International Brewers Day Festival - Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bconnery

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Not sure exactly which forum this belongs in but this year in Brisbane there'll be an Internation Brewers Day festival. 16th - 18th July.

Register on www.goodbeers.com so you can get into the exclusive opening night event at the Platform.

See ARCHIVE Beer Boutique and Bistro/ Archive WestEnd for more details about the event planned for Sunday.
Get your tickets ASAP as they are already selling out. Awesome beers on tap many of which are not normally seen in Brisbane.

Beers from Otway, Stone and Wood, Blue Sky, MT Brewery, Murrays, Meantime and Mikkeller to name a few...

Oh yes, and I am kind of affiliated as my wife is helping Matt from GoodBeers.com organise this...

Ah yes... been to and enjoyed the last couple years at the Platform. With the Archive in for this year, it should be awesome. Alas, I'll be in Seattle when it happens though. Enjoy it guys!

Ah yes... been to and enjoyed the last couple years at the Platform. With the Archive in for this year, it should be awesome. Alas, I'll be in Seattle when it happens though. Enjoy it guys!

Both events are going to be a lot bigger this year too ;) I'm sure Seattle will have its compensations though!

I'm keen for a road trip, and so is the boss, but the website is shit. Anyone know how to contact the guys bar going to the venues direct?

I'm keen for a road trip, and so is the boss, but the website is shit. Anyone know how to contact the guys bar going to the venues direct?
Yeah Scotty, give me a call and I will pass on the relevant numbers
Oh yeah I am making the trip back to QLD for this one !

Both events are going to be a lot bigger this year too ;) I'm sure Seattle will have its compensations though!

Yeah, I suppose so. It looks like this place will be my local for awhile.

Still, I'll miss the fun and great beer here this year at this event. I am glad to see it getting bigger, and I'll likely be back in Brizzy in 2011 for next year's event.

Until I go, I'll be at the Archive ensconsed in one of those leather lay-back chairs with a schooner of White Rabbit in hand...

Well I'm signed up for the Friday session. Should be a cracker!

Cheers - Snow.

Some more details have been added about beers and guests for the events.

Check out here for some more details.

Looking forward to trying some beers on tap I've only had in bottles before, and some news ones!

Thanks for the PM's, will contact etc ...

Thanks for the heads up ... could be worth the trip into the city.

Thanks for the heads up ... could be worth the trip into the city.

Follow the link and read the beer list and I think you'll find could isn't the right word :)

You definitely need to subscribe to goodbeers.com.au and then book very soon though. It's selling out fast!

Why do I have to be committed to my family, why can't I be a selfish pr!ck and stay in Brisbane that weekend???

Why do I have to be committed to my family, why can't I be a selfish pr!ck and stay in Brisbane that weekend???
Search me. I'm sure they'd forgive you ;) :)
Didn't you skip something else recently? What else are brownie points for?

Been on checking out the updated beer list, looking pretty good!

Brewer's for you to hug so far include the likes of Chuck Hahn, Ben Kraus, Ian Watson, Brad Rogers and perhaps more. I suppose you could ask them beer questions too...

The keg list is also going to be one of the best that Brisbane has seen, including:
  • Murray's Grand Cru
  • Murray's Icon 2IPA
  • Murray's Whale Ale
  • Murray's Nirvana Pale Ale
  • Murray's Pilsner
  • Murray's Dark Knight
  • Otway Ale
  • Otway Red Ale
  • Otway Farmhouse Ale
  • Blue Sky Smoked Wheat
  • Blue Sky Choc-cherry stout
  • Blue Sky Pilsener
  • Blue Sky IPA
  • MT Cuvee 0909 Blonde
  • Stone & Wood Stone Beer
  • Meantime IPA
To get into the Friday night event visit here A cool beer surprise for Brisbanites on that page too :)

For info on the Sunday event, which will have many but not all of the beers on tap, visit Archive.

Latest posts

Back