Whats On Tap At The Platform Bar - Brissy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WSC

Reaction score
At Chappos request here is what is going on at the Platform Bar:

Squire Amber
Fat Yak Pale Ale
Hoegaarden
Squire Golden
Little Creatures Bright Ale
LCPA
Squire Pilsner
Stone and Wood Draught

Coming soon - Barking Flamingo

What I have requested:
MT beers - any of them
Sunshine Coast Beers

As other posts they have the Mad Brewers Commerorative Ale plus heaps of others in bottle. Good range of German Wheats and other Aussie beers.

Go next door to the bottle shop for good range of beers to take home.

I have no affiliation although they do give me a free pony to try new beers........I think they do that for everyone ......

On ya WSC! Thanks!

Wish I didn't have to high tail it home for dinner with the out-laws <_<

What I have requested:
MT beers - any of them

will see if i can get them to take some of our Belgian Dubbel and our new ESB
... on a side note I just brewed a new batch of Yippy IPA with the homebrew equivalant of 208 grams of hops !!!!!

edit for spelling

will see if i can get them to take some of our Belgian Dubbel and our new ESB
... on a side note I just brewed a new batch of Yippy IPA with the homebrew equivalant of 208 grams of hops !!!!!

edit for spelling

Yeah! Yeah! Beersom! Bloody awesome mate! Do it! Belgian Dubbel :wub:

BTW wanna share that recipe? Doesn't hurt to ask?

Yeah! Yeah! Beersom! Bloody awesome mate! Do it! Belgian Dubbel :wub:

BTW wanna share that recipe? Doesn't hurt to ask?

would love to share the recipe but as i don't own the brewery it wouldn't be right of me to do so.
However ... if you ask the right questions I would be more than happy to answer and give as much assistance as I can - I just can't give everything away.

I wish the Platform bar would let us know where it was open <_<

Looks like it's at the Grand Central.

Breakfast Creek also have Fat Yak and Hoegaarden on tap, as well as other stuff

What I have requested:
MT beers - any of them
Sunshine Coast Beers

....WSC....mate, i've got a nice fresh batch of the gold medal dunkelweizen just about ready...it's off to the Taphouse Anzac Day specTapular in Sydney & Melbourne....i'd love to see it @ Platform Bar as well....

...thanks for requesting us...we need all the help we can get...

...Cheers...

Scott H
SCB

You heading over this afternoon MB? Meeting GravityGuru at about 5 for a few.

sorry mate first ive heard of this and i just promised the fairer sex id take her to mexican...

where you going? platform bar? gimme a full report tomorrow inc pictures!

....WSC....mate, i've got a nice fresh batch of the gold medal dunkelweizen just about ready...it's off to the Taphouse Anzac Day specTapular in Sydney & Melbourne....i'd love to see it @ Platform Bar as well....

...thanks for requesting us...we need all the help we can get...

Scott, have you approached them, they really need more decent QLD beers....James Squire, Little Creature and Matilda Bay are good but they are hardly struggling micros.

Maybe we need to start a petition???

Scott, have you approached them, they really need more decent QLD beers....James Squire, Little Creature and Matilda Bay are good but they are hardly struggling micros.

Maybe we need to start a petition???

i can think of another micro in need of outlets;)

Be worth talking to the drinks chain Brendan, they do beer tastings monthly at the Bel (and elsewhere I guess). Barons managed to get two new seasonals (never bottled) on a tap there as well. (Google the rubber stamp for a look)

I wish the Platform bar would let us know where it was open <_<

Grand Central Station on Ann street. They say they're open from noon to late Monday to Saturday.

And yes, some more local brews (MT, Brisbane Brewing, Sunshine Coast, Northern Rivers) would be great. I do like the Stone & Wood even though it seems to taste different each time I have one. Speaking of Stone & Wood.. I guess its available at the Story Bridge Hotel now.

Enjoyed the Barons Bock when it was at the Platform, and liked having the Alpha Pale too. Last time I was there the tap-beer selection seemed a bit lacking. Now they have Little Creatures instead of the Alpha, which ain't bad but I can get it elsewhere (Milanos on Queen Street), and Fat Yak can be had anywhere on Queen street these days.

Still, the place is quite nice overall.

Well an enjoyable evening tipple was had

Mark_Bastard as requested....

Now there is a reason why we aren't profession brewers! Suggest you all try some 1020 very nice indeed.

Cheers

Chappo

Well an enjoyable evening tipple was had

Mark_Bastard as requested....

Now there is a reason why we aren't profession brewers! Suggest you all try some 1020 very nice indeed.

Cheers

Chappo
noice, just wish it wasn't closed for a private function or shut when I go past.

Edit: I liked those glasses that much I bought a few :icon_cheers:

edit: I liked those glasses that much I bought a few :icon_cheers:

Winkle,

They would not sell me any Hoegaarden glasses until I saw the manager (Who surrendered to my charm :lol: ). Have things changed that much? :blink: What did you promise the manager? :ph34r:

TP

What I have requested:
MT beers - any of them
Sunshine Coast Beers

I agree we need these guys to represent. I don't see why there can't be more support for local micros and free up taps to put them on. Why waste taps to put on JS & LC brews when you can get them right next door or many other venues around the city. The current tap list is embarrassing but I understand that they have a market to serve to (read:suits). But I reckon the majority of patrons would support say MT Beer if the staff know the beer and have the willingness to push quality craft brews, instead of looking bored and not really giving a shit like they usually do. I'll end my rant now but I have a dream that maybe oneday we will have a real beer bar in Brissie...hint hint Taphouse :ph34r: :icon_cheers:

I agree we need these guys to represent. I don't see why there can't be more support for local micros and free up taps to put them on. :ph34r: :icon_cheers:
The platform bar is great with regard to assistance for small brewers and support us all in many ways.

Latest posts

Back