2010 Adelaide and Mildura Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did i come across this thread so LATE!? :( anyway sounds like a BLAST! i put my name on the back up list! Getting my kegs next week! (For my Birthday) :D and making my first AG in the next two weeks! :icon_drool2:

How did i come across this thread so LATE!? :( anyway sounds like a BLAST! i put my name on the back up list! Getting my kegs next week! (For my Birthday) :D and making my first AG in the next two weeks! :icon_drool2:
I'm even later to add myself to the backup list.

Also proposing that maybe people on the backup list could form a second swap group?

Will also bring some yeast slants for swapping.

Tom.

It would be prudent for the first few people on the backup list to plan a suitable brew, as historically we lose one or three brewers prior to the swap - even on the actual day!

Then again I could be proved wrong :icon_cheers:

Probably prudent for the bloke hosting the thing to plan a brew as well, I've got wedding beer to ferment 1st though.

My guess is that anyone not on the list of swappers will probably be able to find someone to drink their beer & some beer to drink.

I got yr PM Malty but it's easier to reply here than in a PM (stupid phone). If you have a swag I'll have a spot for you, if you have a wagon or a van then sleeping in the car is an option if you prefer.

Hey fellas,
My next two planned brews were going to be lower alcohol beers.
Would anyone be upset if i supplied a low alcohol beer? Say 3-4%.

Im more than happy to brew something of more average strength first, and then continue with the lower alc beers.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Al

I'm happy to brew something over 8% to compensate if you want. I don't think it's specified anywhere what can & can't be brewed. I'm not concerned about alc as long as it's got flavor.

Hey fellas,

Im more than happy to brew something of more average strength first, and then continue with the lower alc beers.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Al

low alc is a winner in my book. well made beer is good regardless of alcohol strength

I got yr PM Malty but it's easier to reply here than in a PM (stupid phone). If you have a swag I'll have a spot for you, if you have a wagon or a van then sleeping in the car is an option if you prefer.
Thanks Hatchy, I've been known to be a bit of a volcanic snorer (and beer,
lots of beer, would just add fuel to the fire) so being isolated in a car might
not be a bad idea.

Hey fellas,

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Al

No problem with low ABV although i wouldn't classify 4% as low...... :icon_cheers:

No worries,
Lightish American Amber Ale it is. Probably around 3.5% depending on attenuation.

It should have enough oompf to it, but if it turns out otherwise, ill come up with a plan B.

The reason i asked is that earlier in the thread people were talking about IIPAs and other bigger beers, and i didnt want to disappoint.
Since then havent been following this thread, so didnt have a feel for it.

Cheers guys.

I think there is at least a couple brewers here totally over the 'don't walk, don't run and don't question the authority' as such believe you can make any quilt you like, use whatever materials and colours you like for this, maybe just short of making it out of grandpa's gardening pants :icon_cheers:

I have some brewery fresh carlton draught on order ready for the swap. are we doing cans, stubbies/echos or tallies?

I think there is at least a couple brewers here totally over the 'don't walk, don't run and don't question the authority' as such believe you can make any quilt you like, use whatever materials and colours you like for this, maybe just short of making it out of grandpa's gardening pants :icon_cheers:

jayse..........it's how it should be. It's ******* UFC rules...no punches to the back, no bottle bombs, no punches to the groin, no faking etc....just brew what you want to be known for.

as such believe you can make any quilt you like, use whatever materials and colours you like for this, maybe just short of making it out of grandpa's gardening pants :icon_cheers:

:lol: I'll make a grandma's throw rug then

BYB

edit: I Should not reply whilst enjoying far to many quilts.

I have some brewery fresh carlton draught on order ready for the swap. are we doing cans, stubbies/echos or tallies?

You may be swapping alone with that 'beer' fella. ;)

I've been practicing soldering closed used cans for resuse with home brew. So I will put my hand up for cans.

If you'd prefer empty cans instead of carlton draught cans then I reckon I've got some.

I think I managed to derail the thread there for a minute, not sure how to put it back onto the track so carry on.

I think I managed to derail the thread there for a minute, not sure how to put it back onto the track so carry on.
Your quilting metaphors amuse me Jayse, still thinking about them from the Wheaty a couple of weeks ago.
Keep it up, my brain needs the exercise! :icon_cheers:
Cheers
Nige

Back