wort cooling in Queensland !?!t

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marginally more complex and energy consuming than my no- chill cube!

Brewfiend said:
does your no chill cube produce cloudy beer? RdeVjun

clear beer.jpg

dd.jpg

redder.jpg

Some Tropical Qld brewers throw their cubes in the swimming pool to cool, others chuck tem in an iced sink full of water. Last time that I checked Bribie Island was way north of Surfers on the Tropical Qld road map. He's moved a few clicks south of you of late though.

one thing I will add next is a circulating pump inside, save me stirring it!

20 litres of beer a week is more than enough for many of us but I bow to your bragging rights and pray for your liver.

Competitive results aside, a host of beers just like Bribie's indicates no such cloudy beer problems, not sure if that's a known issue with the method.
Seeing as it's become a bit of a pissing contest, my no-chill cubes cost me $0.00, it costs $0.00 to no-chill a batch, I can store wort indefinitely and I don't need an effing forklift to move it, while anyone that can't slip their air-cooled cube into the ferment fridge for a few hours before pitching probably has some bigger fish to fry. Anyway, there's no right or wrong with this caper, there's lots of misinformation though.
Pretty sure from Bribie's nick that he is quite familiar with Queensland weather.
Don't really understand the rationale for 200L a week, how is that something specific to cubes?

Don't let the door hit it on your way out Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back