Cooling Wort

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just going with my 21 litre pot now, using the brewers friend website and chatting to them, no issue with boiling 18 litres(30 minute boil) and topping up to 21 litres, their software takes it into account. Will do for now until I can afford a better system next year and with icebath + freezing water should be able to manage until than.

Really don't want to buy more equipment at the minute just going to save til I can afford better one next year.

I also have the 65 ltr brewzilla to do double batches.
I have found that if I mash in the brewzilla /robobrew and use a 65 ltr digiboil as a hlt for the sparge water.

I then transfer all of the wort thru a filter/ hop sock or pantyhose (I am a legs man) into the now empty digiboil. Heat the full boil volume and begin.
I think this has help with the longevity of the brewzilla /robobrew as it does not heat it beyond 78 C.
I have not needed to replace control board or silicon hoses.

After a whirlpool the wort is very clean. Obviously hop matter and some fine flour from the mash, no endosperm or husk from the grains.
I brew like this as I also use a 4 vessel system with HERMS on occasion, clean wort /clean beer.

Well guys. Going to boil about 20 litres and end up with 15 litres of wort hopefully, and top up with water and ice cubes as necessary, got about 5 litres of water chilling, aiming for 21-22 litres of wort, APA pretty basic be interested to see how it goes :) Pitching onto an existing yeast cake from a partial I just did, US-05.

Ended up doing as stated took hydrometre reading at 19 litres and was a 1039, so left at that also cleaned fermenter and saved a few spoon fulls of the slurry, bad thing is with adjusted calculations ibus where 45 and my could you taste the bitterness!

Latest posts

Back