Bitter & Twisted International Boutique Beer Festival Twisted Al

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maitland

Reaction score
Bitter & Twisted International Boutique Beer Festival Twisted Ales Competition

Saturday 6th Sunday 7 November 2010

Maitland Gaol, John St, East Maitland

In 2010, Bitter & Twisted will feature stalls offering tastings of over 60 beer from the best Australian craft-breweries as well as specialty international beer from around the globe. There will be heaps on offer for beer drinkers, wine drinkers, non drinkers, food lovers, music lovers, arts lovers, parents, children, grandparents, friends, lovers, dancers, singers.....basically anyone who wants to have a good time!

MUSIC * FOOD * BEER
Purchase your tickets before 1 September to go into the draw to win the Twisted Ales Brewing Competition.

Nominate your most twisted beer - be it ale, lager, whatever - for your chance to win a day brewing your winning beer with the expert brewers at Hunter Beer Company.

You'll get to take home 10 litres to share with your mates and have your beer featured on the Hunter Beer Company stand at Bitter & Twisted.

For more information, to purchase tickets and to enter the competition visit Professor Sigmund von BeernMister at www.bitterandtwisted.com.au or phone the Maitland Visitor Information Centre on 02 4931 2800

Hi guys & gals,

I just wanted to put a plug in for the Bitter & Twisted Beer festival.

It is my favourite festival of the year; mostly because I love the atmosphere - tunes in the background while you're wandering around a high security prison - it rocks!

But, there's also lots of great beer ;)

Time is running out for purchasing early-bird tickets which put you in the running to create your own twisted ale to be served on tap during the festival.

Check out www.bitterandtwisted.com.au for more information.

Cheers,

Keith

Does anyone have any updates on the festival this weekend?

The line-up looks really thin this year, or they have not updated the website?

Murray's, Potters and 4Pines would be the stand outs, but the rest are either very easily obtainable (Little Creatures / Matilda Bay) or of little interest to the craft beer drinker (Blue Tongue, Fusion Brewing, and Brew By U).

Any chance there is a heap of great breweries attending that they have not told anyone about.

And does MHB have a stand like last year? Hope so, it had one of the longest lineups of anyone.

Their website seems to say there is track work on again too.... Hmm that was a big issue last year.

Hey Josh.
Pretty sure that the usual contenders will front up.
You could contact the B&T team to find more info.

As for MHB, he has advised that he's out of the event, and I believe it's not subject to variation. Big loss for the Hunter brewers and the B&T festival, IMHO.

Murray's will bring their spicy pumpkin ale again, so if you liked it last time...

I cannot attend on the Saturday, and should be there on the Sunday, but could be revised at short notice, depending on my Saturday at the races, with my workplace.

Good to hear from you, Josh.
Beerz, Les!

Hey les,

If I make an appearance it will be on the Saturday, and will be pending weather, trains, and the lack of exhibitors.

Hopefully you are right and there are some aces up their sleeve. Contacted B&T a few weeks ago but didn't hear back. Can't be bothered chasing them down.

Will catch up with you again, one of these days mate.

cheers
Josh

As for MHB, he has advised that he's out of the event, and I believe it's not subject to variation. Big loss for the Hunter brewers and the B&T festival, IMHO.
Seconded...there was awesome potential there with the fine brews that the Hunter brewers seem to be knocking out.

I'll hopefully make it up on the Sunday. Hopefully the Murrays Pumpkin ale is still around!

Hi All,

Just wanted to say a huge thankyou to all the HUB members and friends that donated their time, equipment and beer to Bitter & Twisted over the weekend. It was a massive effort by everyone to get things organised only 3 days before the event.

I won't name names but a raised glass goes to the usual suspects who brought it all together.

Cheers to all

Booz

Latest posts

Back