Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Cranberry Cream Ale, 10 litre batch with 1.5kg of blended cranberries in the fermenter for about 8 days, no pectic enzyme and still beautifull clarity!! The pic doesnt really do it justice, this bad boy is bright red with a pink head in the flesh B)

100_4611.JPG

100_4610.JPG

My Cranberry Cream Ale, 10 litre batch with 1.5kg of blended cranberries in the fermenter for about 8 days, no pectic enzyme and still beautifull clarity!! The pic doesnt really do it justice, this bad boy is bright red with a pink head in the flesh B)

Oooooooo.... Drool

Looks friggin awesome RevKnut. It's amazing what you can do with a pillow case :ph34r: :lol:

Chap Chap

:lol:

Definately happy with it, if I do it again will half the IBU's which would make it more drinkable and refreshing as the cranberries are quite acidic/bitter themselves!

I dry hopped the other 10litres with 100gms of US goodness :icon_drool2: Its amazing how a beer with only a bittering hop can taste close to IPA spec just from dry hopping, it has an immense amount of hop flavour :icon_drool2:

:lol:

Definately happy with it, if I do it again will half the IBU's which would make it more drinkable and refreshing as the cranberries are quite acidic/bitter themselves!

I dry hopped the other 10litres with 100gms of US goodness :icon_drool2: Its amazing how a beer with only a bittering hop can taste close to IPA spec just from dry hopping, it has an immense amount of hop flavour :icon_drool2:

Mmmmmm sounds really sexy Revknut... jealous as hell.

Allways welcome for a beer if your ever over these ways mate ;)

A motueka/Nelson sauvign blonde ale. Hoppy, bitter, but with enough malt to even things out. Spewing i've run out of NS, or i'd do another.

Abbo ale? :unsure:

Looks the goods Winkle.
Where'd you manage to get the glass?

Abbot Ale old thing :p
Drinking well, but its almost time for a Belgian Pale or two.

Gorgeous looking beer there Peter, a dunkel is one of my favourite styles - i have one in primary at the moment.

Care to share your secret?

Lots of background light :)

Nothing too fancy. From memory base was over 80% Wey Munich I, with about 10% Wey Pils, a bit of Caramunich II & Melanoiden and hint of Carafa Special I for colour.
Hopped with NZ Hallertau. White Labs German Bock. 1.055 & low 20's IBU.

P

'Santa's Little Helper'. Mostly Halcyon, bit of Carabohemian (it sounded good at the time sat in Ross's shop procrastinating - not enough though i reckon), bit of Aromatic (from memory - can't be arsed firing up Beersmith), but HEAPS of Cascade, Amarillo and Styrian - bittered with Nelson (some might say this a waste of a tasty hop - but have you tasted how it bitters! - 84IBU, BTW - all glued together with 1056)

IMAG0501.jpg

It's a 6.4%. It's my fourth bottle... Must have overstocked at xmas!!!...

err...

hic...

zzzzzz

Chinese Pale Pilsener International Style, 100% Chinee Saaz. Pleasant quaffer and it's cleaned up nicely after 2 more weeks in the keg. I'll make this again and again although a touch of Hersbrucke for finishing in future.

I've got a few bottled for BABBs meeting as well.

Chineselager1Medium.jpg

chineselager2Medium.jpg

Chappo's ESB. Beautiful beer, rich, malty, caramels with a nice loooong bittering on the end. Might have to save a bottle or 2 for BABBS mini-comp

Last photo is the 1st runnings from my Triple Trubble brewed yesterday :p

SANY0053.JPG

SANY0054.JPG

SANY0052.JPG

:eek: So you do actually brew beer chap

Awsome looking beer mate :super:

Send us a bottle of the trippel!

cheers

An ale I recently brewed at the request of a non brewing mate. This is for a 40lt batch. Going down very well IMO.

BB Pale Ale 70%
Cara Red 4%
Dark Wheat 4%
Cara Roma 6%
Wheat Malt 16%

Topaz 16.2% 28g/60m
Topaz 16.2% 12g/30m
DSaaz 5.4% 28g/15m
DSaaz 5.4% 28g/10m

Cheers Dunno

Chappo's ESB. Beautiful beer, rich, malty, caramels with a nice loooong bittering on the end. Might have to save a bottle or 2 for BABBS mini-comp

Last photo is the 1st runnings from my Triple Trubble brewed yesterday :p

Love that colour..............great looking beer Chap Chap. One of those alongside that beautiful pale Euro Lager of yours would make a great pic :super:

Screwy

So you do actually brew beer chap

Awsome looking beer mate

Send us a bottle of the trippel!

cheers

Shhhhhh! Don't tell everyone Tony. I'll put you on the mailing list for sure Tony. Groan problem is I have to bottle this lot as I don't want to tie up a kegs. 60 bottles Woot.

Love that colour..............great looking beer Chap Chap. One of those alongside that beautiful pale Euro Lager of yours would make a great pic

Screwy

That's Screwy. Unfortunately the photo's really don't do it justice. I let the last half on the glass heat up to around 12C and well didn't it come into its own. The secret mash regime works a treat I reckon ;) .

Cheers

Chap Chap

The secret mash regime works a treat I reckon.
So what's that then, you're upgrading to pillowcasing now and the pic with Sherman is just a red herring? :ph34r: :lol:

Looks noice ChapChap, hopefully this one peaks just at the right time. :icon_cheers:

Glad this turned out well with all the hard work rev! ;) You have spurred me on to make some fruit beers soon!

Lots of background light :)

Nothing too fancy. From memory base was over 80% Wey Munich I, with about 10% Wey Pils, a bit of Caramunich II & Melanoiden and hint of Carafa Special I for colour.
Hopped with NZ Hallertau. White Labs German Bock. 1.055 & low 20's IBU.

P

Sounds very nice. Cant argue with the bock yeast, i've used nothing else in my lagers since scoring a sample of this from TDA. :super: Perfect for a malty lager.

Stunning looking beer there, hadn't pegged you as an english ale brewer. :lol:

Latest posts

Back