Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blonde ale with NZ Cascade. Under 4%, nice summer easy drinker.

nblonde.jpg

Aussie IPA.
Plenty of Galaxy mixed with Summer Saaz.

Hop flavour is nowhere near what I expected, but it's a good beer for it.
I think the Cask Ale yeast might have stripped a little, but I like the effect.
Doesn't taste 6.5%...

aipa.jpg

Bc..... they look great.

Im planning a reduced Alc version of my sheepshagger soon. thinking of calling it a NZIPA.

Its gunna be hop soup!

cheers

English Ale 50% split of "MO & Wey Vienna only" with thw 1st runnings boiled down to a toffee looking syrup.

Cropped_Beer_1.jpg Cropped_Beer_2.jpg

Hopped with Admiral (bittering) and Northdown for flavour & 1318 London ale III , it has gentle suggestions of dark toffee and caramel and mashed low for a dry finish
Really enjoying the results.

Cheers,
BB

Dunkleweizen:
Sun.jpg
Shade.jpg

A bit young but getting there. Manticle, I think I owe you beer.

Ok, I got a bit snap-happy...and this ain't a beer.
White_Flame_001.jpg White_Flame_002.jpg White_Flame_003.jpgWhite_Flame_004.jpg
White Flame Sparkling Ros
Made from table grapes, fresh from the supermarket. <_< Doesn't really taste like much, bit sharp, and at 9.2%, isn't even proper wine territory.
I'm just excited at the clarity and the colour. No fining agents, just a few months conditioning in secondary and cold bottle conditioning.

Belgian Dark. 8.5% and smoothing out very nicely.
Nice to have some in the small keg and the rest bottled for cellaring.

darknights.jpg

Wheat beer brewed to 4% ABV as a summer quaffer - I love Wyeast 3068 Weihenstephan

24012010.jpg

Chu Dat Hopf Phat
cdhp.jpg

Yes folks 100 IBUs of chinese hops (nugget & cascade) - with a touch of US cascade for aroma.
Quite nice actually.

Couple o picks from today Lez the weizguy' s schneider clone but with 3333 yeast, normally i use 3638 but i 've got an aventinus clone recipe that requires 3333 so i thought why not build some yeast with a cracker Hef recipe first, and i must say the 3333 is very subtle compared to the 3638 and is real easy drinking it produces a very well balanced weizen.

24012010463.jpg

And JZ's Spiced xmas beer could do with a little age on it but still dangerously drinkable at 9 %

24012010468.jpg 24012010466.jpg

wheaty with hallertauer to 20 IBU, spent all day pulling down an old fence in the heat and then necked 4 of these, beer tastes best when you've earned it i reckon :chug:

100_2694.JPG

cheers

Dave

btw bulp, that spiced beer looks awesome

As does your Hef mate and love the aventinus glass, have to get me one of those, speaking of Hef's time for a beer.

:beer:

wheaty with hallertauer to 20 IBU, spent all day pulling down an old fence in the heat and then necked 4 of these, beer tastes best when you've earned it i reckon :chug:

View attachment 35202

cheers

Dave

Top idea Yardy, might have one meself.
weiz.jpg

rice%20lager.jpg

Aussie day brew, Grazza's Rice Lager - Based on the asahi clone from clone brews clean crisp and dry finish knocked off 2 kegs of this yesterday for aussie day

hefe.JPG

Les the weizguy's schneider style weisse - another hit on aussie day, only had 1 keg of this though and i reckon it needed more carbonation

here is my raspberry wheat thats been aged about a year in the keg and is still bloody nice
27012010105.jpg

Nanango Summer Red Ale, 4%, easy drinking, dry hopped with NZ Cascade

summer_red_ale.JPG

Cheers!

On the Bat Bar tonight my Scottish 40 shilling, won gold 4 four years ago and I haven't changed the recipe at all.
I love Scottish beers but to my tastes I like the lighter side, and easy drinking, the 40 shilling was often supplied to farmhands in rural areas in Scottish days gone by. Makes sense serving it in Kin Kin then.

today_beer_002.jpg

Batz

On the Bat Bar tonight my Scottish 40 shilling, won gold 4 four years ago and I haven't changed the recipe at all.
I love Scottish beers but to my tastes I like the lighter side, and easy drinking, the 40 shilling was often supplied to farmhands in rural areas in Scottish days gone by. Makes sense serving it in Kin Kin then.

View attachment 35302

Batz

OHHHHH Yeah i love the scottish beers, my export 80 come second in AABC last year and im verry happy with it.

I may have to try a 40 shilling soon.

Back