AHB Articles: Vic X-mas In July 2010 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the cobra picnic tap will be stripped, nappisan'd and sarsan'd as i do with any beers im bottling from the keg for long term storage. :icon_cheers:

hopefully i can bottle enough from the keg for the 28 bottles!

28 * 750ml = 21litres last time I checked mate... wanna have a bloody short gas dip tube if you are gunna squeeze that much outta a keg.

The oatmeal stout is tasting delishe....and i plan on also bringing a 10 liter party keg of ESB .....
What are we doing food wise ? BBQ ?
May also have some dusseldorf alt beer...we'll see how i go...
Cheers
Ferg

The oatmeal stout is tasting delishe....and i plan on also bringing a 10 liter party keg of ESB .....
What are we doing food wise ? BBQ ?
May also have some dusseldorf alt beer...we'll see how i go...
Cheers
Ferg
There's usually a spit roast on the go, although I would eat beforehand if you're really hungry, going on Fent's last effort, we won't be eating til near midnight :)

Bring as much beer as you plan on drinking on the day, then double it. Then double that! When we get going, the beer keeps flowing.

Seriously, though, it's a great opportunity to share yours and other peoples beers, get feedback from people with more experience or better palattes, and try a bunch of different styles and levels of brewing skill.

Sh!t, I'm getting thirsty just thinking about it...

28 * 750ml = 21litres last time I checked mate... wanna have a bloody short gas dip tube if you are gunna squeeze that much outta a keg.
Pfft... 750ml :rolleyes: When was the last time you had a case swap beer that was filled to 750ml.. haha

Just short-fill em to 640ml 4*

Exactly what i was thinking. Or bottling 3-4 from primary unfiltered and some lucky schmucks get the cloudy ones!

There's usually a spit roast on the go, although I would eat beforehand if you're really hungry, going on Fent's last effort, we won't be eating til near midnight
Bring as much beer as you plan on drinking on the day, then double it. Then double that! When we get going, the beer keeps flowing.
Seriously, though, it's a great opportunity to share yours and other peoples beers, get feedback from people with more experience or better palattes, and try a bunch of different styles and levels of brewing skill.
Sh!t, I'm getting thirsty just thinking about it...

Im sure fents has that sorted. He was telling me he will start the spitroast up on the friday night so we should be good to go by sunday morning! :lol:

Thirsty? Just sucking back some :ph34r: kit* based American Amber now :chug:

*The beer is for the Melb Brewers get your kit off competition (spruce up a kit any way you like). Brewed by choice, not out of desperation.

Edit: just about to clean my three dirty kegs and noticed a keg hiding under the dining table.. looks like i have space for another brew soon after all!

Won't 27 do? I mean you won't need one for yourself besides a tester

god forbid people actually fill a bottle huh?? :rolleyes:
I just brewed a second batch because the first one was only 20L going into secondary, so there was no way I was going to get 28x750, but I could get 28x640, someone should have made this suggestion before.

... oh well I'll just be shitty if I get any 1/2 full bottles. :)

Hopefully the last time was the last time. Made sure mine were filled up into the neck. 640 mL just makes me think 'tightarse' (which may be appropriate with the right pair of jeans).

I have my Young's special on the go, fermenting away nicely (something around 25 litres so plenty for bottles plus testers).

However it now seems like a lot of ESBs and English styles are making the list so I may end up doing an american brown this weekend instead.

.. or could just wait for the inevitable thinning of the list within the last 2 weeks of the swap date

BTW Northern English Brown is ready to go and tasting might fine ... has anyone started a recipes thread yet?

Hopefully the last time was the last time. Made sure mine were filled up into the neck. 640 mL just makes me think 'tightarse' (which may be appropriate with the right pair of jeans).

I have my Young's special on the go, fermenting away nicely (something around 25 litres so plenty for bottles plus testers).

However it now seems like a lot of ESBs and English styles are making the list so I may end up doing an american brown this weekend instead.

I wouldn't worry too much Manticle - will make a nice change to the usual bombardment of US styles :p

just tried my sampler, over carbed and infected, so she's ready :)

umm, maybe you should know i was joking there, just in case it does turn out that way :(

everyone turns up with 28 so its easier for you to collect the bottles. trust me.

...and the host usually gets all the extras too, so people shouldn't turn up with only 27...

I wouldn't worry too much Manticle - will make a nice change to the usual bombardment of US styles :p
Am planning on spanning the Atlantic, with an American Porter. Standard Porter malt bill with 10% corn (polenta) as an adjunct, then US hops all the way.

A little from column A, a little from column B...

Back