg

4597337761_60374d622a.jpg

That is a good deal! Note on those brown comfy chairs ... if you had a few, they are really hard to get out of. :rolleyes:

At the Archive right now. Thanks to the iPhone! Had the heffe Its okay today and a Stone & Wood Pale Lager. About to try the White Rabbit. Yum!

Just back from archive after lunch. God I love white rabbit on tap. Sooooo gooood. Top spot. With a bit of drizzle outside could have easily spent the next few hours sampling away on those couches. Will be making this a regular spot...5 mins walk from work. Highly recommend this place on the beer selection ($6 schooners too) and feel of the place.

Yeah, the White Rabbit is tasty on tap.
Too bad they were closed when I had last Monday off.
Had to take the walk to the 5th Element and enjoy Alpha Pale on tap instead.
I understand the Archive "weekend" is Monday and Tuesday, open Wednesday to Sunday.

Back