Who In Melbourne Loves A Parma And A Microbrew!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
or even on say a Friday afternoon... hey look, it's Friday... I'll be in when you guys set up a time/date.

I'm kinda thirsty now! ;) Oh look its lunchtime! :D Interested CM2?

love to have a drink, but i was only teasing Dave. I got a meeting at 1pm that im preparing for. maybe next friday for a quick one

Friday 12 Feb

1. Manticle (tentative)
2. WarmBeer
3 Fourstar
4 CityMorgueII
5. Leigh
6. Maple
7. Brendo

I thought you where off the piss Bretto?

Rook
i was. back on it now (well sort of). im not drinking if there's not an occation. like going to Mrs P's! im not to drink at all during the week and only having 2 pots (ok pints) over the entire weekend.

I'll be in the southern capital for a few days in March. I must look into this 'parma' business. At first I thought it was a wallaby dish...

i was. back on it now (well sort of). im not drinking if there's not an occation. like going to Mrs P's! im not to drink at all during the week and only having 2 pots (ok pints) over the entire weekend.

So have you lost weight or are you still a fat ******* :p

Geoffi, let us know when you are in town

Rook

1. Manticle (tentative)
2. WarmBeer
3 Fourstar
4 CityMorgueII
5. Leigh
6. Maple
7. Brendo
8. beerDingo (if the manager is away :chug: )

Sorry for taking this so far OT but I don't want to make a new thread for a topic that research suggests that a great many people who've had this beer might have had it at MP.

Anyone feel like taking a rough stab at the bits I'd need to build a Dirty Angel 'tribute'? I'm not asking anyone to design me a clone, I just want to know what ingredients might get me loosely in the same end of the style. Until I had this beer I've never had a porter I've genuinely enjoyed - most have felt to me like a 'lite' version of a stout (not my fave style to begin with and watering it down does it no favours). This beer had none of the background acridity I've experienced in the few porters I've had before and I'd really like to punch out something kinda similar.

Any ideas?

I remember going there not too long ago with Jayandcath from qld and we sent back the Rusty pale ale's due to them tasting infected/oxidised/stale undrinkable :icon_vomit: But the Dirty Angel on the other hand was a beautiful drop, the other stand out was the Kooinda Pale ale and the parmy's were awesome , great spot, have to get back there soon. My wallet's just about recovered from my last trip to the big smoke, man we drank some good beers that day (mental note must not start a session with a Rogue Double Dead Guy :icon_drunk: )

A bloke i work with from warnambool said the Dirty Angel Statue looks over a popular kanoodling spot hence the dirty angel tag.

cheers

Sorry for taking this so far OT but I don't want to make a new thread for a topic that research suggests that a great many people who've had this beer might have had it at MP.

Anyone feel like taking a rough stab at the bits I'd need to build a Dirty Angel 'tribute'? I'm not asking anyone to design me a clone, I just want to know what ingredients might get me loosely in the same end of the style. Until I had this beer I've never had a porter I've genuinely enjoyed - most have felt to me like a 'lite' version of a stout (not my fave style to begin with and watering it down does it no favours). This beer had none of the background acridity I've experienced in the few porters I've had before and I'd really like to punch out something kinda similar.

Any ideas?

I can give you my recipe for porter which I wouldn't describe as acrid and has nice complexity (therefore not watered down stout). I would guess that too much roasted malt would give the acridity. I've heard people suggest cold steeping the roast malts or adding them towards the end of the mash reduces that although I just wack it all in. No idea how close it would be to the DA though.

Thanks for the offer but I've been reading porter recipes the last couple days and yours is one of the ones I came across already. As with the others I have no clue as to how close yours might get me because I am unfamiliar with some of the ingredients and am basically ignorant about the style in general. I guess I'm after a rough estimate on grain bill (possibly with %) and a guess on the hops used (can work out a schedule on my own, I think) in the Dirty Angel (as opposed to porters in general).

I'll keep reading and try to have this beer again (for scientific purposes, you understand).

the entire week ive been trying to figure out WTF a crypticly title 'meeting' was in my work calander. It was titled
'DPI Micro meeting'. Now WTF does that mean!

now ive realised thats its in referance to our tentitive visit to Mrs P's this friday..... DPI was in referance to Leigh's employer and the rest well, a meeting regarding microbrews.

i made it a little nondescript for those who have access to my diary. didnt think that it would be so cryptic that a couiple weeks later i wouldnt even remember WTF it was!

so are we on for Friday?

Back