Advice on cider HELP!!!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottyWilliams

Reaction score
Howdy folks, complete cider novice here seeking some advice!
Been brewing beer for years and recently convinced the better half to try a Christmas fruity sour I made up randomly and to my surprise she asked if we could perhaps try to make a cider.
Soooo, me being the typical bull at a gate šŸ¤£ went with the following:
1 x Mangrove Jack Sweet cider pouch
1 kg Dex
6L Nudie brand Cloudy Apple
2L Berri Apple and Blackcurrant.
Usual 2L boiling water in with the extract and topped up to 21L (was conscious of high sugar content so left the extra head space just in case).
I left out the sweetener that came with the pouch.
OG was showing 1.075 dropping about 0.015 a day, so if I let it go like I do most beers down to 1.010 or less (usually 1.005) does that sound right? Based on my calcs that's going to mean an abv of over 9% šŸ¤Ŗ.
Also should I be looking to dry hop toward the end of the ferment, not sure what FG approx I should be expecting-was intending on fermenting until I get the same reading for 48 hours?
Will cold crash once complete to clear then into primed 750ml swing tops for a few weeks to carb, clear further and condition.
Any input, advice or feedback greatly appreciated, hoping I havent created rocket fuel or future bottle bombs šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£.

Latest posts

Back