2016 NSW Mid Year Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so we are currently at 22. thats a good number.
now we wait for the drop outs and no shows.

Updating this as my oatmeal stout needs some work.

1 pratty1 - Chocolate Vanilla Porter - US05 yeast
2 contrarian - wet hopped IIPA
3 barls - belgian dark strong/ dubbel ( its too strong to be a dubbel and on the bottom end of a dark strong.)
4 mikeyr - John West IPA V12 - 12 months refinement and it can now strip paint!
5 paulyman - Tooths 1917 Crystal Ale (Pg 281 Bronzed Brews)
6 n87 - likely IPA of some sort
7 Reman - Rye Bock
8 DJR - Kolsch (Plan B is some kind of big pale ale)
9 welly2 - English Best Bitter
10 Josh - Red IPA
11 marksy - India Pale Lager
12 shacked - Belgian pale ale - WLP530
13 Cortez - Oaked Strong Ale
14 Gr390ry - Red Rye IPA
15 mattfos01 - Belgian Golden Strong WLP570 Belgian Golden Ale yeast
16 Waggastew - Schwarzbier (Gordon Strong - Modern HB Recipes)
17 Les the Weizguy - something to showcase the Munich Lager II yeast [PC - W2352] - Kellerbier (o.g. 1.053)
18 Clayton
19 yum beer - Arrogant ******* attempted clone
20 Fatgodzilla - Woolies Homebrand lager,kg of Homebrand sugar and yeast cultivated from my beard
21 Peter80 - Hobgoblinish clone West Yorkshire 1469
22 Gone Brewing - Dubbel
23 n87 - Oaked Baltic Porter - W-34/70

barls said:
despite all the planning, looks like ill be dropping mine off early as i can't go due to the wife organising something and not telling me.
damn, ill drop off mine with some side swaps and something smoked to nibble on.
That's a bugger, have to have an early tasting session!

My punt is 20 in the final count, should run a sweep! :lol:

we should my guess is around 18.
put one of mine in the fridge tonight to see how its traveling carbonation wise.
to give me a rough idea when its good to drink.

Slight problem for my choc vanilla porter, after three weeks bottle conditioning I opened one to check carbonation and flavour......no carbonation..FM.

I figured out what went wrong with the bottling and wont go into details.

Anyway, I opened one today and dropped a coopers pellet in and recapped it with a new cap.....fingers crossed that works.

I will check it in 2 weeks and if its carbonated the rest of them will get the same treatment. Hope it works cos I'm looking forward to trying the swap beers.

Shit! I better start fermenting mine, it's sitting happily in a cube at the moment. I'll order some yeast this week, I think this one needs a decent yeast to keep it as close to historically accurate as possible. I guess when it probably needs six months in the bottle what is an extra couple of weeks right?

I did extra of mine but some bugger keeps drinking it!

Image00001.jpg

paulyman said:
Shit! I better start fermenting mine, it's sitting happily in a cube at the moment. I'll order some yeast this week, I think this one needs a decent yeast to keep it as close to historically accurate as possible. I guess when it probably needs six months in the bottle what is an extra couple of weeks right?
Mate, I've got some second gen 001, 002, 013, 530 and a pack of notto if you need yeast ASAP. I'll be back from Fiji late tonight, so you can drop in tomorrow with a sanitized container.

That sounds awesome mate. 013 would be perfect. I'll bring round a bottle of my Iron Brewer Brett beer for you.

Working on the 11th, but if I can drop the beers off that week leading up please.

I came home from holiday last night and cracked a Belgian pale to test for carbonation. It was a gusher. I opened another 4 bottles and found 2 more gushers and 2 completely flat. I think I must have had an issue with my priming sugar solution not mixing in properly; it's been a while since I bottled a brew.

So after an export stout that stalled at 1.026 (turned out to be pretty good on tap) and a dodgy bulk prime on the Belgian pale, I'm now pitching some notto into an English IPA. Hopefully third time is a charm.

The Belgian is the first brew I'm going to tip in over 60 batches.

English IPA
94.5% Gladfield Ale
4% Muntons Crystal 60
1.5% Castle Aromatic

OG: 1.060

Challenger at 60m and 5m, Northdown in the cube for 50IBU total. Will dry hop with Northdown and probably either EKG or Styrians.

---

3 barls - belgian dark strong/ dubbel ( its too strong to be a dubbel and on the bottom end of a dark strong.)
6 n87 - likely IPA of some sort
7 Reman - Rye Bock
10 Josh - Red IPA
12 shacked - English IPA
14 Gr390ry - Red Rye IPA
17 Les the Weizguy - something to showcase the Munich Lager II yeast [PC - W2352] - Kellerbier (o.g. 1.053)
18 Clayton
20 Fatgodzilla - Woolies Homebrand lager,kg of Homebrand sugar and yeast cultivated from my beard
22 Gone Brewing - Dubbel

Just bottled the wet hopped IIPA this afternoon and used a carbonator cap to give it a taste. Seems ok so far so hopefully the natural carbonation does it no harm!

Cracked an Arrogant ******* clone last night, not fully carbed I think, lid eemed to pop off too easy......
anyway tasted good, hops not as bitter or pronounced as expected but happy enough, may have been an issue with the lid leaking so hoping a few more weeks will see the rest come up good.

pm sent with contact phone number.
Kellerbier still not bottled, but soon. Beer still in lagering fridge in SS Brew bucket. Decided not to go with the oak flavour
May not be drinking much, as I have to drive home after, but will do my best to bring a small keg of Schwarzbier to share (also using the Munich lager II yeast), Should be ready in time - currently down to 1.0221 from original 1.046).

Are you right for kegs Mike?
I should be able to bring a DSGA if required to bolster stocks.

Just finished bottling my batch. I hope a few drop out because there'll be none for me otherwise! I only just, by the skin of my teeth, filled the required amount of bottles.

That's not true, I hope no one drops out. (Honest).

6 n87 - Heady Topper clone - 1056
7 Reman - Rye Bock
10 Josh - Red IPA
12 shacked - English IPA
14 Gr390ry - Red Rye IPA
18 Clayton
22 Gone Brewing - Dubbel

Latest posts

Back