Whats On Tap At The Platform Bar - Brissy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't quite recall what we had whilst waiting for the train on Friday arvo (Big Day :drinks: ) but distinctly remember the beer list being very ordinary & nowhere near the Platform Bar of old. :(
Inserting big plug for The bitter Suite. :super:
Definitely going back ASAP.

TP

Can't quite recall what we had whilst waiting for the train on Friday arvo (Big Day :drinks: ) but distinctly remember the beer list being very ordinary & nowhere near the Platform Bar of old. :(
Inserting big plug for The bitter Suite. :super:
Definitely going back ASAP.

TP

I second that, Bitter Suite ambience suited me. Ask for Perrin she is great (French Mademoiselle), loves beer chat and is very easy on the eye.

Screwy

I second that, Bitter Suite ambience suited me. Ask for Perrin she is great (French Mademoiselle), loves beer chat and is very easy on the eye.

Screwy

Sounds like Bitter Suite is a a good bet ... unfortunately it's not right next to the station like Platform so god only knows when i'll get there.

Sounds like Bitter Suite is a a good bet ... unfortunately it's not right next to the station like Platform so god only knows when i'll get there.

Too easy for us SCRUBS mate: Train to Central, short walk to the RiverCat at Eagle St, get off at New Farm Park & then a short stroll to Bitter Suite.
109 Buz around the corner takes you to Archive if that is your want?

TP

Too easy for us SCRUBS mate: Train to Central, short walk to the RiverCat at Eagle St, get off at New Farm Park & then a short stroll to Bitter Suite.

TP

Well mate in 30 years time i'll give it a go then - when my missus wants me out of the house. As it is i'm gone 13 hours a day :rolleyes: so no spare time to ogle barmaids visit the finer establishments in town :icon_cheers:

Well mate in 30 years time i'll give it a go then - when my missus wants me out of the house. As it is i'm gone 13 hours a day so no spare time to ogle barmaids visit the finer establishments in town

You forget that I'm retired Graham & have more time on my hands than I know what to do with. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Looking for a house painter ATM who will work for beer. :p

TP

TP

.... or Train to Central, have a Stone & Wood at the Platform if they're open to get started, then take an even shorter walk across Ann Street and through ANZAC Park to Adelaide Street. Then:

1. For Bitter Suite, step to the right to catch the 199 bus eastbound to Merthyr Road (that's when the bus takes a hard left off Brunswick).
Get off at the stop just past James/Lamington Street (2nd or 3rd stop on Merthyr?). Walk a block down Lamington Street & cross Welsby Street to the Bitter Suite door.

2. For Archive, cross Adelaide Street and catch the 199 bus westbound and get off at the door (2nd stop after the bus takes a soft left onto Boundary Street.

Return trips to Grand Central are in reverse order.

There ARE various ways to get to Bitter Suite Snowdog but the above suits me best. :)
In the foreseeable future I'm giving Archive a miss on my big city days out & staying at Bitter Suite MUCH longer before departing to a secret destination in town for a few quick ones prior to jumping on the train home.

Clem Jones did a lot for Brisbane but the worst thing he ever did was to scrap the trams. :angry: Only use Brissy buses if I have to. PITA environmentaly they are.

With the Sunshine Coast being the poor cousin of the Gold Coast public transport-wise (& indeed many other ways) I need to plan my day in Brissy to the minute for maximum beer exposure & as there is nothing open beer-wise when train arrives Central around 8.40AM I find a nice CityCat ride suits me just fine & when combined with the stroll over New Farm Park gets me to Bitter Suite spot on opening time. :super:

TP

'tis cool. Was just throwing that out there as a viable option, being a recent foreigner immigrant not knowing or caring about past political transit dealings that got the city to where it is today. On the surface it seems like a lot longer walk to get from Central to the Eagle Street pier, but a good walk is always good. :)

Latest posts

Back