Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Choc Treacle Stout.

By far the best stout I've made to date. Took this one early, leaving the other fermenter for another week before kegging, going by this any improvement will be small.

View attachment 29965

That be the same type you sent down South to me? Making my mouth :icon_drool2: atm. Will need to crack it this week-end

BYB

Summer Porter. A bit under 5%, made with 1010 American Wheat yeast. Its dry and tart. Not the best choice of yeast but it was ready to pitch and the 1469 starter was bad :( so i in it went. Live and learn!

SummerPorter.jpg

Much prefer the Stout i just put on tap made with the Belgian Saison yeast. Fermented at 30 deg for a month its dry and fruity but all the malt shines through ballancing the beer. Pics of that one to come.

here is the porter.

Cheers

heres a beer that i found a bottle in the fridge that i though was all gone. its my belgian experimental
30112009068.jpg

Its the locking mechanism from a Maglite charger.

Or maybe its just two M6 bolts with nuts and springs?

Latest Hefe simplest recipe yet and greatest wheat beer to date

006-1.jpg

kleiny

Young bloke's 21st here on Saturday. I've done 2 kegs of

party_beers__Large_.jpg

• A Carltonish fake lager with Pale Pilsener, Carapils and da sugaz with 20g Superpride 90 mins and 2 plugs of Hallertau 10 mins, US-05
  • A more robust take on the (now sadly discontinued) Castlemaine XXX yes three ex - BB Galaxy, polenta, da sugaz, Cluster and more Cluster. S-189 so it's a lager. Believe it or not it also has 80g dark crystal, however the current crop of Galaxy malt seems to produce beers of virtually zero EBC so it probably needed it.
And they taste very noice.

Edit: piccies are the first glasses out of the keg so the remainder should be bright as a tack :icon_cheers:

Young bloke's 21st here on Saturday. I've done 2 kegs of

View attachment 33561

• A Carltonish fake lager with Pale Pilsener, Carapils and da sugaz with 20g Superpride 90 mins and 2 plugs of Hallertau 10 mins, US-05
  • A more robust take on the (now sadly discontinued) Castlemaine XXX yes three ex - BB Galaxy, polenta, da sugaz, Cluster and more Cluster. S-189 so it's a lager. Believe it or not it also has 80g dark crystal, however the current crop of Galaxy malt seems to produce beers of virtually zero EBC so it probably needed it.
And they taste very noice.

Edit: piccies are the first glasses out of the keg so the remainder should be bright as a tack :icon_cheers:
Bribie they look pretty tastey. And just because you've got both kegs on doesn't mean you have to pour two beers. Good thing you got two hands.

Cheers Brad

:icon_offtopic:
Hope it works well Bribie, I've got to one for my young fella next year - that 3x clone might be the biz.

looks like he got the whipped cream out for the head hey Screwey...... i agree... it looks great!

Another pic of BribieG's infamous Toucan Stout :p & I must admit that it created a bit of an upset with my taste buds but in a great way. At around 9% IIRC this is not one of your everyday quaffers. Good beer Bribie. :icon_cheers:
Apologies for the pic. Not one of my greatest shots.

Bribie__s_Toucan_Stout.JPG

TP

Another pic of BribieG's infamous Toucan Stout :p & I must admit that it created a bit of an upset with my taste buds but in a great way. At around 9% IIRC this is not one of your everyday quaffers. Good beer Bribie. :icon_cheers:
Apologies for the pic. Not one of my greatest shots.

View attachment 33569

TP

Bribes turn to say nice things about your brew next :icon_chickcheers:

Batz

Had a Scottish Campbell once, but that was after Incider and it had loss its head.

Batz

Bribes turn to say nice things about your brew next :icon_chickcheers:

Batz

TP's Aussie Lager is the best example I've ever tasted. He should put it in the competition circuit next year, but Lion and Fosters would then have to kill him :icon_drunk:

Galaxian Pale Ale (inspired from RecipeDB)

4kg MO
1kg Munich

16gm Galaxy 60mins
14gm Galaxy 20mins
20gm Galaxy 0 mins

US-05 / 23lt

DSC_0026.JPG

Great shot Regulator!

A bit of sun in the beer at that great time in the arvo when its mild and warm...... just brings the beer to life!

cheers

The latest (kegged batch) of Carpathian Darkling - not the beetle - a Belgian Xmas Ale/Strong dark.
xmas.jpg

Some at BABBs got a taste of the bottled version last week. The kegged version is getting its act together - still has a slight train wreck of flavours, but they are getting very close to combining. Right now its full spice, then alcohol, then malt body. should be good by Xmas/New Year and fantastic by easter.

Latest posts

Back