Good Places To Drink In Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goomba: I'm going there this arvo for this: http://www.goodbeers.com.au/hump-day/

If I remember I'll try to get some photos of the fridges. There's a good range.... St Ambroise, Holgate, Yeastie Boys, Wicked Elf, Brew Dog.... etc... I think the reason there's no list on the website is that the selection changes all the time. Sign up for their mailing list and you'll get emails telling you when there's a new addition to try out.

EDIT: from recent email updates that I can still find -
• MOA Blanc
• MOA Breakfast
• MOA St Joseph's Reserve
• MOA Pale Ale
• MOA Methode
• Hitachino Nest White Ale
• St-Ambroise Pumpkin Ale
• St-Ambroise Apricot Wheat Ale
• St-Ambroise Pale Ale
• St-Ambroise Oatmeal Stout
• Kopparberg Elderberry/Lime Cider
• Newcastle Brown Ale
• Three Ravens

Cheers,

Ed

Any taps?

no taps, but a pretty damn awesome range.

they are semi-connected with Fringe bar which have taps of your regular Fat Yak, JS Golden suedo-craft type beers.

and dont mind the barkeep, hes not so bad once he realises you know more than him... :D

sim

can vouch for the beer selection in the fridge.
dropped in last night on my way home & had a Vivens imperial IPA.
also saw yeasty boys pot kettle black in there.

me and a mate had a few here on tues for my birthday, out of the Pils, Belgian, Wheat and the Irish Red, I'd say my pick was the Irish but I'm a bit biased when it comes to the reds B)

the rest of the beers seemed too heavy with crystal imho

Yard

No Geronimo? (it was up with all the mega-swill taps at the street end of the bar) best one of the lot, Irish Red is good though.

me and a mate had a few here on tues for my birthday, out of the Pils, Belgian, Wheat and the Irish Red, I'd say my pick was the Irish but I'm a bit biased when it comes to the reds B)

the rest of the beers seemed too heavy with crystal imho

Yard

In town for your birthday.... you kept that quiet!!!! :( I was just around the corner at the End Bar doing quality control on our beers :chug:

Cheers Ross

sorry bud, i was going to ring you but I was having a little hangover from the previous evening in the valley and we were only going to have a quiet couple of pints, ended up calling it quits at about 2am, had to get to an induction at 6.30... :ph34r:

Yard

sorry bud, i was going to ring you but I was having a little hangover from the previous evening in the valley and we were only going to have a quiet couple of pints, ended up calling it quits at about 2am, had to get to an induction at 6.30... :ph34r:

Yard

Doubly dissappointed, you were here for 2 nights & I'm batching :party: while the wife's on holiday in the UK.

Cheers Ross

Doubly dissappointed, you were here for 2 nights & I'm batching :party: while the wife's on holiday in the UK.

Cheers Ross

actually got in sunday night, i knew i should've rang you, we ended up in a rather dodgey gentlemans club on tuesday :p

next time cobber ;)

In town for your birthday.... you kept that quiet!!!! :( I was just around the corner at the End Bar doing quality control on our beers :chug:

Cheers Ross

In town Sunday staying at West End. Where's The End Bar Ross?

Screwy

73 Vulture street. Turn left out of Archive & walk 200m to Vulture street, turn right & approx 100m on LHS.
The eye candy in there Michael won't do your ticker any good :D

Cheers Ross

In town Sunday staying at West End. Where's The End Bar Ross?

Screwy

What time are you having a tipple Screwy? I might get day release :icon_cheers:

+1 might be able to drop in for a couple....

What time are you having a tipple Screwy? I might get day release :icon_cheers:

+1 might be able to drop in for a couple....

Hey that would be good, Mrs Screwy has surgery scheduled for 6.15am Mon so staying Sunday night in the city. Thought it would be a good idea to stay close to somewhere like Archive ;)

Leave pass from 3pm Sunday until dinner time.

Screwy

Let me work on it... Might have the missus in tow, might not...

Hey that would be good, Mrs Screwy has surgery scheduled for 6.15am Mon so staying Sunday night in the city. Thought it would be a good idea to stay close to somewhere like Archive ;)

Leave pass from 3pm Sunday until dinner time.

Screwy

Bugger, my good lady arrives back from UK Saturday night, might be a bit risky to ask for a leave pass & lift for a piss up on Sunday :unsure:

Ross

Latest posts

Back