2009 Nsw Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whooohahahahaha ... foolish mortal.

I think that the current plan is to build a jury-rigged Tarago-like vehicle from beer-filled milk crates, office chairs and ockey straps to get us safely out to Thommo's and back via the M4. Your beer will probably come in handy Alex.

If you boys are planning on stacking crates in Andy's poor car I'll offer some of the boot space/back seat/front seat of the magna.....

There will only be me and little one in the car.

Is there any chance you could send your case along with someone local? that way those of us who have to leave early are able to do so with a full case...
Muggus has pre arranged to drop his beers off early so no worries there RestsamHsam.

If others wish to do this I'm home tomorrow night and Friday night.

Cheers,
Thommo.

Muggus has pre arranged to drop his beers off early so no worries there RestsamHsam.

Cheers,
Thommo.

Awesome.. That worked out well :icon_cheers:

Cheers,
Thommo.
I'll be there tonight Thommo.

I only bottled my beer last night. But in fairness, I did only arrive back in the country on 21 Oct.

It's a Summer Ale and should be ready by 16 Dec. Wiki updated.

Thommo,

Do you mind if I drop off my bottles at about 9am on Saturday? And then pickup sometime on Sunday?

Just trying to fit it in around a brewday that I am going to.

Let me know

Matt

I'm now free from the little one, the inlaws who are having her over on Friday night have agreed to not drop her off until around 4pm, which means they won't be here till 5pm (they have NO concept of time)...

As such I'll be there at 10am, now to check that list and see what I should bring.....

Not much to offer in terms of other beers for sampling though, unless I bring a keg.

Do you mind if I drop off my bottles at about 9am on Saturday? And then pickup sometime on Sunday? Just trying to fit it in around a brewday that I am going to.
Matt

Talk about leaving yourself open to a comment from the self confessed case swap beer nazi young Matt !!

WTF ?

Remember when the NSW case swaps were reverred and honoured. The highlight of many brewers year. The chance not just to exchange beer but to talk beer and brewing and other good things with your brew brothers. Now we are merely second fiddle to a brew day. I ask you ... where is the love ???

Right, let's get this swap done. Warning, we must breath life back into a case swap. It will be a major social event as of 2010. No fkciung excuses ! I've been to Queensland and I have seen the light. Bigger, better, bolder. No more blarney and balderdash !

Come on fellow brewers, join in my crusade. Repeat after me , my next year's case swap commitment will be better, next year will be better, next year will be better !

I go, crying into the bar. Oh, the humanity, the humanity ............. the shame.

:p

I was rolling my eyes at your rant, until I saw the bit about QLD being bigger and better - from that point I was interested in joining your crusade :icon_chickcheers:

Talk about leaving yourself open to a comment from the self confessed case swap beer nazi young Matt !!

WTF ?

Remember when the NSW case swaps were reverred and honoured. The highlight of many brewers year. The chance not just to exchange beer but to talk beer and brewing and other good things with your brew brothers. Now we are merely second fiddle to a brew day. I ask you ... where is the love ???

Right, let's get this swap done. Warning, we must breath life back into a case swap. It will be a major social event as of 2010. No fkciung excuses ! I've been to Queensland and I have seen the light. Bigger, better, bolder. No more blarney and balderdash !

Come on fellow brewers, join in my crusade. Repeat after me , my next year's case swap commitment will be better, next year will be better, next year will be better !

I go, crying into the bar. Oh, the humanity, the humanity ............. the shame.

FGZ...my friend...I wholeheartedly agree with you...

In fact, I will go as far to assist in swap nazi duties for the recently announced NSW 2010 SUPER EPIC CASE SWAP-A-RAMA.

But unfortunately, this time it is no mere brewday that stops me from coming to this swap.....it is the "Western Sydney Brewers Innaugural Case Swap and Brew Day Festival of Fun." The name (which I just made up btw) needs some work....but the spirit of the NSW case swap will be running through this event.

Now.....let us raise a joyous pint to the promise that is 2010 epic case swap awesomeness....... :icon_cheers:

The end.

Matt

In fact, I will go as far to assist in swap nazi duties for the recently announced NSW 2010 SUPER EPIC CASE SWAP-A-RAMA.

