2016 Vic Grain Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DJ_L3ThAL said:
Sorry for the hijack, but thought this may help some...

Anyone after 15L buckets (three of these will hold a full sack), 3 for $5. Please get in touch asap so I can organise them prior (can bring to the collection day or organise collection before if preferred). Would be a good idea to bring a large plastic bag to line the inside as they are simply hot rinsed after use and have had jam in them. A simple soak in Perc brings them up new once you get them home. I stored my grain without a liner in cleaned buckets and they are perfect, lids seal great.

Original thread and photos here http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/85820-cubes-buckets-no-chill-grain-storage-melbourne/
I'm good for buckets... do you have any of the 20L cubes any more, or just the lil' ones?

I forgot to say, I'll be bringing my 40kg set of scales with me on the day too. Assuming they arrive from ebay in time that is.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Sorry for the hijack, but thought this may help some...

Anyone after 15L buckets (three of these will hold a full sack), 3 for $5. Please get in touch asap so I can organise them prior (can bring to the collection day or organise collection before if preferred). Would be a good idea to bring a large plastic bag to line the inside as they are simply hot rinsed after use and have had jam in them. A simple soak in Perc brings them up new once you get them home. I stored my grain without a liner in cleaned buckets and they are perfect, lids seal great.

Original thread and photos here http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/85820-cubes-buckets-no-chill-grain-storage-melbourne/
PMd

mofox1 said:
I'm good for buckets... do you have any of the 20L cubes any more, or just the lil' ones?
Just the 12L jobs sorry mate! Save your back, go smaller cubes hehe

This is weird! I'm not getting any notifications of updates on this thread..

BULK-BUY PICKUP SPECIAL!!

On the day of the Melbourne grains BB pickup, we're doing a blanket 10% off everything in store (ahem! Warehouse..).

Anyone participating in the pick-up can avail themselves (I was thinking to restrict it to BB participants only, but there's going to be a lot of extra hands doing work on the day, so it's OPEN).

If you're thinking of buying anything, please create a customer A/C on the website in advance to speed-up the process, since things are likely to be frantic on the day. http://cleverbrewing.com.au/

We got a shipment from Whitelabs yeast in last week, so most things are ultra-fresh.

Please bring scales/bags/buckets for your splits. I'll provide my own set of scales & a few buckets (courtesy of DJ*&^%$L), but the responsibility is yours to get this sorted-out.
Slainte!

Martin

Registered! There is a certain stir plate that has my name on it! Seriously can you put my name on it? :D

Hi Martin

Is there a coupon code or something for the website?

I was thinking of getting a few other things and though it may be better to order and pay online rather that stuff about with cards on the day.

Hi Guys,

For obvious reasons, I'm not going to reveal a 10% discount coupon code on a public forum. There's also a couple of things I need to manipulate on our system from my end to stop orders being charged shipping (when you'll obviously be picking-up).

If you know what you want in advance, send me an email - [email protected] with a list & I'll create the order from my end with appropriate discounts & put it on "Hold" until the day. I'll give you a call to fleece your card over the phone. Then you're locked-in.

One thing I didn't mention above is that all purchases on the day must be made via plastic, as there is NO CASH.

Cheers!

Martin

For those of you who actually sleep at night, you may have missed this: http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/90782-vic-sodium-perc-2016/

There will probably be splits available on the day if you want to go cruising for baggies of white powder from unscrupulous men in mini-skirts & low-cut tops (Cocko's not coming is he??).

EDIT: UPDATE!! Due to Yob's poor maths (it's his thumb, you know - gets all discombobulated when it's not calibrated properly), the Perc. BB has been reopened to clear another 20 bags (or as many as we can), since we need to order 1MT (40 bags) to get the best available price.

Just remembered I put myself down for a box of LDME, did that end up going ahead? If so is the price figured out yet?

Clever Brewing Bloke said:
One thing I didn't mention above is that all purchases on the day must be made via plastic, as there is NO CASH.
i have to operate in a "covert" manner, this does not help my mission!

MartinOC said:
For those of you who actually sleep at night, you may have missed this: http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/90782-vic-sodium-perc-2016/

There will probably be splits available on the day if you want to go cruising for baggies of white powder from unscrupulous men in mini-skirts & low-cut tops (Cocko's not coming is he??).

EDIT: UPDATE!! Due to Yob's poor maths (it's his thumb, you know - gets all discombobulated when it's not calibrated properly), the Perc. BB has been reopened to clear another 20 bags (or as many as we can), since we need to order 1MT (40 bags) to get the best available price.
it's not my fault.. I was sober

MartinOC said:
if you want to go cruising for baggies of white powder from unscrupulous men in mini-skirts & low-cut tops.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1461903410.360767.jpg

nosco said:
Registered! There is a certain stir plate that has my name on it! Seriously can you put my name on it? :D
Shoot me an email & I'll fix you up for it.

eldertaco said:
Just remembered I put myself down for a box of LDME, did that end up going ahead? If so is the price figured out yet?
Yep, we've got the ordered 6 boxes in right now. Price-point has been lost in the flurry of recent email conversations between myself & the boss. Somewhere $120-$130. TBC.

droid said:
i have to operate in a "covert" manner, this does not help my mission!
You're obviously not applying enough camouflage to your operations. It might need a deception plan (like another credit card used only for beery-purchases, with the statements being sent to a mate's place?). No direct suggestion from me, of course..... :ph34r:

Yob said:
it's not my fault.. I was sober
It's DEFINITELY your fault you were sober. You need to put-in some serious work on this short-falling of yours.

With practice, you will improve.

Mardoo said:
That looks NOTHING like Cocko! - his eye makeup is much more subtle & highlights his high cheekbones & smokey eyes.... B)

I said to my wife this morning "do you know whats happening next weekend!?"
" yeah Mothers Day"
"Yeah....thats it".
Didnt know if she was serious or messing with me. Probably both. I didnt mention it again.

****...Mother's Day ?!

I may be in the doghouse after this bulk buy. I now know why Yob and Cam are busy !

Back