I'm Back Baby!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradG

Reaction score
Howdy all,
not a new member, but a returned member. Had a pause in brewing for about 5 or 6 years. Mainly used to do kits, extract, and some steeping. When I finished up I had started doing all grain BIAB in a Crown urn and made a few batches of 4 Pines Pale Ale which is my absolute favourite beer in the entire world. They turned out great. But anyway, with all the bother (time, effort etc) I decided it was easier to just buy it, and I stopped altogether. Last brew was early 2018.
I had some kegging gear but never got around to setting it up.
During covid I cleaned out the garage and got rid of my bottles, about 300 coopers long necks and 300 330ml's. I was sick of moving them around the garage everytime I wanted to get at something.

A few months back I dug out the keg gear and set it up for soda water with tap on the fridge door (was my old fermenting fridge, now being used as just a fridge). The soda water was very refreshing, and then the brewing bug bit me again, so now there are two taps on the fridge.

Have resumed by doing a few FWK's - Grain and Grape Fergs Oatmeal stout is awesome by the way, just kegged a mercenary pale ale today, and a cider will be next in the fermenter (hopefully later today).
Kegging is so much easier.

Will need to get another ferment fridge hopefully before the weather gets warm again.

Cheers,
Brad

Latest posts

Back