2013 Melb Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am local and keen to get involved but have no idea how these things work. I do biab and am very keen to see other ways of brewing.
I'm sorry if these are stupid questions, but here they are:
How many bottles are needed for the case swap?
Long necks or stubbies?
Can I help out with ingredients and come home with a full cube?

24-28 long neck..hopefully tried and tested

I would love a dark beer..porter or stout :) .. but I know summer in coming ... then Id be more fir a light honey wheat??/hefe or something similar..personal preference..

mind u might be nice to try something CrAzzzY !! :icon_drool2: :beerbang:

Grainer said:
I would love a dark beer..porter or stout :) .. but I know summer in coming ... then Id be more fir a light honey wheat??/hefe or something similar..personal preference..

mind u might be nice to try something CrAzzzY !! :icon_drool2: :beerbang:
stout was done at the last swap... I thought we were going for the P.Elder Clone?

What was the date? The Melbourne Brewers club Christmas boozup gathering is around then... please dont make me choose :(

I only brew 10 litres of packaged beer per brew, would it be an issue if I contributed 2 different batches to the swap? Subject to SWMBO clearance of course, but I'd really like to head along.

The swap will be on the following Saturday. !4th of December Bum. Just broke my wrist teaching daughter to skate on Friday so I cant type much. I think two separate batches is fine pedlyr. I also think the Pliny is decided. Once we get numbers, we can scale the recipe to suit. I am now off work until the event so will be able to organise it a fair bit better. But typing will be slow.

djar007 said:
Is that ok manticle? Two of the same should be ok right?
Absolutely.

Two different ones is unconventional but any case swap rules should be up to the individual swappers to work out. Usually same beer so everyone can enjoy and critique the same thing but nothing to say it all needs to be done at once.

Putting your best foot forward is number one rule in my book.

Yob said:
Ive not tried this beer, I think Bum brewed it not long back so perhaps he has some insights?
Done it twice. Absolute cracker of a beer but one that needs chilling, IMO. I've brewed it twice - once with no-chill (altered to include cube hopping) and once with a plate chiller. Both were good but the chilled was the best beer I've made.

1. Grumpy Paul
2. RelaxedBrewer- 20L cube
3.Djar007- ( Kolsch or Belgian Pale for swap) 1 x 17 litre cube
4. Midnight Brew
5. JD(W81) - Most likely a hefeweizen or APA.

1: Yob: 20 ltCube
2. Manticle: 15 - 20 L cube
3. Grainer 20lt cube
4. Charst 20L Cube
5. Techobabble66-2 x 10 lt cubes

Running total = 120lt

:excl: Copied most up to date list and removed DU99

Hoping to have something in the bottle by then so tentative on swapping. won't chuck name in unless I can

G'day All

Never been to one of these either but the chance to see some experienced brewers in action and taste some of their wares sounds too good to pass up, so count me in. I'd also like a cube of this fancy beer that's being put together if I'm not too late.

1. Grumpy Paul
4. Midnight Brew
6.Lmccrone

3. Grainer 20lt cube
4. Charst 20L Cube
6. Lmccrone: 20 L cube

Sorry guys - I am going to have to pull out.

There is no way I am going to get a chance to brew something up in time.

I have my daughters wedding on 17/11 and then my sons wedding 3 weeks after that on 7/12.

At the moment all our spare time is tied up in planning and gettng ready for 2 weddings in a 3 week period.

At them moment brewing for the swap would be biting off more than I can chew.

Sorry...

GrumpyPaul

lmccrone said:
4. Midnight Brew
6.Lmccrone

3. Grainer 20lt cube
4. Charst 20L Cube
6. Lmccrone: 20 L cube

Back