Mid year NSW Case Swap 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is around the 5%. I don't have the numbers with me

Thats cool.

ill print them out this arvo, after that, they can all be written in by hand. hopefully most of the blank spots are people coming round for lunch

Is anyone caffeine sensitive?

Tastes good but I feel like a freakin hummingbird.

i am. but ill survive.
10 mls of cola is all i need to get the shakes.

Should be able to squeeze a few out without coffee out if you prefer.

Ive been tasting coffee all day. And usually cut myself off at 12. Plus the coffee beer tonight has tipped me over some kind of limit.
Probably like 2 or 3 coffees in a longneck. So its either a sharing beer, a breakfast beer or a 'fire up' beer.

Mrs topher has politley suggested i need more (normal) beer to calm down.

EDIT: That's 12 o'clock...not 12 coffees.

ill survive. on the upside you will get a decent feed back on it.

Sweet. The base beer isn't bad....but a little too acrid and roasty for me. Thats the idea of the coffee, tone it down and round it off.

The beersmith profile was "The English Extra Special Strong Bitter"
Alc% = Est 5.5
IBU = Est 43
EBC = Est 25

Ready to drink now, it has been bottled for almost 1 month.

I find with all my Long necks, they are best left in the fridge for a minimum of 3 days prior to drinking. I find it really helps bring the flavors out, as opposed to putting them in the fridge the day of wanting to drink.

I also added to the case swap the following for side swaps or drinking on the day:

#30 - Stout x 3 (my oatmeal stout minus the oats)
#33 - Left of Pale Ale x 2 (made from all the left over ingredients I had, Nelson Sav hops in there)
#34 - Tim Taylor Land Lord Clone x 3 (really bloody tasty - but needs the time in the fridge for max malty goodness, excellent head)

Im away with work all weekend, it would have been great to catch up and put a face to all the names. Next time I am requesting the day off, it sounds like its gonna be a ripper!

Thanks to Barls for hosting and letting me drop my case swap over early in the week too!

Enjoy!

Cheers.

Marksy.

Add this to your print outs:
14. Josh - White Milk Stout (of sorts) - 5.5% - RTD 20 July

1. Pratty1 - Robust Porter - RTD August 14th
2. Hou5eCat - Hop Gobbler ESB
3. MikeyR - John West IPA (it's a chinook)
6. Masters- Lager
7. Marksy - ESB
9. Topher - Stout with cold drip coffee (my own roast).
10.Paulyman - Pale Ale
11.reman - Hefeweizen - RTD Immediately! - recipe http://beersmithreci...py-hefeweizen-2
12. Skb - Choc Chili Stout 6.8% - RTD now
13. barls - smoked brown - RTD 14 aug
14. Josh - White Milk Stout (of sorts) - 5.5% - RTD 20 July
15. n87 - Schwartz Vienna Lager - 4.5% - RTD Aug 1st
16. Cortez - Oaked RIS - 8.3% - RTD - Recipe http://hyperfox.info...grain01.htm#162
17. Digety - Tawny Port soaked Oak RIS - 9.2% - RTD (although it won't hurt to age it a bit)
18. Contrarian - APA with galaxy and home grown cascade flowers
19. Fatgodzilla - Dark Bitter - RTD July 15th
20. mb-squared - Equinox/Mosaic IPA, 7.03%, RTD today
21. Hobospy - Innis & Gunn Clone

Total 18 beers (17 swap + 1 for host = 18 each)

I've toned the coffee beer down. It gave me funny dreams and Mrs Topher said I was a bit of a sex pest so I'm not to combine that much coffee and beer again.

I Halved the dose.

Topher said:
I've toned the coffee beer down. It gave me funny dreams and Mrs Topher said I was a bit of a sex pest so I'm not to combine that much coffee and beer again.

I Halved the dose.
lol
thats funny but were you more of one than normal is the big question
ok I've got the ribs from masters and ill put them on when i get up in the morning so they will hopefully be done around 12-1.
I've got the onions in the urn pre cooking. I've got chicken thigh I've got to cut up and put in the marinade.
kegs are all good but will check them again in a sec.
that only leaves the gas bottle and making a potato bake in the morning.

Missed the labelling bit:

10. Paulyman - Zythos/Mosaic APA - est 5% ABV - RTD Now.

Guys have a great day wish I was joining but dropped beers off a week ago and get back from overseas on Sunday so miss by a day !!

ribs are on.
see you all in a few hours.

My eta is about 1pm. Quick gday, swap, then i gotta head back.

SHIT! LATE CHANGE: My scales must be stuffed. The keg blew 13 bottles in. Some campers are going to have to take a bottle conditioned IPA made with 100% weyerman Munich1 and chinook and citra. 6%

Back