2009 Nsw Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's in the fridge now....

I wonder if it's the same one that's blown at Gulpa's place....

cheers, im going to put it in the fridge now. also anyone who has a southern lager off me in the side swap id suggest the same with it as it was the one that went off on the day, and after talking to others that ive given it too the reaction ranges from normal to foaming a lot when opened. its also been in the bottle about a year.

Geez, sorry guys!

I CPBF'd the bottles so thought there was no way they would over carb. Also they have been in the bottle for quite some time and none blew at my house, I was hoping to avoid this very situation!

Hey Rets did the beer smell sour or anything? Maybe an infection in that bottle?!?!

:ph34r:

Just went out and had a whiff.. Couldn't pick up on any infection, it just smelt like half a glass of beer that had been left out overnight :icon_drool2:

cheers, im going to put it in the fridge now. also anyone who has a southern lager off me in the side swap id suggest the same with it as it was the one that went off on the day, and after talking to others that ive given it too the reaction ranges from normal to foaming a lot when opened. its also been in the bottle about a year.

Nah, just don't put it in the sun...... :p

I make this thread a happier place, nothing has blown here yet......*touch wood*

I might grab a few and chuck them in the fridge, leave them there till my days off next week so they have time to settle properly and then start the sampling.

side swap
On that note, did we ever find out what happened to the 3 or 4 longies I had for sideswapping?
Does anyone have non-swap beers with hand written labels on them, brewed by me...?

On that note, did we ever find out what happened to the 3 or 4 longies I had for sideswapping?
Does anyone have non-swap beers with hand written labels on them, brewed by me...?

My fault M - I should have put your name on the crate. For those unsure of what the F&% we are talking about, Muggus had extra beers left over, so I swapped them with the other excess beers left over. They were in a "short crate" that someone else took home prior to lunch. So the crate Muggus got will be several bottles short of what he should have received. Means someone got a near full "short" case by accident while Muggus got the shaft. If nothing comes up I'll send you some beers after Xmas.

i might have a second 6 possible. i got some of your swaps fatz.

Has someone set up the tasting thread yet?

Sounds like a job for MM!

I am tasting one of mine now, and I still feel mixed, there are some flavours I think might need a couple more weeks to sort out. Not as bad as I thought, but not nearly where I wanted. Sorry for the experimental brew, I am more comfortable with my hop groove.

Im away at the moment but Mrs Gulpa has told me one bottles blew last night. She doesnt know which one so take care guys.

cheers
Andrew.

Good news. It was a side swap beer. DB on the label. I think Barls said it was FGZ beer?

Cheers
Andrew.

ok going to put that one in the fridge as well

Latest posts

Back