Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 32585

This is my first saison. Will be going in for the sa summer swap. Is an absolute cracker! 6.5% and you wouldn't even know. Will be doing a lighter version for the swap though. It is so potent because of an increase in 15% eff + 3711 french saison which seems to eat everthing and ask for seconds. Simple grain bill, 90% pils and 10% wheat with styrian for bittering and saaz for flavour and a hint for aroma. Very nice spicy nose to this brew, crystal clear and thirst quenching inspite of the high alcohol.

Cheers
Phil

That looks and sounds amazing. Could go one right now (aircon out in the building- probably cooler outside and it was supposed to be 39 today <_< )...but have you just painted that head on? looks pretty solid. Looking forward to the swap. :party:

Here is a beer I made for my old man's 70 birthday. I shouted him over to the goldy and made this. 70 stubbies ( one for every year ) 15 gram galaxy, US05. First try of it today and he arrives next Monday. Very pleased with it. No where as hoppy as I like them but very nice. He'll love it.

Mate, what can't you do with US-05 :) Looks not unlike what I'm doing for a 21st birthday coming up, the youngsters will down it ... I've sneaked in a bit of Hallertau to pop their hop cherries, but not too much. B)

Tidal_Pete_Lager__Large_.jpg

Tidal Pete's Australian Lager

:icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

Mate, Fosters are going to have to kill you. This is what I've been trying to brew for the last year. Expect PM's about recipe.

Brilliant.

View attachment 33019

Tidal Pete's Australian Lager

:icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

Mate, Fosters are going to have to kill you. This is what I've been trying to brew for the last year. Expect PM's about recipe.

Brilliant.

Pete left a bottle of this for me a few weeks back, nice beer indeed.....not a bad brewer for his age :p

Batz

My keg of Alt ran out yesterday arvo so i dug out the fermenter of Maibock thats been CC's for ages. I put it in the fermenter in July. I was thinking it had CCd for 2 months but its more like 4.

Ran it through the flter and "Ross" method :rolleyes: carbed it.

Had it in the glass from Primary in half hour.

I had one and went to bed.

This is the second glass when i got home this arvo.

Its malty, lightly hoppy with a nutral ballance between malt and hops. Its sweet but not cloying.

Im really impressed

Maibock1832x1248.jpg

Maibock2832x1248.jpg

Cheers

Here is a beer I made for my old man's 70 birthday. I shouted him over to the goldy and made this. 70 stubbies ( one for every year ) 15 gram galaxy, US05. First try of it today and he arrives next Monday. Very pleased with it. No where as hoppy as I like them but very nice. He'll love it.

That's awesome. Let us know how it goes down with your old bloke.

Found a bottle of CAP I made about 4 months ago, it was bottled from the keg with a picnic tap about 2 months ago and its still held up the carbonation fine and is tasting awesome, loving the 30% Maize, the hop has died abit making it more prominent :icon_drool2:

Maize has very quickly become my favourite adjunct!! For summer at least, when winter comes I might go back to rye ;)

Aged_CAP.JPG

Lookin' good guys.

Heres my botched attempt at photographing a kits and bits something-or-other, gotta work out how to get the camera to 'spot' focus instead of considering the background as the subject <_<

Anywho, its a homebrand kit with 500/300 LDME/Dex, 200/50 Munich/JW Wheat, and 20g Saaz thrown in as an afterthought for 15min. Very smooth drinking.

bitter.jpg

I'll get some decent photos soon, I promise :D

- boingk

A couple of pics of my Alt. Its about 60IBu but you wouldn't know it. Went down a treat in 43 degree heat yesterday afternoon after I rode home...
SNC00156.jpg
SNC00157.jpg

A bit lighter than I expected but still great colour. The lighting in the pic makes it look a shade lighter as well.

A couple of pics of my Alt. Its about 60IBu but you wouldn't know it. Went down a treat in 43 degree heat yesterday afternoon after I rode home...
View attachment 33216
View attachment 33215

A bit lighter than I expected but still great colour. The lighting in the pic makes it look a shade lighter as well.

Looks the goods mate, whats the recipe for that beauty?

Looks the goods mate, whats the recipe for that beauty?

52% Munich
47% Pils
1% Carafa II
FWH 5 IBU Hallertau
FWH 10IBU Saphir
60mins 41IBU Saphir
60 Mins 5 IBU Hallertau
Wy Kolsch Yeast (2565)

I added a gram of Epsom Salts and Gypsum as well to the mash (using Adelaide Water) to add to hop crispness and a bit more calcium

Planning to do another with a bit more Munich (60-70%) but using Wy european Ale of German Ale...probably one of each :)

It's the best beer I've made or tasted for a while...although the Kolsch I have CCing would go close :icon_drool2:

Brewed a double batch of my Landlord recently and had plans to christen my beer engine with it.

Life got in the way so bottled 1 batch as my case swap contribution and kegged the other.

Nice to have a bitter back on tap, its been waaaay too long (5 weeks :lol: )

Landlord211109.jpg

IMG_4205.JPG

getting a bit later into the Saturday night bender, so it's time for some of the teensy bit of Gonzo clone that I managed to salve after obliterating a 23L glass carboy.... Damn I wish I had the whole batch!... :icon_drool2:

I'm in love with this beer, it's the first time I've brewed it but it's going to be a staple here.

red_ale_003.jpg

It's sort of based on an Irish red but with US finishing hops, I think Screwy posted a similar brew, so that's probably where my inspiration came from.
I must say it went down very well with the Kin Kiners last night anyway.

Photo taken today with Kin Kin the driest I have seen, tank water is at an all time low here.

Batz

While I'm having a couple, my latest pilsner.

Nice beer but I seem to have to much malt profile for my liking in pilsners...back to the drawing board.
I find it difficult to balance a pilsner to something I want, it's either too malty or too bitter. I suppose such a clean beer will display these things.
pils_002.jpg

Nice beer all the same .:beer:

Batz

After kegs of English Best Bitter, Irish Red and Northern English Brown I can say it is great to have an IPA back on. Even put 30gm of Cascade into the keg.

Its bitter, hoppy and a little cloudy. Bliss..

photo.jpg

:D

nice looking drop DK B)

the pommy *******
pombstd.jpg

MO with EKG, Fuggles and SG

cheers
Yard

Back