Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sparkling Ale from the tap, made to AndrewQLD's winning recipe although using Pilsener base malt. Light, fruity, no bubblegum. Coopers are going to have to kill Andrew (and me.) B)

Andrewsparkling__Large_.jpg

Looks really nice Bribie :icon_drool2: , I'd kill for one of those right now.

Andrew

Not the TTL, not the TTL :eek:

john_smith__Large_.jpg

More of a Yorkshire Bitter John Smiths Magnet Ale attempt. No Styrians in the face, just a subdued Progress / EKG and fermented with Proculture Wood Ale (AKA 1469). Nice quaffer but a bit robust on the Carafa2 - I'll go Choc chit next time.

Docs Yardglass Session Light (well 4.6% Alc.), with a touch of Nelson Sauvin in the Cube, love this Beer and one of the Best made to date, could smash this all Summer... :icon_drool2:

P4020481.JPG

:icon_cheers: CB

View attachment 33877

More of a Yorkshire Bitter John Smiths Magnet Ale attempt. No Styrians in the face, just a subdued Progress / EKG and fermented with Proculture Wood Ale (AKA 1469). Nice quaffer but a bit robust on the Carafa2 - I'll go Choc chit next time.

What's your thoughts on the proculture product Bribie? Worth making the effort to get some sent across? Am starting to run low on 1469 around here.

What's your thoughts on the proculture product Bribie? Worth making the effort to get some sent across? Am starting to run low on 1469 around here.
Mate this stuff is more 1469 than 1469. When I use it, I'm right back to what 1469 was like last year around this time when it was available from Wyeast: after primary fermentation it has a 'popcorn head' that just sits there like a layer of styrofoam until you twig that it's all done and time to rack off. Then when you bottle or keg, the beer comes over looking like pea soup then clears out magically after a few days.

Mine arrived still cool after a trans continental journey. Highly recommended and Wyeast can go and bite their bums.

B)

Mate this stuff is more 1469 than 1469. When I use it, I'm right back to what 1469 was like last year around this time when it was available from Wyeast: after primary fermentation it has a 'popcorn head' that just sits there like a layer of styrofoam until you twig that it's all done and time to rack off. Then when you bottle or keg, the beer comes over looking like pea soup then clears out magically after a few days.

Mine arrived still cool after a trans continental journey. Highly recommended and Wyeast can go and bite their bums.

B)

I still have some 1469 from the last of the packs ross had in stock. I smacked the pack and split it between a few vials.

Some info on where to get it fresh would be tops! ????? :)

Hi guys,

Here's my latest brew for your viewing pleasure. It's a standard American lager. Gonna be a massive crowd pleaser.
Was very nice having one of these after working in the heat today.

Cheers,
Al

IMG_7480.JPG

A beer from a co-worker. Made at one of those Ubrewit places that isn't actually Ubrewit. Supposedly an "English Bitter". Very warm alc (though not altogether unpleasantly warm), much too bitter for style (approaching IPA territory (which is a highlight of the beer for me, really)), extremely long lasting pillowy head (very impressive), a bit of roastiness in the background?

Need to work out how to have speak positively about this beer tomorrow (and there are some positives) without making him bring more in for me.

I still have some 1469 from the last of the packs ross had in stock. I smacked the pack and split it between a few vials.

Some info on where to get it fresh would be tops! ????? :)
Gryphon Brewing I believe tony. Only two vials left here.

Strong Golden Ale... Very happy with this one though I sense the end of the keg is near. :)

Warren -

16122009144.jpg

Strong Golden Ale... Very happy with this one though I sense the end of the keg is near. :)

Warren -

That looks great Warren, and it's super clear! Did you filter?
Next time you brew it try aging some on oak for a month or so if you haven't already, it adds a wonderful complexity that is really noticable as the beer warms.

Cheers
Andrew

No filter Andrew. Just plain old age.... :)

Oak sounds interesting. I used some in my Flanders Red. Seemed to add something but the beer itself was quite ordinary.

However in a dry golden ale you may be onto something. Maybe the beer world's answer to an oaked Chardonnay?

Warren -

View attachment 33877

Have a clone recipe for Sam Smiths Magnet Bitter if you're interested Bribie

Cheers,

Screwy

Warren -

Looks great Warren. Love the glass.

It's sad when those beers run out. I had one in a keg for about 7 months. Crystal clear and still tasted great.

Kabooby :)

Yep it's only taken me 12 years to realise Kabooby. Beers like that need to be ignored for around 3 months. Once the rough stuff drops away they're drinking magic. :icon_drunk:

I might have to get another one on the go.

BTW Glass is just the cheap La Trappe thing they give you when you buy the gift pack. You can get it at First Choice Liquor.

Warren -

Warren -

I opened the other bottle of this you gave me a couple of months back Wazza, man has this mellowed into a fantastic beer.
Was that the Farmhouse Ale yeast?

Rook

I opened the other bottle of this you gave me a couple of months back Wazza, man has this mellowed into a fantastic beer.
Was that the Farmhouse Ale yeast?

Rook

Yep mate the great exploding strain. :p

Warren -

Back