Good Places To Drink In Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone been in the Story Bridge of late? Used to be a range of Coopers but I haven't popped in for about 4 years.
I'm also wondering if it's worth going to. Their website says they have 18 different beers on tap, allegedly including Lord Nelson 3 Sheets.

I'm also wondering if it's worth going to. Their website says they have 18 different beers on tap, allegedly including Lord Nelson 3 Sheets.

Having written off the Story Bridge a while ago, stopped in to meet some colleagues quickly a week or two ago and was surprised to find a handful of nice options on tap and I only looked at what was right in in front of me. Forget what the others where but I had a couple of Mountain Goat Steam Ales.

They're off my sh!t list at least, I'm sure they're delighted...

nice one. I'll have to check it out.
I just read a review from late last year which said they had Kooinda Belgian Wit, and Moo Brew Pale amongst others.

Good to hear. Damn only a couple of years ago we had zero choice and now we're relatively spoiled.

Good to hear. Damn only a couple of years ago we had zero choice and now we're relatively spoiled.

No kidding... May the choices remain! I try and support them as best I can.
Its been awhile since I've been to the Story...

I drive past the Red Brick Hotel (it's white) every morning on my way to work, anyway it's recently been refurbished, sign up says NEW MANAGEMENT, NEW POKIES, and more importantly the website says "increased range of craft beers".
I'll check it out this weekend and report my findings.

I drive past the Red Brick Hotel (it's white) every morning on my way to work, anyway it's recently been refurbished, sign up says NEW MANAGEMENT, NEW POKIES, and more importantly the website says "increased range of craft beers".
I'll check it out this weekend and report my findings.
Is that the place on the Yeronga side of the Brewhouse?
Bet its just Fat Yak and JS Golden Ale ;)

bet it's not. ^_^
Their website hints at JS 150 lashes and monteiths black beer.
I'll head there for a feed and if the beers are no good it's a short stroll to the clarence for a few taffys ;)

bet it's not. ^_^
Their website hints at JS 150 lashes and monteiths black beer.
I'll head there for a feed and if the beers are no good it's a short stroll to the clarence for a few taffys ;)

Hmmm, both of them are usually ok, Monteiths Black is actually quite good in bottle - I've had a few with late breakfasts at the Gunshop Cafe when I worked in West End (BA* sadly,
*before Archive)

Alright well heres the Red brick verdict. It's a few levels above your average pub but not spectacular.
Beer is marco-craft. Food is decent pub fare and reasonably priced, ie 300g rib fillet for 20 squid. Pork belly on the menu I'll have to give that a burl next time.

Legit 1890s pub, has scrubbed up very well, with mezannine level and pool table etc. pokies in another room so you dont have to listen to the *****. isnt a dump like the clarence.

taps are coopers pale, JS pale, monteiths black & apple cider, Stella, plus the usual suspects.
Fridge is full range of squire, monteiths, creatures incl white rabbit dark, matilda bay, plus burleigh hef. So nothing to get excited about, but good to see a pub showing an interest in craft beer.

I'm off to the brewhouse

Alright well heres the Red brick verdict. It's a few levels above your average pub but not spectacular.
Beer is marco-craft. Food is decent pub fare and reasonably priced, ie 300g rib fillet for 20 squid. Pork belly on the menu I'll have to give that a burl next time.

Legit 1890s pub, has scrubbed up very well, with mezannine level and pool table etc. pokies in another room so you dont have to listen to the *****. isnt a dump like the clarence.

taps are coopers pale, JS pale, monteiths black & apple cider, Stella, plus the usual suspects.
Fridge is full range of squire, monteiths, creatures incl white rabbit dark, matilda bay, plus burleigh hef. So nothing to get excited about, but good to see a pub showing an interest in craft beer.

I'm off to the brewhouse

off to the dump with you then :lol:

Add The Stones Corner Hotel to the list.

They have our Summer Wheat on tap, burleigh brewing plus a few Sunny Coast beers.

Also Vale and Squires Hop Thief.

Not too bad a list overall.

At stones corner now to check out the selection. Got sunny coast porter, best bitter, czech, hefe. 4 degrees summer wheat. s&w pacific. burleigh hef, 28 pale, & wife's bitter. JS hop thief. and vale ale. Plus a few 'international' lagers. Not a bad spread! Clientele is a bit rough (myself included) but what to you expect for 10:30AM on a Wednesday.

I'd be stoked if they had sunny coast rye esb and/or endeavour IPA.

+1 on that, although the Porter and bitter aren't bad.

At stones corner now to check out the selection. Got sunny coast porter, best bitter, czech, hefe. 4 degrees summer wheat. s&w pacific. burleigh hef, 28 pale, & wife's bitter. JS hop thief. and vale ale. Plus a few 'international' lagers. Not a bad spread! Clientele is a bit rough (myself included) but what to you expect for 10:30AM on a Wednesday.

They do get an odd mix of people there, all drinking coffee too not beer?

Yep I was the only one having beer but considering the time of day..

SWMBO and I used to go there for breakfast on the weekends (but got tired of soggy bacon), they seemed to do a roaring trade with their coffees though. Always a small throng of wogs out the front.

I'll definitely be heading back for a session over the xmas break..

This may not be the best thread for it - but I just saw on faecesbook that the German club now does 2l growlers.

Back