2016 VIC Xmas in July Swap/Brew- Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can supply ~2-3kgs each of Pale & dark Crystal (Simpsons), carabohemian, caraaroma, Ding aromatic, spec B, caraRed, Victory, choc & midnight wheat.
Is any of that of any help?

Actually Stu, a couple of Kg of Midnight Wheat would probably add a nice reddish-hue & give some head-retention, so bring it along & chuck it in the hopper.

Gotta be there early (or organise someone who will be, to take it up - I know your penchant for arriving late & leaving early...).

i ordered some magnum from the yobmeister this week and it's 11.7

But the other natch I've split reads 13.8 ;)

(pretty sure anyway)

If you say you want a kilo, I'll put it aside, if we don't need it all, bonus Hops for Wayne

It doesn't HAVE to be Magnum, it was simply an efficient neutral bittering I was thinking we could use.

Yob, if you've got anything else in the bittering-department that you want to move-on, it's all good, just call-it.

MartinOC said:
OK, if you two guys contribute that lot (DJ - can you confirm the type/EBC & amount of dark Crystal you've got available) & I up it to 150Kg of Pearl, we're in the ballpark of around 1070 & 20 EBC.

I'll rummage around in the freezer for bittering hops & see what I come up with.
2kg Simpsons Dark Crystal EBC 200-230

MartinOC said:
It doesn't HAVE to be Magnum, it was simply an efficient neutral bittering I was thinking we could use.

Yob, if you've got anything else in the bittering-department that you want to move-on, it's all good, just call-it.
Dr rudi?

Maybe for one of these we could do a "pot luck" brew - where everyone just brings whatever they have spare and want to use up.
Obviously would need to notify/limit the use of rye, oats & wheat.
It's certainly be a unique result!

Yob said:
Can-do. Got an AA% to work-with?

Edit: Who's going to milk the Stag this time? Mardoo & I did it last time & I can assure you, heavy-duty rubber gloves (& a few girlie-magazines are required to get the desired outcome.... :ph34r: ).

So the stag is why we're bringin the wet weather gear ..... ahh huh ... got it.

(Reminder to self: get vacinations updated Monday)

And what noone thought of bring a blender this year for foam cap? I mean hell I can throw in the planetary mixer if the kids dristract their mother long enough!

Nah, mate - Brewbrite.

B&T's last swap recipe called for about half a kg of the stuff & it was a royal PITA to prep. After much fluffing-around, I just stuck my hand in the container & broke-down all the clumps bit by bit over about half an hour.

Mardoo took the photo's, whilst I tried to stop pissing myself at his relentless Stag-Semen references.

Alcohol was involved....... :chug:

MartinOC said:
Nah, mate - Brewbrite.

B&T's last swap recipe called for about half a kg of the stuff & it was a royal PITA to prep. After much fluffing-around, I just stuck my hand in the container & broke-down all the clumps bit by bit over about half an hour.

Mardoo took the photo's, whilst I tried to stop pissing myself at his relentless Stag-Semen references.

Alcohol was involved....... :chug:
So... whirlfloc this time?

kunfaced said:
i've got 20kg of JW crystal i need to use up
5Kg of your finest, please. Can you confirm the EBC on it (or at least the type)?

Thanks, Yob.

750g @ 11.3% will get us nudging 40 IBU's.

Back