Good Places To Drink In Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may not be the best thread for it - but I just saw on faecesbook that the German club now does 2l growlers.

They sell the Altenmunster 2lt Swingtops for $20.00, then it's $20.00 refill from any tap.
No bad, must drop by again.

Batz

Batz your sticker as well as tidal petes is still on the exit sign....

They will refill ANY 2L (1.89L) growler as well.

I'm all for places filling any growler... especially since I happen to have two Archive growlers I haven't used recently.

Bribie G said:
Are we reaching a tipping point?
I would say yes.

Moz said:
Agree. Bus will need ice buckets with bottles of BBs finest and will need to make a few toilet stops on its rout to the city.
Get an old Greyhound bus that has a toilet in the back and fit a nice fridge in it! (in the bus, not the toilet)

The list here has expanded greatly since a few years ago. Been hitting the Portabella for an after-work brew quite a bit lately since they are conveniently located near my alternate commute route home. Embassy Bar is a nice place for lunch in the CBD, and instead of a good beer bar pub-crawl taking you all over the city, you can get pretty wasted just walking West End. Started my last one at the Brewhouse, took the bus to Southbank and had a quick Alpha at 5th Element, walked from there to The End, BOSC, Archive, Bearded Lady, Burrow, then was heading east when I decided I should get the bus home before I lost navigation ability....

Hi all,

A colleague and I will be in Brisbane (CBD) for a week in early May.
Any new pubs/bars in addition to what's already on the thread that I should put on my radar?

Cheers.

You can walk across to south bank from the CBD to get to Tomahawk - run by the same owners of Tipplers Tap at Teneriffe/Newstead. If you keep walking/catching bus and head to West End, Brisbane Brewing now as a brewpub there which is pretty good.

hwall95 said:
You can walk across to south bank from the CBD to get to Tomahawk - run by the same owners of Tipplers Tap at Teneriffe/Newstead. If you keep walking/catching bus and head to West End, Brisbane Brewing now as a brewpub there which is pretty good.
I did a pub crawl last month through there. Tomahawk, Hoo Ha Bar, Archive & Brisbane Brewing Co. Highly recommend 3 of them but Hoo Ha Bar had limited range (4 taps on) including 2 red beers, a cider and something American style but with lemongrass in it, not really my cup of tea. It may have just been a bad day. Plus West End in general had a pretty good vibe. Heaps of hipsters etc but still the odd scary looking tranny hooker, junkie etc, to keep things interesting. Some great food too.

Lincoln2 said:
I did a pub crawl last month through there. Tomahawk, Hoo Ha Bar, Archive & Brisbane Brewing Co. Highly recommend 3 of them but Hoo Ha Bar had limited range (4 taps on) including 2 red beers, a cider and something American style but with lemongrass in it, not really my cup of tea. It may have just been a bad day. Plus West End in general had a pretty good vibe. Heaps of hipsters etc but still the odd scary looking tranny hooker, junkie etc, to keep things interesting.
Sold!

Thanks for the responses guys. Cheers.

There is also The Embassy Hotel, which has about 15ish taps of craft beers, they also have an engine that almost always has one of Ross's beers on it. There's normally a pretty good selection, although the last time I went they did have XXXX Gold on one of the taps...

Latest posts

Back