Whats On Tap At The Platform Bar - Brissy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winkle,

They would not sell me any Hoegaarden glasses until I saw the manager (Who surrendered to my charm :lol: ). Have things changed that much? :blink: What did you promise the manager? :ph34r:

TP

:icon_offtopic: Got mine at the Hospitality shop in the Valley Pete, about $6 each.

will see if i can get them to take some of our Belgian Dubbel and our new ESB

Had some of the ESB at the MT brewery last week - absolutely awesome, best beer I've tried for a long time.

The Dubbel was great too.

Why waste taps to put on JS & LC brews when you can get them right next door or many other venues around the city. The current tap list is embarrassing but I understand that they have a market to serve to (read:suits).

I don't know for sure, but I would guess Lion and CUB still give them discounts/rebates if they stock their "craft" brands in the Platform. If you looked at the numbers, the beer served out of the platform bar would only be a small % of the other bar. They can't afford to get the big breweries off side.

This is just my read on it. Anyone actually know how it works?

Perhaps the other point is that people actually like JS, LC, MB?

Perhaps the other point is that people actually like JS, LC, MB?

You are right but, if you differentiate yourself as a craft beer location I find it a little odd that the majority of your tap beer is in some way linked to the major brewers. Oh and to get anything else in a bottle you have to pay $7-$10 for. Who's making all the cash here, cause I don't think it's the micro's.

The 3 beers you mention are all great but also if you are in Queensland you really need to make sure you have a good chunk of you tap beers from local brewers.

There is nothing unique about having JC,LC and MB on tap, as others have said you can get that by walking down the Queens St Mall.

The platform bar is great with regard to assistance for small brewers and support us all in many ways.

Ian, it's all good...I'm only an outsider looking in and I definitely have no idea what happens 'behind the scenes' but I'm sure there's individuals who do show a lot of support to you guys.

My disappointment of the PB was more from a personal perspective (as a beer enthusiast), and I'm sure a number of other people feel the same. I'd just like to see more enthusiasm to showcase what the micro scene in the area (albeit tiny), has to offer. Even just one or two taps that can be rotated on a regular basis would be great. No doubt I enjoy a LCPA or JSGA every now and then as well, but how about we start introducing new styles of beers to even the most staunch pale lager drinker. We'll never know how well these beers could be received if patrons don't even get a chance to try them.

Moving on I look forward to trying the new brews Ian, I need to get back up there soon! :icon_drunk:

Chuck Hahn will apparently be at the Platform at 4.30pm to 5.30pm today (Wednesday) to present the Ten20.

Not sure if anyone else went but this was worthwhile.

Free tasting of the Ten20 and Chuck poured my porter for me.

I still stand by my comments re JS, but they do promote their beers well and are a good step off into better beers for the average punter.

Not sure if anyone else went but this was worthwhile.

Free tasting of the Ten20 and Chuck poured my porter for me.

I still stand by my comments re JS, but they do promote their beers well and are a good step off into better beers for the average punter.

Didn't make it unfortunately WSC, thanks for the heads up thou :icon_cheers: , sounds like I missed out big time. But I do agree with your comments as the ten20 is a great setup if the punters take a hold of it. I actually liked it alot and agree with GG comments. I would prefer ten20 to be scattered around the locals than say Tooheys Old (which is always my fall guy in despirate times).

Cheers

Chappo

Anyone up for a cheeky platform beer at about 4.30pm? Can't stay for more than 1 or 2.....

Coopers Dark Ale now on Tap. Tastes OK, served up a bit too cold for me.

Order something else and a Dark Ale, drink the first one and by that time the Dark Ale will be the right temp.

Coopers Dark Ale now on Tap. Tastes OK, served up a bit too cold for me.

Order something else and a Dark Ale, drink the first one and by that time the Dark Ale will be the right temp.

Brilliant mate, I actually started a thread on where I could get Coopers Dark in Bris and here it is whoohoo. I'll get in for a few before the pandemic :lol:

Edit:
Get off at Strathpine for a pee
Get off at Caboolture, pee
couple in the Club Tavern
pee
bus home

ripper.

Anyone up for a cheeky platform beer at about 4.30pm? Can't stay for more than 1 or 2.....
I didn't see this thread as I was on the bus to the platform bar at 4.30pm last Friday.

Was waiting for couple of mates so had to work my way through some of the on tap pleasures........

Tough job....

From memory, there was

Byron bay Draught Ale, Maltilda Bay Fat Yak, Pipsqueek Cider, A rasberry wheat with a fancy name that I can't remember and some other beers that I had tried before

I also tried the Twenty Ten Anniversary Ale, Murray's Porter and a Weiss.......

Lucky I didn't see Coopers Dark ALe or I would have tried that too.

Then I went home before I fell over.....:rolleyes:

Good night,

PB :chug:

I didn't see this thread as I was on the bus to the platform bar at 4.30pm last Friday.

Was waiting for couple of mates so had to work my way through some of the on tap pleasures........

Tough job....

From memory, there was

Byron bay Draught Ale, Maltilda Bay Fat Yak, Pipsqueek Cider, A rasberry wheat with a fancy name that I can't remember and some other beers that I had tried before

I also tried the Twenty Ten Anniversary Ale, Murray's Porter and a Weiss.......

Lucky I didn't see Coopers Dark ALe or I would have tried that too.

Then I went home before I fell over..... :rolleyes:

Good night,

PB :chug:

No worries, I got a Friday afternoon special and didn't make it (you know the ones where you get asked to do a 'little' thing before you leave.......that turns out to be a much bigger thing!)

Cooper's Dark at the Platform??? Yum! Too bad I'm a half a world away right now (Seattle).

...Hey all....thanks to its form at AIBA and some requests from you guys, our Dunkelweizen should be on tap there this week...and the Summer Ale should be at the Belvedere shortly as well...

...Cheers...
Scott
SCB

...Hey all....thanks to its form at AIBA and some requests from you guys, our Dunkelweizen should be on tap there this week...and the Summer Ale should be at the Belvedere shortly as well...

...Cheers...
Scott
SCB

Good stuff, we've got some visitors up over the next week or two - looks like the "where to drink" issues are solved.

Bugger, not in the city today and away Thursday/Friday in Melbourne. Only gives me tomorrow to go in a have a few. Did you only give them one keg or more. Hoping it lasts a while!!

Bugger, not in the city today and away Thursday/Friday in Melbourne. Only gives me tomorrow to go in a have a few. Did you only give them one keg or more. Hoping it lasts a while!!

...don't panic mate, we'll get more to 'em if they get through it....btw the Taphouse in Melbourne has it on tap down there at the moment...

Cheers
Scott
SCB

Back