Archive Beer Boutique (brisbane)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Archive newsletter says the growlers are being shipped from the United States where the typical growler bottle is 64 Oz/2 Quarts/ Gallon. Thats about 1890ml. A 2.5 Litre growler is quite a big growler.

The Archive newsletter says the growlers are being shipped from the United States where the typical growler bottle is 64 Oz/2 Quarts/ Gallon. Thats about 1890ml. A 2.5 Litre growler is quite a big growler.

With some of their schooners @ $14 a pop, certain growlers could be ching, ching.

Note - This is no way a dig at pricing at TAB. I'm fully aware of false economy of cheap beer.

Popped in yesterday for lunch and had Holgate ESB (handpump), Roadtrip IPA, 3 Ravens 55 APA, Coopers aged Stout, and sealed the deal with Brewdog Hardcore IPA. Totally worth it at $14 / schooner. :icon_drool2:

:icon_drool2:
With some of their schooners @ $14 a pop, certain growlers could be ching, ching.

Note - This is no way a dig at pricing at TAB. I'm fully aware of false economy of cheap beer.

Tell that to the International Hotel Spring Hill with their $4 pints (Irish Red Etc) and $4.50 a pint for the very naughty Geronimo 7.5% malt liquo' ya hear me'all boys. Woot.

I'll be in the Archive at 12 noon next Wednesday 16th, having a swift pint with Altstart but can't linger as I'm driving stepdaughter to a med appointment up the street at West End.
Holgate better be on or I'll thqueem and thqueem and thqueem and.......

Edit look for 2 grey haired baby boomers with beer guts.

Now now, coming over all Violet Elizabeth Bott won't get you anywhere!

0a81b1cb-cdd2-4365-80da-be510eaecd37.jpg

:icon_drool2:

Tell that to the International Hotel Spring Hill with their $4 pints (Irish Red Etc) and $4.50 a pint for the very naughty Geronimo 7.5% malt liquo' ya hear me'all boys. Woot.

I'll be in the Archive at 12 noon next Wednesday 16th, having a swift pint with Altstart but can't linger as I'm driving stepdaughter to a med appointment up the street at West End.

Edit look for 2 grey haired baby boomers with beer guts.
You must have been pist mate, $5 pints, $5.5 Geronimo these days. $10 buck steaks on Saturdays :icon_cheers:

Moving back on-topic.
The handpumped ESB is only available on Friday/Saturday, but the road trip should be on.
BREW DOG HARDCORE IPA would be my go to number in the bar out back. Check out the cellars whilst there (and the cigar menu).

Blatant plug for both Archive and Doctor's Orders.
My latest offering Pulse (Belgian Oatmeal IPA) hit the tap at Archive this afternoon.
They also have kegs of Synapse (Black Saison), but I haven't heard if they have been tapped also.

Beers,
Doc

DrOrderBrewing_Pulse_Final.jpg

Blatant plug for both Archive and Doctor's Orders.
My latest offering Pulse (Belgian Oatmeal IPA) hit the tap at Archive this afternoon.
They also have kegs of Synapse (Black Saison), but I haven't heard if they have been tapped also.

Beers,
Doc

Bugger, will all be gone before I get in again :angry:

Screwy

5 kegs of Pulse. Should last at least the weekend ;P

Doc

I'll be in the city tomorrow early afternoon so may swing in for one (if I'm driving) or more (If I bus it). Looks like I have next Thursday the 14th off instead of Wednesday, so won't be there at lunch of the 13th, but the 14th.

Altstart or anyone else - I'll now be at the Archive on Wednesday 13 June at 1 pm, not noon (daughter's appointment got changed)

It is in tehe Back Bar.

Beers,
Doc

Congrats Doc! Hoping to get in there tomorrow arvo for a session and looking forward to finally tasting these beers I've heard so much about on Twitter, etc :icon_drool2:

Did someone else take the photo, or are you up in Brisbane?

Cheers,
tallie

Cheers Tallie.
Someone else took the photo for me.
Pulse is on now, not sure when Synapse will go on.

Enjoy,
Doc

Had a sample on Friday night. Unfortunately I'd already had a few cheap pints at the brewhouse so I don't have a great memory of specific flavours. I was definitely getting what you'd expect from a Belgian IPA although I think my palate was a little too saturated to notice any influence the oatmeal had. Will definitely be going back for another one.

Bah. I have Thursday the 14th off... Won't be around Wednesday.

Lovely selection there Doc!

( Have Ted Nugent's 'Just What The Doctor Ordered' running through my head)

Cheers Tallie.
Someone else took the photo for me.
Pulse is on now, not sure when Synapse will go on.

Enjoy,
Doc

And enjoy I did. I was initially unsure about the hoppy Belgium combo, but it came together quite nicely after the first few sips. Even the other half, who rarely finds a Belgian beer that she likes, thought it was quite drinkable (trust me, that's a compliment ;) ).

Cheers,
tallie

Back