Snowy Mountains NSW

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbronko

Reaction score
G'day,

I thought I'd post a new thread to discuss areas of drinking interest in the Snowy Mountain region.

I have lived in Cooma for the past 6 months so I am still finding my way around the joint and discovering new places.

The Alpine Hotel in Cooma is my local. You can get a decent pub feed and good service. Nothing too special special on tap; Little Creatures Pale Ale, 150 Lashes and Jack of Spades complement the standard selection of Carlton, XXXX, Heiniken etc.

The Banjo Patterson Inn at Jindabyne is worth a visit. They brew Kosciuszko Pale Ale downstairs and serve it on tap in the bar. I feel that I can taste the hops alot more from the Kosi Pale Ale on tap than the bottled variety (I have heard that the bottled ale is brewed somewhere else but dont quote me on that). You can ask them to give you a tour of the brewery area.

Wild Brumbies Schnapps distillery deserves an honorable mention (it will get you on the good side with the missus), even though they are a distillery. They have free sampling sessions of all of their schnapps and there is also a cafe/restaraunt that serves lunch and coffee etc. They dont have any beers on tap but they do have a selection of imported German Beers, none of which I recognised and I cant remember any of their names, sorry.

Please give me any recomendations and your experiences when down here enjoying the snow.

Thanks for this post, staying at lake jindabyne hotel and the selection is ordinary. Will head to the banjo patersson inn tonight

Not sure where things are up to, but there is a Micro starting in Cooma..

Latest posts

Back