Archive Beer Boutique (brisbane)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that there's a flaw in using the word in that context! :lol:

flay [ flay ] v.tr. 1 strip the skin or hide off,

flaw:
1. An imperfection, often concealed, that impairs soundness: Middle English flaue, splinter.

Screwy

I looked into getting tickets for the Like A Boss beer academy a few days ago but apparently it's sold out already. I guess I underestimated the amount of people keen to get a sample of the Bismarck. Thankfully I could still get some tickets for the beer festival.

I looked into getting tickets for the Like A Boss beer academy a few days ago but apparently it's sold out already. I guess I underestimated the amount of people keen to get a sample of the Bismarck. Thankfully I could still get some tickets for the beer festival.

Bollocks, I hadn't even asked yet. I'd better get up near the front of the queue for the next one.

Missed out on the Beer Geek B'fast at Nectar :( but grabbed a few bottles and went down to Archive.
Kooinda was still on tap so had a couple along with a Bridge Road Porter, nice! :kooi:

was it the pale or wit on tap winkle? heard a rumor the wit got tapped and emptied within 30mins, granted they are only 30L kegs, still a fair effort by the Qld crew :kooi:

Pale mate, was drinking nicely - pity I was driving.

Missed out on the Beer Geek B'fast at Nectar :( but grabbed a few bottles and went down to Archive.
Kooinda was still on tap so had a couple along with a Bridge Road Porter, nice! :kooi:

dammit :angry: i was in there on Thursday lunch and it wasn't on... or i must have overlooked it.

BTW happy B'day Winkle :icon_cheers:

Yesterday was a cracking good time! Not only were the tasters pretty good, the taps looked the best I've ever seen them. Not sure if that was because of the event, but I did end up buyng some Dark Knight, and BR Robust Porters, and a Holgate Roadtrip for the road...

Next stop.... Spotted Cow in June!

Man what a big day! Cheers to Florian for getting Screwy to answer his mobile, and Clarky for being more pissed than I was (at that stage). Cheers also to the CB team, S&W and Sunshine Coast for being drunk tolerant.

Edit: sorry if we lost your jug Ross, I blame your Imperial Lager for lack of judgement/stupidity - that or a couple of stiff inches of cock - I'll get you another one :icon_cheers:

Thanks to everyone that voted for us...
Taking out Champion Brewery at our first Festival ahead of Little Creatures was a real buzz!!!

cheers Ross
Bacchus Brewing

Glad I could contribute to the title with part of my 'double vote', after finding out that the vote actually goes to the brewery and not the individual beer.

Had a great day, although someone needs to fill me in on how it all ended, as I have absolutely no memory of when and how I left the place. Last beers I remember drinking were Ross' cock and ninja, from then on it's all just one big blur.

Hope I didn't misbehave to badly, apologies if I did.

Thanks to northside novice for making his tickets available at the last minute, am sure you regret it by now, sorry mate. <_<

Yeah top day, most of you seemed very drunk toward the end of the day, well you must have been - your faces were all blurred :lol: and apologies to Anna for trying to rebreak her hand :unsure:

Some fantastic beers, congrats to Ross and the team from Bacchus, and big ups to Archive for hosting such a terrific day.

Had a great day, although someone needs to fill me in on how it all ended, as I have absolutely no memory of when and how I left the place.

Yep thats pretty much how I remember it :lol:

Enjoyed the day with my son, thanks to the additional tickets from Northside Novice, Perry, Anna, and Florian made good use of them too. Sorry mate, hopefully next time for you.

Screwy

Screay....what did you do to Screwy?

Yeah - massive day.... Awesome beers..lotza breweries & beer talk....and slurring. :ph34r:

Sorry Florian..can't help. Kris and I helped Burleigh Brewing out side with their Stainless bar, got a six pack for helping, then I headed home on the bus with my booty....Sorry for not saying goodbye to everyone. Top day.

Winkle, I drank myself sober mate...That wasn't pissed. :beer:

Congrats Ross and Bacchus team...

From this day forward - Brother Kenrick shall be known as the Minister :lol:

PB

Great to hear you took the top Ross/Bacchus! My wife & I both dropped our votes in your can after several returns for Cock, Ninja, and my wife's favourite, Obama!
I didn't have a beer from anybody I didn't care for all day! They all were good, some were just better!

Oh yes, Thanks to the guy who handed us 6 tickets at the bar when he ordered 4 schooners of S&W lager!!

Despite all the broken-field staggering through the place, it appeared a good time was had by all, & spillage was nil!

Thanks to everyone for a great event!

Congratulations to the Bacchus team on their win!

Sounds like a great day was had by all - shame I had to miss it.... :angry:

Cheers - Snow

Congrats Bacchus, I thoroughly enjoyed the ninja and obama drops.

Was definitely a great day. I think the setup was better than the International Brewers Day setup from last year too.

So anyone know what the Ministry of Beers 'Mystery Tap' is? Thinking of detouring through West End after work....

It was the Rocks Boxer Red Ale on Saturday night but they had to change the keg over so I'm not sure what it is at the moment.

They will be selling growlers in about a month. The growlers sure help getting beers home that aren't available in bottles.

Latest posts

Back