2010 Adelaide and Mildura Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a 33L & a 44L esky both full of longnecks as well as 16 dozen in cartons, random bottles lying around, several dozen full & 3 empty cornies. I definately want to keep some but really don't need that many now that I have kegs (especially using the Jayse method of kegging).

I'm thinking I'll brew an APA because that's the beer that got me back into homebrew & showed me how delicious homebrew can be with a bit of effort & some better ingredients. I'll have kegs of whatever is kegged at the time. I'm not sure how many womenfolk are likely to come but Mrs Hatchy doesn't mind a cider or a ranga. I was thinking about dedicating a keg to something she could drink although I'm not sure if she's decided whether she wants to be here or not.

All,

I will be in the St Marys area late tomorrow arvo. ( 5.30ish) I have quite a ship load of "clean unused" stubbies to give away. Maybe a 60-70 at a guess. If anyone wants them, pm me for my number. I will not do drop offs but will meet at the place I am going to. If no-one wants them.........

Cheers
BYB

G'day All,

Is anyone intending on bringing yeast (slants) along to the case swap?
Or is it a given thing that people bring along yeast samples to swaps?

Unfortunately, I only have Wy1214 Abbey as anything of note to swap
(also have slants of Saflager-23 & Coopers Premium Ale should anyone
be interested) so would be open to swapping bottles of a Belgian 3-can
I plan on bringing along for yeast strains.

Tom.

Got my case swap beer in the fermenter right now. Will be brewing something else in the next week or so to bring along - or maybe to swap instead of the 10 min IPA...some wierd kind of film thing got into the fermenter whilst chilling (would have had to have either come from the kettle or from the plate chiller). Strange because the plate chiller had starsan sitting in it, got a soak of PBW on the day and then starsan before I used it. Well fingers crossed...

I'm brewing this weekend so should have my swap beer fermenting shortly. For any of the blokes who want to see AG brewing then this weekend may be better than brewing on swap day. We're looking to get through 2 batches on Saturday & another 1 Sunday morning before heading over to the Wheaty. If anyone's keen feel free to flick me a PM.

All here in an Article.

I think Hatchy lives a bit West of the City. I would assume address would be released for a short time before the event.

I was going to put my address on the article but thought that putting my address on a public website may not be the best idea. I can either update the article a couple of weeks before the swap or send PMs to everyone that's coming.

In unrelated news, I picked up a whole heap of grain today as well as the fittings for my temporary kettle so unless something drastic happens between now & Saturday morning there will be brewing happening this weekend. I don't know if anyone cares about the afl but I can probably get a telly outside if anyone's keen to head around but wants to watch the gf.

I was going to put my address on the article but thought that putting my address on a public website may not be the best idea. I can either update the article a couple of weeks before the swap or send PMs to everyone that's coming.
Maybe just put the suburb on the Article for now Hatchy, and PM the week before. This way people can start to plan logistics for transport and accommodation etc.

I'm at Marleston. I was going to update the article but it doesn't look feasible on my phone. It looked more like I was going to delete everything that's there.

Yep, still got spare longnecks. I can do a dozen easy.
Thanks mate, I might even try to come and grab them this weekend. Can you PM me your address and maybe a phone number?
Cheers, Holty.

Hey Hatchy If you have another spare set of largies that I can snatch that would be awesome. If so give them to Holty, if not hopefully someone else has some.

Holty, If you don't mind doing me a favour and if Hatch has some extras can you grab them when you grab yours and bring them to basketball sometime or I can swing by your place and grab them...

Cheers, Pok

any idea if there's gonna be many shielas there Hatchy? I'll leave the missus home iff n ot. I can spare a coupla dozen Coopers longnecks if anyone needs them.

As far as I know she'll be there & I'll keg either a cider or a ginger beer for her for the day. She's not too keen on the IPA that Jayse & I brewed.

I'm pitching the starter for my swap beer tonight unless something goes horribly wrong while I'm at work. Who wants to help me bottle it in a few weeks?

Its only about 5 weeks away now! Note to self: Time to get brewing! Plan is to brew a 70 Shilling and a Brown Ale this weekend, now that the RIMS is firing.

Case swap will be one of those depending on sampling tasters... :icon_drunk:

Is Mrs Raven likely to be keen to attend? It looks like the attendance of womenfolk may be dependant on whether other womenfolk are attending.

Is Mrs Raven likely to be keen to attend? It looks like the attendance of womenfolk may be dependant on whether other womenfolk are attending.

Jasmin says she will only come if other girls will be there.

Latest posts

Back