2016 NSW Mid Year Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
barls said:
so how many are side swapping?

For you case swap virgins, if you have leftovers or even some other brews, we swap around these bottles AFTER the main swap.

Ignore Barls' beers, all have signs of infections. :icon_vomit:

Actually, bringing you up lacto of some sort from Sponge - got third in the recent IBU infected beer comp.

The beers are gathering........ I have 5 already lined up!

Still haven't had a few peoples names for the tasting notes list ...... if you don't PM me ..... I'll just make em up!

If anyone is planning on bringing "tasting kegs" i'd appreciate it if someone could bring a picnic tap. I have gas, but may run out of time McGivering a tap! OR we do it on the day!!!

As mentioned before, I'm going to provide some pulled pork and coleslaw rolls, if anyone has additional food requirements ...... BYO goat!

Cheers

Mikey

Mikeyr said:
BYO goat!
don't worry fatz normally brings himself, but doesn't like to be reminded that he's an old goat.
if someones there when i drop off ill leave some smoked cheddar.

Let the record show I have milk crates this year.

Pratty1 said:
let the record show that I've packed fatz a dragon fruit gose.
:D :D :D :D
because he loves a fruit beer.

Pratty1 said:
Let the records show that i have yet again defied tradition!
and proud of it B)

its only wafer thin!!!!!

how about a parrot?
I'm searching for the grail, but have been sent for a shrubbery

As long as no one brings their pointed stick... or says Jehovah.

Minor change as my version using 1469 has not carbed up the way I would like so will be putting in a version using Windsor. Everything else stays the same.

1 pratty1 - Chocolate Vanilla Porter - US05 yeast
2 contrarian - wet hopped IIPA
3 barls - belgian dark strong/ dubbel ( its too strong to be a dubbel and on the bottom end of a dark strong.) ready but could do with some age for complexity
4 mikeyr - John West IPA V12 - 12 months refinement and it can now strip paint!
5 paulyman - Tooths 1917 Crystal Ale (Pg 281 Bronzed Brews)
6 n87 - Heady Topper clone - 1056
7 Reman - Rye Bock
8 DJR - Kolsch
9 welly2 - English Best Bitter
11 marksy - India Pale Lager
12 shacked - English IPA
13 Cortez - Oaked Strong Ale
14 Gr390ry - Red Rye IPA
15 mattfos01 - Belgian Golden Strong WLP570 Belgian Golden Ale yeast
16 Waggastew - Schwarzbier (Gordon Strong - Modern HB Recipes)
17 Les the Weizguy - something to showcase the Munich Lager II yeast [PC - W2352] - Kellerbier (o.g. 1.053)
18 Clayton
19 yum beer - Arrogant ******* attempted clone
20 Fatgodzilla - Woolies Homebrand lager,kg of Homebrand sugar and yeast cultivated from my beard
21 Peter80 - Hobgoblinish clone Windsor
22 Gone Brewing - Dubbel
23 n87 - Oaked Baltic Porter - W-34/70

you know the swap is tomorrow dont you?
I have heard of a brew being ready in 7 days... but i think 20 hours is cutting it fine :p

Bottling now... Got my counter pressure filler sorted thanks to some helpful AHB members and the LHBS. This thing is awesome! From bottling to Kegs and back again.

Official count 21.

However Cameron has not entered a beer so it. May be 20, leftovers or extras for the host

Ha. Thats why I brewed 2 versions n87. 1 as a back up in case I stuffed up.

Pratty1 said:
Official count 21.

However Cameron has not entered a beer so it. May be 20, leftovers or extras for the host
Good, I only brewed a small batch, and may have tasted a few along the way, ending up with a bit over 17 litres.

Will bring a Junior Plus keg - 10.4 litres (minus my sampler tonight) of Schwarzbier, connector and a Pluto gun.

1 pratty1 - Chocolate Vanilla Porter - US05 yeast
2 contrarian - wet hopped IIPA
3 barls - belgian dark strong/ dubbel ( its too strong to be a dubbel and on the bottom end of a dark strong.)
4 mikeyr - John West IPA V12 - 12 months refinement and it can now strip paint!
5 paulyman - Tooths 1917 Crystal Ale (Pg 281 Bronzed Brews)
6 n87 - Heady Topper clone - 1056
7 Reman - Rye Bock
8 DJR - Kolsch (Plan B is some kind of big pale ale)
9 welly2 - English Best Bitter
10 Josh - Red IPA
11 marksy - India Pale Lager
12 shacked - English IPA
13 Cortez - Oaked Strong Ale
14 Gr390ry - Red Rye IPA
15 mattfos01 - Belgian Golden Strong WLP570 Belgian Golden Ale yeast
16 Waggastew - Schwarzbier (Gordon Strong - Modern HB Recipes)
17 Les the Weizguy - something to showcase the Munich Lager II yeast [PC - W2352] - Kellerbier (o.g. 1.053)
18 Clayton - Stern IPA - details on post # 161
19 yum beer - Arrogant ******* attempted clone
20 Fatgodzilla - Woolies Homebrand lager,kg of Homebrand sugar and yeast cultivated from my beard
21 Peter80 - Hobgoblinish clone West Yorkshire 1469
22 Gone Brewing - Dubbel
23 n87 - Oaked Baltic Porter - W-34/70

Hey Fellas,

I went for a home grown hopped IIPA.
Gladfield's malt's reccomended IPA grain bill, with 45 IBU bittering, and 16 g/l dried homegrowns (500g into 30 litres) at flameout.
Managed to overshoot my target OG by 15 points, and when i tasted it mid ferment, was decidedly weak on the hop front. So i did an "argon' with an extra 2.5g/l each of chinook and nelson sauvin 5 min boil, and same again as a dry hop.
So much for the homegrown flavour, but it had to be done.
US05, (25litre golden ale starter), was happy enough with the ferment, although hoping for slightly drier. OG 1.088 FG 1.013. 10%
Been in the bottle for about 3 weeks now, so best drunk ASAP.
Cheers, Clayton.

i dropped mine off earlier today.
remember all to number on the cap as it makes the swap easier.
have fun all but not too much fatz.

barls said:
why not the isb already do in this
plus my beer is already finished fermenting.unless i taste it and decide screw the lot of you its too good to share.
Obviously , the beer was considered NOT too good for us.

Reman said:
Very tempting to put down the name twice, most of beers in the last were superb and if not superb then excellent. About three quarters of them I would have loved to have an extra bottle!
Isn't that why we share the recipes? To allow the beer to be replicated at our own breweries?

Pratty1 said:
Official count 21.

Back to 22, with Clayton's late and triumphant entry (2 posts above).

Hitting the road in 5...

Latest posts

Back