Microbreweries In Melbourne Cbd

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the restaurant environment is pretty important for most people - I'm not saying everything needs to be white paint, chrome and polished concrete (far from it, I hate that kind of thing in fact) but Mrs Parma's feels like the carvery section of a particularly crap RSL. For good environs see: LC Dining Hall, The Standard or Lambs Go Bar (RIP)

Well, the restaurant environment is pretty important for most people - I'm not saying everything needs to be white paint, chrome and polished concrete (far from it, I hate that kind of thing in fact) but Mrs Parma's feels like the carvery section of a particularly crap RSL. For good environs see: LC Dining Hall, The Standard or Lambs Go Bar (RIP)

I agree. Plus I found although they had some nice beers there the list is pretty limited! Wouldn't bother going back. If I want a good list of obscure stuff I'd hit up Penny Blue or a few other places. Pretty hard to go past the LC Dining Hall for the total package though.

Mrs Parma's feels like the carvery section of a particularly crap RSL.
Yeah, but I think the shit crowd they generally get in there hurts them more than the decor. Always full of loud-mouthed suits thinking they're being adventurous when they swap from Draught to Gippsland Gold.

Pull ur head in. one of tge first places in melb serving craft beer and Vic craft beer at that and u dis it cause of the location in the city (ie Paris end) so it has to have a certain look. What fkn rsl do u go to. As an ex dogger I've seen a few and it isn't rsl. Look past rubbish and look to the beer. They showcase great beer incl amateur brews from comps (melb brewers had a brewer do a brew with Jamison brewery and serve it). It's a great place for us locals who work around there.

Back On topic, there's a couple of melb bar threads. But they cover a lot of the stuff already discussed. It's a good place if u know where to go.

Yeah, but I think the shit crowd they generally get in there hurts them more than the decor.

I should have also refuted the idea previously suggestes that the beer list ain't much chop. Good, regularly changing selection that will always has me coming back.

Thanks for everything guys! She only made it to parma's but went there twice! She said beers where good and staff are friendly!
Brought me back these beers! :D She has been my GF for 9 years at the end of this year! Maybe i should start thinking about a ring? I had a look on justliketherealthing.com but they seem very expensive....LOL! :lol:

Thanks guys!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've been living in Melbourne for almost 12 months and still haven't made it to Mrs Parmas.

How lame :(

It's been it recommended on this forum heaps, about time I got down there I think!

Dont get down on yourself i've been here 10 years and never made it.
only just hit the Local Taphouse in Stkilda and it was definitely worth the visit.

Back