But unfortunately, this time it is no mere brewday that stops me from coming to this swap.....it is the "Western Sydney Brewers Innaugural Case Swap and Brew Day Festival of Fun." The name (which I just made up btw) needs some work....but the spirit of the NSW case swap will be running through this event.

Now.....let us raise a joyous pint to the promise that is 2010 epic case swap awesomeness....... :icon_cheers:

The end.

Matt

Bloody westies .............

Vaguely remember reading of that. Where and what is it. I'll rely on you to convert some, nay ALL the attendees to the 2010 crusade !

WeaselEstateBrewery Posted Today, 04:14 PM
I was rolling my eyes at your rant, until I saw the bit about QLD being bigger and better - from that point I was interested in joining your crusade

WEB - you are there. Don't send money, I'll bill you later !

Cheers,
Thommo.
All good to go mate. Got 21 bottles, plus a couple of others, ready to rock 'n roll, and i'm on my way.

WTF ?

I agree that we need to do something big as I don't want to have to spend the air fare to join the dirty queenslanders... From what I saw of the QLD thread at the beginning there was a $15 (I think) nominal charge to attend and this included a massive feed and beers and what not.. I would be happy to pay double that and help with preparations to anyone who is willing to host such an event next year.

If not it looks like you will need to make a stop at Colyton on your way up to Qld next year Fatz! I'm sure you won't have any problems filling the remaining seats in your car :icon_cheers:

The end.

Matt

Whats the deal with the exclusive case swap.. Why don't the rest of the guys join in on the main swap?? We don't bite :lol:

im in for next years swap, might even be able to talk kel in to having at my place again dependent on whats happening.
might be able to do a bulk buy in from Belgium and spend the day drinking the items.
my case is all good now just to find the bottles im bringing with me.

Whats the deal with the exclusive case swap.. Why don't the rest of the guys join in on the main swap?? We don't bite :lol:

I've heard at least one person was put off by the 750ml glass bottle rule. Plastic is less dangerous.

There's also 3 guys brewing that day. Should be a good day. I'm working so can't really participate in either. But I'll be dropping by Thommo's on Saturday afternoon to pick up my case before checking out Paddo's if it's still running.

Thommo, that Pils was only bottled today, so leave it out for a bit to carb and condition. Maybe try it out on NYE.

im in for next years swap, might even be able to talk kel in to having at my place again dependent on whats happening.
might be able to do a bulk buy in from Belgium and spend the day drinking the items.
my case is all good now just to find the bottles im bringing with me.

Better start talking, we've already locked the Easter Special Case Swap event for your place. I'm bringing a swag and sleeping in the back yard.

You are in the Easter swap aren't you ?

Edit : Just looked at the list and your name is absent. Maybe we better unlock that idea ! Or else, use option 2 and have a belgians day at your place and still hold the swap.

Worry about that next year !

If not it looks like you will need to make a stop at Colyton on your way up to Qld next year Fatz! I'm sure you won't have any problems filling the remaining seats in your car :icon_cheers:

Rets, just to let you know before you baggs it, I will be riding shot gun ok. You lot can sit in the back with the empty beer bottles that we'll (or probably I'll) be throwing at you.
Cheers
Steve

Better start talking, we've already locked the Easter Special Case Swap event for your place. I'm bringing a swag and sleeping in the back yard.

You are in the Easter swap aren't you ?

Edit : Just looked at the list and your name is absent. Maybe we better unlock that idea ! Or else, use option 2 and have a belgians day at your place and still hold the swap.

Worry about that next year !

I may even attend the NSW swap next year Fatz just so i can wear the Cats 2010 premiership shirt, just for you :)

Rook

I may even attend the NSW swap next year Fatz just so i can wear the Cats 2010 premiership shirt, just for you :)

Rook

Wear your 2009 Premiership shirt, next year I'm coming down to your joint wearing my Saint Kilda 2010 Premeiership Shirt !

Rets, just to let you know before you baggs it, I will be riding shot gun ok. You lot can sit in the back with the empty beer bottles that we'll (or probably I'll) be throwing at you.

Already pencilled you in for one of the seats Steve, thought bad boy James would be another possible candidate. Add you Ret - car now full. Any further contenders. Looks like we might get a convoy !

convoy_brochure.jpg

Latest posts

Back