Who In Melbourne Loves A Parma And A Microbrew!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i totally forgot about it. aslong as somone reminds me on friday i'll be there!

not sure at this stage - been pretty darn busy so far this week and not around too much next week, so I am going to have to call it on the day.

It is in my diary tho, so it is a chance.

Brendo

I'll make sure I book a meeting at that time too, but not so cryptically, perhaps just AHB business review or something.

At this point it's well possible I'll be on a truck delivering artworks. I'll know more tomorrow. What's the latest people will be there? I'm still likely to go for an afternoon beverage if I can't make lunch.

if you guys are using outlook for mail/calendars, there is a 'private' check box that hides the mtg contents...

I know it's along way off but I've just been approved to attend a conference in Melbourne at the Sofitel round in Collins Street ... dates are 20-23 May. It's within walking distance of Mrs Parmas so I'll be sneaking out for lunch on Friday 21st ... can't work all the time!

While on the topic ... have you other good bars to recommend in the Melbourne CBD?

Cheers (from Toowoomba)

At this point it's well possible I'll be on a truck delivering artworks. I'll know more tomorrow. What's the latest people will be there? I'm still likely to go for an afternoon beverage if I can't make lunch.
Give me a bell if you're in the area, I work 100m from it, I can always go back

if you guys are using outlook for mail/calendars, there is a 'private' check box that hides the mtg contents...
That's just asking for people to be curious though

@ghhb

Going solely on beer menus:

Beer deluxe and transport at at fed square.
Cookie in Swanston st (I hate the place but the beer selection is great)
Kames Squire Brewhouse@Portland hotel, Russell St

Inner city suburbs:

Bar Fred, Nicholson st North carlton (I love the place AND the beer selection is great)
Bar etiquette, Sydney Rd, Brunswick.

@maple: cheers. If I do go out on the truck I will be returning to the city afterwards. If I don't go I'll be working at Federation Square. I'll get an indication tomorrow. Your number is still on my phone but I'm just hoping it's the right version. Feel free to PM it again just in case.

Cheers boss.

While on the topic ... have you other good bars to recommend in the Melbourne CBD?

Cheers (from Toowoomba)

I second the Transport for beer selection, it gets maxxed out on a Friday arvo/evening and the scenery is usually good. If you like euro beers there's the European Bier Cafe on Exhibition St (cnr little collins). The James Squire on Russell is a good pub, but for the quintessential pint with the punters, you could also try Young and Jacksons opposite Flinders St Station and Fed Square.

Also Little Creatures have a beer house in Brunswick St Fitzroy if you want to chuck $10 at a cabbie.

have we booked a table? we could be struggling at this late stage

Count me in. Been too long since I was there.

I have to get back for a 2pm meeting, but could get a parma and a good beer or two in me before then.

Bugger, didn't think of that.

Anybody got their number handy to give them a call today?
use the search function! oh hang on, maybe its google is your friend. :lol: ill call them and book for 9.

they squashed us in. :super:

table for 8 at 12pm. booking under 'Brett'. If we are 1 or 2 over the 8 im sure it will be fine.

1. Manticle (tentative)
2. WarmBeer
3 Fourstar
4 CityMorgue2
5. Leigh
6. Maple
7. Brendo (doubtful)
8. beerDingo
9. Wardhog

EDIT:
For prosperity sake:
Mrs Parmas
25 Little Bourke Street
Melbourne Victoria
Phone : (03) 9639 2269
Email: [email protected]

Opening Hours
Monday – Friday 11am till late
Saturday & Sunday 12pm till late

Love your work CM2. I promise to remember to come this time.

sometimes i wish i still worked in the city :(

the 3 minute drive home without traffic sorta makes up for it though.

Back